F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

Equal F1 Cars in Grand Prix Mode

Hey Codemasters !!!

Please add option EQUAL CARS for F1 Cars in Grand Prix Mode. We have that option in Multiplayer section, but in Single Player we cant choose EQUAL CARS for F1 cars. You know its boring to see Mercedes 1.2. Red Bull 3. 4. positions almost in every race.  Thx in advance.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SabolcSaghmeist said:

Hey Codemasters !!!

Please add option EQUAL CARS for F1 Cars in Grand Prix Mode. We have that option in Multiplayer section, but in Single Player we cant choose EQUAL CARS for F1 cars. You know its boring to see Mercedes 1.2. Red Bull 3. 4. positions almost in every race.  Thx in advance.

It would be amazing. 

• Agree 2

I agree. It would be nice to use your favorite car and not get obliterated. I enjoy using the Williams in MP. As someone who races against the 110 AI, I'm forced to use a Merc to make sure I'm getting max performance. 

• Agree 2

18 hours ago, dshepsman said:

There is an option for all cars to be equal - its called F2

I think you dont understand what i want ... maybe you have less brain then my golden fish.  I wrote that i want option with F1 cars EQUAL Performance in Single Player mode, not F2 ... I think that move has only positive side, because i think lots of people want to race with F1 vs A.I.  Equal performance cars.  I want to see sometimes Kimi Raikkonen win the race, or maybe Ricciardo, Perez, Vettel, Leclerc, Verstappen ... Now we see 90% Hamilton or Bottas if we play Grand Prix mode ... Yes i know it is a reality, but you know reality is boring in F1 ... If Codemasters want a good Grand Prix mode, they need to add more Customisation in that mode.

Edited by SabolcSaghmeist

7 hours ago, SabolcSaghmeist said:

I think you dont understand what i want ... maybe you have less brain then my golden fish.  I wrote that i want option with F1 cars EQUAL Performance in Single Player mode, not F2 ... I think that move has only positive side, because i think lots of people want to race with F1 vs A.I.  Equal performance cars.  I want to see sometimes Kimi Raikkonen win the race, or maybe Ricciardo, Perez, Vettel, Leclerc, Verstappen ... Now we see 90% Hamilton or Bottas if we play Grand Prix mode ... Yes i know it is a reality, but you know reality is boring in F1 ... If Codemasters want a good Grand Prix mode, they need to add more Customisation in that mode.

I understood exactly what you said. I was being a bit sarcastic. Maybe that didn’t come across that well. Or maybe you have less brains than my house plant and just like insulting people. 

Maybe I’m just tired of people wanting every available option for every game instead of just playing the game they have. Or find a game that does what they want. 
Surely the point of the career mode is to build a better car? But maybe that’s just me. I guess the cars are equal in multiplayer, but having the same car to me seems like just hoping in the merc and winning. 
I’m going to assume the teams wouldn’t sign off of equal performance. 
But again, this is just opinion of one older gamer. 
And FYI, as someone who has raced in a couple of clubman one make series, I can tell you the same drivers always finish near the top.

And if you don’t believe me, just look at F2. If it wasn’t for the reverse grid, you’d get the same few drivers on the podium every race. 

but hey, let’s throw the realism out of the window. I’m sure the ‘we need a Ferrari engine nerf now!!’ brigade will be outside waving their banners to agree, until the merc runs off into the distance  due to realism and not balancing. 

You can’t please everyone. Not with a monopoly on a game. 

I was going to suggest ACC, as the BOP more or less keeps everything equal, but I have a feeling I’d be met with ‘but I want f1!’ 

Edited by dshepsman
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, dshepsman said:

I understood exactly what you said. I was being a bit sarcastic. Maybe that didn’t come across that well. Or maybe you have less brains than my house plant and just like insulting people. 

Maybe I’m just tired of people wanting every available option for every game instead of just playing the game they have. Or find a game that does what they want. 
Surely the point of the career mode is to build a better car? But maybe that’s just me. I guess the cars are equal in multiplayer, but having the same car to me seems like just hoping in the merc and winning. 
I’m going to assume the teams wouldn’t sign off of equal performance. 
But again, this is just opinion of one older gamer. 
And FYI, as someone who has raced in a couple of clubman one make series, I can tell you the same drivers always finish near the top.

