Split Screen Questions

I am sort of an odd fellow. I haven't played computer games for 20-25 years and have never been that interested in gaming. I am a stocktrader and am looking at upgrading to a high end gaming computer to trade stocks with. I am also an F1 fan so I thought it might be interesting for my son (who is 10) and I to play F1 2020 together. I don't really care about the game itself would just like to spend time with my son. So what I am wondering is it possible to buy 2 wheels and use them from the same computer and play against each other or do we need 2 separate computers? Thankyou

What about on PS4??? Why can’t we use 2 Logitech G923 racing wheels on the same PS4 in split screen mode for the F1: 2020 game??? Shouldn’t there be an update by now that fixes this issue???

Edited by BlackPhoenix01
Added more context

My advice is:

Give the wheel to your son, and buy a controller for yourself. In F1 2020 driving with the pad is comfortable. Obviously, you will not be as fast as a wheel player, but you will still have a lot of fun.

Thanks for the suggestion @DaveMoon I have 4 controllers. But that was not my point at all I know I can do that setup. My question is why is it like this by design in F1 to use one controller and one wheel in split screen? An explanation would be really important. As in Gran Turismo Sport Both Steering wheels Logitech G923 works in split screen mode! So I don’t see any reason why it can’t be done by design or otherwise in F1: 2020! How ever we look at it it does not make sense that it is not possible as it is in other games like GTS.

I am a Senior software Developer so this is in the realms of my experience as in software. It would be an update maybe a minor update for the second steering wheel to be recognised as player 2.

we need to understand why this is not so.

If it is possible in one game it is possible in another. Simple.

Edited by BlackPhoenix01