Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

Wrong Position Indication - Multiplayer Online - Xbox One

Hi,

As the problem is happening often in so many leagues, I decided to share, because we're suffering a lot with this terrible bug in multiplayer online mode, at this time, with an error in position indication, basically the game shows different positions for each player, causing confusion during the race, so at final, we have different winners, different scenarios of podium in the same session. It can be seen in the video below we've recorded, where there is evidences and details. 

Please, I really want to ask help for Codemaster Support Team in this case, the game is getting worst each patch, but I would like to contribute to change it.

Bug Report Video:

Completed Race Case 1: 

Completed Race Case 2 (1/2):

Completed Race Case 2 (2/2):

Info::

Game: F1 2020

Version: 1.13

Platform: Xbox One

Mode: Multiplayer Online (No Ranked) 

Players Country in Session: All from Brazil

• Agree 2

O jogo F1 2020 está incompleto, falta polimento dentro do jogo, falta o mínimo de estabilidade nas partidas online, a * Codemasters * te cobra o preço cheio pelo jogo, mas te entrega um meio jogo, decepcionante. Problemas de som, conectividade, leyout. hj está quase impossível criar uma partida online e não sofrer com algum tipo de bug dentro desse lixo chamado (F1 2020 Codemasters.) E a cada atualização vem mais e mais bugs.

• Agree 3
  • Administrator

Hi everyone,

If you have experienced similar, please complete the Multiplayer bug report, with timestamped videos and report codes, so we can investigate.

Link: 

Also, please note this is a English speaking forum. Please translate so I can help with your issues. Thanks. 👍

• Sad 1

To those responsible for Codemasters,

We request on behalf of all consumers to take action in relation to the frequent "bugs" that occur in the F1 2020 game. The position indicator "bug" is just one that bothers us when we try to enjoy the game. With all due respect, our feeling is that Codemasters disrespects and disregards its consumers. The game was released months ago and with each update, the feeling is that it only gets worse. May Codemasters be able to consider the appeal of its consumers and resolve, once and for all, these totally unpleasant situations.

We wait. Thanks.

• Agree 4
  • Administrator
32 minutes ago, Ser61oMOLINA said:

To those responsible for Codemasters,

We request on behalf of all consumers to take action in relation to the frequent "bugs" that occur in the F1 2020 game. The position indicator "bug" is just one that bothers us when we try to enjoy the game. With all due respect, our feeling is that Codemasters disrespects and disregards its consumers. The game was released months ago and with each update, the feeling is that it only gets worse. May Codemasters be able to consider the appeal of its consumers and resolve, once and for all, these totally unpleasant situations.

We wait. Thanks.

Hi @Ser61oMOLINA.

Please see the above message. The completed bug report is critical for us to work on any issues, achieve replication and potentially fix. We need detail like Report Codes (found if you pause the session at any time), users connection details (especially those affected) and if this happens regularly. Please remember that we have to be able to replicate internally to find any potential problems in the game, and then look into diagnosing and fixing. 

Imagine we're a doctors surgery. We need to know where the game isn't feeling well, how much it hurts and if it happens all the time before we take a look at it before we start thinking about working towards making it better.

• Haha 1
  • Administrator
11 minutes ago, DanielGrotti said:

Hi @BarryBl

Did you see the videos? sometimes the patient does not know what he has and the doctor, based on clinical analysis, has the ability to know what the patient has of the disease. in case he cannot identify, he has a team to assist and equipment to see "inside" the patient.

@DanielGrotti

As mentioned on your bug and in DM's, we do need a complete report with details so we can find the issue. I understand the frustration here, but you added a 1 hour video with no timestamps or details on the issue. From the report in its current state, it would be impossible to even consider what the issue you are hoping to raise is. Like on your report, please add a report.

Hi @BarryBL

You need to understand that the bugs were detailed in the video attached to the post, this is the material available and you will see that it is sufficient.  It is not possible to get timestamp in streaming on the xbox. About the error code, we did not have the collection guidance at the time of the race, so I will try it on the next opportunity.  But in any case, I would like to confirm that the material provided is more than enough. 

Best regards,  

Denis 

• Agree 1
  • Administrator

@DenisBRA

I understand and empathise for the detail into the video report. However, some details are missing that are vital to replicating the issue so I can bug it for you. Without this information, it becomes nearly impossible to replicate. The information I need is:

•  NAT Type of the players affected
  •  Connectivity Settings of the players directly affected? Are they running wired or wireless.
  •  Report codes if you see this again will be really helpful. These help our network team massively.
  •  How many times it has happened out of your league races? Does it happen everytime? Does it happen when a certain user is in the lobby?