And if you don’t believe me, just look at F2. If it wasn’t for the reverse grid, you’d get the same few drivers on the podium every race. 

but hey, let’s throw the realism out of the window. I’m sure the ‘we need a Ferrari engine nerf now!!’ brigade will be outside waving their banners to agree, until the merc runs off into the distance  due to realism and not balancing. 

You can’t please everyone. Not with a monopoly on a game. 

I was going to suggest ACC, as the BOP more or less keeps everything equal, but I have a feeling I’d be met with ‘but I want f1!’ 

Who cares about that you are tired of people wanting options in to the game ?! You are also one of the older games, who like to win races using Mercedes ... I want challenge, i want equal performance, i want to see different names on podiums (F1 Driver names, not F2). I want F1 to become more interesting, not Mercedes 90% 1. and 2. position. Yes in F2 might be always approx 5 or 6 drivers on 1. places, but comon in F1 we have 1 or 2 Drivers on 1. place xDDD I want to see Ricciardo on 1. place, no chance for that with realistic performance, i want to see Leclerc, Vettel on 1. place ... No chance for that with realistic performance. I want Perez, Verstappen , maybe Russel, Norris, Sainz on 1. place. There are a lots of good drivers in F1 , but we can see only Hamilton or Bottas on 1. place ... Why F2 races are more interesting then F1 races ??? What do you think ? Yes, because of equal cars 🙂

Edited by SabolcSaghmeist

2 hours ago, SabolcSaghmeist said:

Who cares about that you are tired of people wanting options in to the game ?! You are also one of the older games, who like to win races using Mercedes ... I want challenge, i want equal performance, i want to see different names on podiums (F1 Driver names, not F2). I want F1 to become more interesting, not Mercedes 90% 1. and 2. position. Yes in F2 might be always approx 5 or 6 drivers on 1. places, but comon in F1 we have 1 or 2 Drivers on 1. place xDDD I want to see Ricciardo on 1. place, no chance for that with realistic performance, i want to see Leclerc, Vettel on 1. place ... No chance for that with realistic performance. I want Perez, Verstappen , maybe Russel, Norris, Sainz on 1. place. There are a lots of good drivers in F1 , but we can see only Hamilton or Bottas on 1. place ... Why F2 races are more interesting then F1 races ??? What do you think ? Yes, because of equal cars 🙂

Right, where to start...

first of all, read and comprehend what im saying...

I dont like to have the best car and win outright. That gets boring very quickly. I like to start at the back, work my way to the front and beat the best cars.

And in your scenario, you wont see Ricciardo, or whoever winning races because Lewis's stats are better (in theory) than everyone elses... so the same 4 or 5 drivers with the best stats will always win if they all have the same car (assuming no technical issues).... Thats the point im trying to make. F1 can be boring. I tired of watching merc/lewis run away with it. I want to see max fighting with the mercs. I want to see Williams and the Mclarens back at the front. But they arnt - because its F1, and not a spec formula.

As I said, ive racing in spec formulas. The BEST drivers are always at the front. But i was racing for fun, the experience and the love of racing... but you could predict who would be on the podium. In some races, even predict the podium places. You have to take a look at yourself and wonder how the other drivers are so much quicker than yourself. Is it setup? have they squeezed and extra 2 bhp out of the engine? is it just the experience?  Or is it the courage to brake that little bit later, get on the throttle that bit earlier/harder? 

The point is, theres a pecking order - esp in a game where its all about data, and stats. 

But anyway, its just my opinion. im clearly out of touch with the youth. and to be honest, i dont really care

On 11/28/2020 at 1:41 AM, BarryBL said:

I think I'll step in to end this discussion here.

From a game standpoint, we have to keep the cars running at their approved levels at the start of all single player game modes. The main reason that 'Equal Cars' is available in Multiplayer is so players can have a fair experience. Without this, the game becomes impossible to race on for a lot of users.

Although its a nice idea, having F1 cars all run at equal performance in Grand Prix mode would not be truly indicative on modern-day F1, and would be very difficult to persuade all stakeholders that this would be viable. 

