Sign in to follow this  

Nordschleife

TBH not a big fan of the track racing it on Shift but it's not in Autosport  at least not as one of the main tracks it may be added later as DLC but right now I wouldn't count on it

Yes get this in the game.  Most important racing track ever for a racing game.  I know its in lots of others, 

It needs to be in Autosport. 

Track is way to overrated and it is just boring to race online. Never been fan of Nurb and never will be. Codies don't waiste your time on this one. Rather sée 4 to 5 other tracks.

P308R said:
Track is way to overrated and it is just boring to race online. Never been fan of Nurb and never will be. Codies don't waiste your time on this one. Rather sée 4 to 5 other tracks.
yeah it's too narrow for my liking on Shift 1 nowhere to make a move and overtake I can certainly see why it was abandoned in favour of the new Nurburgring

The track is only overrated for the people who can't drive it ;)
that's why they call it the green hell I suppose at least that's what Jackie Stewart calls it

Jackie Stewart's opinion is good enough for me.  I haven't done well with the Green Hell at all.  Would rather see the Nurburgring GP track in GRID A or it's child.

Frank
PC/keyboard, offline single player - GRID since 2008, still.

RubyRuby said:
Jackie Stewart's opinion is good enough for me.  I haven't done well with the Green Hell at all.  Would rather see the Nurburgring GP track in GRID A or it's child.

Frank
PC/keyboard, offline single player - GRID since 2008, still.
same here as much as I loved making the Pagani Zonda R on Shift 1 do 300mph down it's long straight I don't like racing that track it's a bit narrow for my liking and it's been retired from racing purely because it's to dangerous by modern standards and I think it should be forgotten for racing games unless it's for a classic mode Having said that I do have a tendency to struggle on narrower tracks anyway I think as I tend to struggle with both Monaco and Suzuka for the same reason although lately I've done quite well at Monaco having won there twice in the career mode I'm doing at the moment on F1 2012

Actually it's not been retired, but it is definitely dangerous.

Personally I used to dislike it primarily due to having to remember 120+ corners and lines for each whether I'm solo or having to overtake causes multiple differences in how you take many of the corners. However since racing it for almost 50% of my time in Shift 2, I've come to comprehend and indeed love that track. The nuances are subtle and I can see why they are never short for fielding endurance races there.

If it's added please add it to the Endurance series as it's a direct competitor for Circuit de la Sarthe, but far less boring :D

This track should be mandatory for all racing games, even NASCAR lol.
You say that, but the NASCAR games are terrible at adding tracks that aren't on the current Cup Series - even if the game includes the support championship cars. It's so bad that the old EA Sports NASCAR games had Nationwide cars and fictional road courses, even though the Nationwide series has had races at Road America, Mid Ohio Sports Car Course, and the Cup series has had races at Willow Springs and Riverside.

To race stock cars at any of those tracks in a 360/PS3 generation console game the only options are to use the K&N 400 series DLC in RacePro (I've seen people on other forums wondering why those 700 bhp American cars had such poor handing - they're almost exactly spec for Nationwide series stock cars - except a Cadillac is used instead of a Ford and the Charger and Challenger are present), or set the AI to Identical cars and use a custom ugrade build of a Camaro or Challenger in NFS Shift/Shift 2.

I guess you could do it in Gran Turismo or Forza, but with Forza you have to use an online lobby with a custom rule set.

EDIT: Also used within the last 30 years by NASCAR national series (Cup, Nationwide, and Truck) - Canadian Tire Motorsports Park, Road Atlanta, Suzuka East, Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez, Circuit Gilles Villenueve.

I say f the ring . IMO lame track , can I drive it yes drive it really good no. Do I want to see it in GAS a big hell no. Give me a dew others

^^^ NASCAR games have, extremely unfortunately, been garbage in general for the last 8 years or so. It's sad really :(
The problem is that no one wants to take NASCAR seriously and do more than a lazy attempt at it. They throw in the 20 ovals and 2 road courses on the Sprint Cup schedule, throw in 1 class of car that may or may not have multiple models, and call it a day. It would not be incredibly difficult to do something akin to what Codies did with F1 2013, throw in a few classic car models, support series and some matching tracks. Most of the changes to the schedule in NASCAR have added tracks as opposed to replacing them.

I know the ring forward & reverse because of PGR. If there's a DLC with only the ring, I would buy it & I would be especially happy if it's forward & reverse.

The track's been added a thousand times before and it must take a ton more resources and time to map this track's 20-odd km as opposed to the usual couple of km's for any other track. I'd prefer that devs concentrate on smaller, less well known tracks that are just as deserving of digital representation. Limerock, Lakeside, Pukekohe raceway for example.