This information is important as, without it, we cannot reliably confirm the issue and begin to fix. 

3 hours ago, BarryBL said:

@DanielGrotti

As mentioned on your bug and in DM's, we do need a complete report with details so we can find the issue. I understand the frustration here, but you added a 1 hour video with no timestamps or details on the issue. From the report in its current state, it would be impossible to even consider what the issue you are hoping to raise is. Like on your report, please add a report.

Sorry, but I'm telling a about videos posted by @DenisBRA .. short videos. We aren't developers... 

• Administrator

Hi everyone,

Please see below for the bug reporting rules for this forum 👍:

Template is also mentioned earlier in this thread. Completing this template and following the bug reporting rules in this forum is critical to helping us track and solve issues. Without the information requested, we cannot accurately diagnose and investigate your issue.

10 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Template is also mentioned earlier in this thread. Completing this template and following the bug reporting rules in this forum is critical to helping us track and solve issues. Without the information requested, we cannot accurately diagnose and investigate your issue.

• A detailed description of the issue. 

Wrong position indication for player name "ReservedHorsebr" as explained in the initial report post, the game moves down the player in position board suddenly, in this case, he was moved from P2 to P10, but you can see, he stayed P2 in track all the time. It causes confusions, because everybody can see this change in position indication, so it generates wrong blue flags, different winners and podiums. 

• Platform

Xbox One

• What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

• Ranked/Unranked/Leagues

Unranked

• Wired or Wireless Connection?

We have a procedure at community, to avoid wireless, so majority players use wired. 

• The amount of players in your session?

• Were you the host?

Yes, I was host, Denis.

Gamertag: F1MB DENIS

• Did this issue happens for everyone in the session, just some people or just yourself? What did they see?

Everybody said they could notice that, except own "ReservedHorsebr". 

• We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?

It's happening every race, I think we can reproduce just opening a new race lobby. 

• How do you make the problem happen?

Just starting a race lobby and waiting the issue appears. It has been happening since 1.13 patch. 

• Can you add a report code. How to find this is in Main Menu > Game Options > Settings > 16 digit code in the bottom left of the screen. Please make sure that this is the code from the session you had the issue in. Adding report codes from as many users in your session as possible would be really helpful here.

MXKK-BMGX-MSST-DBTS

• Video of the issue, including timestamps. Did you stream the session? 

Video attached, There is no timestamp available in F1 2020 game, xbox or twitch. But you it happened in turn 7, the lobby started about 21:00h Brazil. 

•  
Edited by DenisBRA
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
14 hours ago, BarryBL said:

The information I need is:

•  NAT Type of the players affected
  •  Connectivity Settings of the players directly affected? Are they running wired or wireless.
  •  Report codes if you see this again will be really helpful. These help our network team massively.
  •  How many times it has happened out of your league races? Does it happen everytime? Does it happen when a certain user is in the lobby?

I got all information you need now, about the Case 1, related in initial post in Netherlands with player name "FNT KEVIN 80"

KEVIN REPORT CODE:

JTDP-MAVJ-KKRX-TJVS

NAT TYPE:

Open, without restrictions. 

CONNECTIVITY SETTINGS:

Majority wired, Kevin wired. 

REPORT CODE:

JTDP-MAVJ-KKRX-TJVS

HOW MANY TIMES:

It happened every race, since patch 1.13. We have 2 divisions, with different players, and the issue repeat there too. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
3 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Thank you @DenisBRA, much appreciated. Quick question, is the host (so you) always the same person? I've bugged this internally and is now with developers, this would be a important detail for our investigation

Yes, I was host always. But I know another league, a different host with same bug. 

@BarryBLI do not understand the need to add another report ... the problem persists and is ending our league. It gets to be indignant because we already talked about the problem and nothing is done. sorry, but you already have all the information and see that even on another platform, the grotesque error persists. We paid R $ 300.00 for a game that doesn't work! I think codemaster should listen to customers because it is not delivering what was promised in the sale, a game that works! fix it please !!!!

• 1 month later...
On 12/7/2020 at 7:10 AM, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

Please note that this bug is with developers and under investigation. However, some issues, particularly in the online space, can take time to fully understand, investigate and resolve.

Hi @BarryBL

Do you have any news about solving? This issue stays happening, it's so disappointing. I have no hope, sorry.