Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

F1 2019 startup crashes with Nvidia 3000 series cards (xbox gamepass)

Hello, 

I downloaded this game through gamepass and I was expecting to have some nice moments. Unfortunately, it's crashing all the time at the startup and it doesn't work. The current workaround that you have to delete some nvidia files from the installation folder doesn't work for gamepass players, since we cannot "touch" the game files. I have a 3080 and unfortunately, all people with 3000 nvidia cards, cannot play. 

Is there someone who can do something and help us? Is this game still supported or we just have to uninstall it and pretend like nothing happened? Maybe buy the 2020 game, since support is so good...?
error.png

Having same issue, its annoying how badly gamepass is locked down, even when using linux distro on pc to delete the suggested files from pc, xbox app downloads them again, rendering it completely useless for gamepass players. 

System Spec:
Ryzen 5 2600 stock
Asus B450-F
16GB 3200MHz DDR4
MSI RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVME

F1 crashing pc-1.png

Systems Spec GF-EX.png

Any updates on this one?? Is there someone who can say responsibly if it's gonna be fixed or not? Should we push from the microsoft side? 

9 minutes ago, Lemming1970 said:

Same problem. RTX3090 

Nvidia... Just works...... HAHAHAHAHahahahahaha

It works with EVERY other game. Not with this one. Sooo... codemasters' issue 😕 

So I bought F1 2020 on Steam after getting this error with F1 2019 Gamepass, works perfectly fine with my 3070. When you launch the game on Steam you can choose to launch with DirectX 11 or 12 for Win 10. I think that's the problem with Gamepass, the game is probably launched with DX11 and maybe that's why it don't works with 3000 series card, so yeah I think it's a problem on Microsoft side ! 

f1.PNG