Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

PC Windows - Ultimate Game Pass - Game not starting at all

Could a moderator kindly move this to F1 2019 forum instead? I posted too fast and overlooked that. Sorry.

Hi, 

Thanks for adding your issue. However, we require all bug reports to follow and complete the template below. This is critical information Codemasters needs to be able to see your bug clearly. Link:

Barry, I am having the same issue, as it appears that anyone with 30 series cards is in the same boat. The fix linked in the other thread does not work for xbox gamepass users as you are unable to modify or delete the .dll files in the gamepass version. The problem we are describing does not fit in most of your bug template as the game does not even start.

• A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 
    • Game does not start. "F1 2019 generated a crash dump at: C:XXXX..."
  • Platform
    • PC. Xbox Game pass.
  • What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen)
    • Can't get into the game to see version. whatever is the most recent on gamepass.
  • Game-mode?
    • N/A. doesnt start.
  • We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?
    • step 1: install 30 series card. step 2: try to start game.
  • How do you make the problem happen?
    • see above
  • What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue.
    • works with my previous card (1070ti)
  • What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 
    • N/A. game doesn't start
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   
    • N/A. Game doesn't start

See how this template isn't very applicable? It does not provide any detail that wasn't in the original poster's comment.

• Agree 1

Hi @EMUBritish,

However, what it does do is help us gauge the amount of users reporting the issue. Maybe your issue is very similar, but someone else's may be different. This is noted and with developers, and we are working towards a resolution

• I start the game and no screen is loaded, just a Windows prompt message stating that the game created a crash dump, attached in the first message of the thread.
  • Platform
    • PC Windows 10 - Ultimate Game Pass - Game is included for free in the service.
  • What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 
    • Cannot access the start screen.
  • Game-mode?
    • No specific mode.
  • We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?
    • Yes, anytime I try to start the game it creates a crash dump.
    • Starting the game.
  • What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 
    • Reinstalling.
    • Keyboard, mouse, Xbox One X Controller.
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears. 
    • Game doesn't start.

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue with GamePass and a RTX3070.

Game crashes at startup.

• Game does not start. "F1 2019 generated a crash dump at: C:XXXX..."
  • Platform
    • PC. Xbox Game pass.
    • Can't get into the game to see version. whatever is the most recent on gamepass.
  • Game-mode?
    • N/A. doesnt start.
    • step 1: install 30 series card. step 2: try to start game.
    • see above
  • What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue.
    • works with my previous card (1070ti)
    • N/A. game doesn't start
    • N/A. Game doesn't start

The existing workaround for the steam version is not applicable here as the Gamepass folder is protected.

Thanks for providing a quick fix.

2020-12-05 11_14_14-Clipboard.png

669979-20201205-111329.hardware_settings_config.xml

669979-20201205-111329.hardware_settings_info.xml

669979-20201205-111329.info.txt

669979-20201205-111329.dmp

Edited by BazuKikos
  • Agree 1

Hi Codemasters,

Any feedback concerning this major issue? Doesn't seem that things are moving forward...

Thanks,

Hello Codemasters,

Sorry but this is not serious.... not even one update on this major problem...

Are you going to fix this or should we just considerer that the game is not playable with the new Nvidia series?

Cheers,

Is there anybody home ? Seriously....no feedback or solution for more than 3 month !!!! 

I gave up and uninstalled the game !