Thank goodness this puts an end to this ridiculous request.

On 11/27/2020 at 4:41 AM, BarryBL said:

I think I'll step in to end this discussion here.

From a game standpoint, we have to keep the cars running at their approved levels at the start of all single player game modes. The main reason that 'Equal Cars' is available in Multiplayer is so players can have a fair experience. Without this, the game becomes impossible to race on for a lot of users.

Although its a nice idea, having F1 cars all run at equal performance in Grand Prix mode would not be truly indicative on modern-day F1, and would be very difficult to persuade all stakeholders that this would be viable. 

It’s a simple option that allows people to enjoy the game however they want and its already built into multiplayer. Not sure how “truly indicative on modern-day F1” has to do with anything considering My Team is an option. I completely agree with the op it would be a great addition and the more user control people have over their experience the better imo.

For those of you that don't think it necessary or needed simply don’t select it if it was added ffs. 

• Like 1

On 1/11/2021 at 3:16 PM, Theseus said:

For those of you that don't think it necessary or needed simply don’t select it if it was added ffs. 

Some of the best words spoken. Unfortunately these people have a fascist mentality, they don't like it or agree therefore it shouldn't exist. It really is so simple. And this goes with every aspect of life, if you don't like something or disagree with it, don't use it, don't listen to it, don't support it but absolutely don't try and silence it and rid it of existence. Such an easy concept that people can't grasp

On 1/11/2021 at 8:16 PM, Theseus said:

It’s a simple option that allows people to enjoy the game however they want and its already built into multiplayer. Not sure how “truly indicative on modern-day F1” has to do with anything considering My Team is an option. I completely agree with the op it would be a great addition and the more user control people have over their experience the better imo.

I think you're kind of missing the key part of it...

To be able to do most things with this franchise, Codemasters have to get approval from FOM and the teams.

I'm pretty sure that the issue is that even if they really wanted to add balance performance to Grand Prix mode, they would need the approval of the 'stakeholders' - i.e., FOM and the teams.

Career Mode is one thing, but Grand Prix is supposed to be a representation of the season as it is. I'm pretty sure the likes of Red Bull wouldn't be pleased with giving players an option to have AlphaTauri be as quick as them, or Ferrari letting Alfa Romeo beat them in a race.

Is it stupid? Yeah. Of course it is. But that's what happens when you have all these massive teams and corporations all wanting a say in how they're represented in a licensed product to protect their brands.

All the BS to one side, there is a way around this. I have not tried it but im sure it will work.

Start a new league in multiplayer with at elast one friend. Select equal cars and allow friend to be subbed by an AI? Make league private , and boom you have f1, equal cars,  18 Ai real f1 drivers names then 2 cars yourself and friend with your username. You could complete the season without the friend racing a race, as long as he joins the league? I will try soon to verify but should work...

Found this thread while searching to see if this option existed, because I would very much like to use it.

It would be fun to race F1 cars with the same equal performance found in F2. If nothing else, at the moment, I'm new to the game, and I'm trying to learn how to better drive in traffic offline before I go making messes online, so an option for this would make for great practice. F2 is great and all, but it's not the same, and not good training for the F1 online experience.

My two cents:

I guess I understand the stakeholders bit as a fact of life, because they're why so few racing games have had accurate damage models over the years, and it's been that way for ages. But, just as a point of discussion, I see absolutely no downside to providing this particular option to us, for any of the stakeholders involved.

If anything, it increases engagement in the product. Every time a gamer finds an option in their game that suits them, you have a more satisfied customer than you would otherwise. That means more time spent with the game, which in this case means more time exposed to the F1 product, which means more potential fans and deeper fan ties, thus $.

I don't think anyone is going to be put off from Ferrari or Mercedes in real life because a Williams car beat them in a videogame. But it might just inspire a customer to spend more time with the game than they normally would. I mean, the option exists in Time Trial and is shared on the global leaderboards, denoted for all to see. What's being protected, exactly?

I don't see a downside. If one exists, feel free to set me straight.

Anyway, so, yeah, I would also like to see this option made available. It would only make me love this game more than I already do.