F1 2021

F1 2021 should just be a huge DLC for F1 2020. Cars will be exactly the same and all they need to do is remove Vietnam and add Saudi Arabia.

When the new regs come into play in 22 Take 2 will of had 2 years to rebuild the game and bring the heat with new features and next gen optimisation.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

12 hours ago, zZ A M P Aa said:

When the new regs come into play in 22 Take 2 will of had 2 years to rebuild the game and add in a load of micro transactions just to play the game

FTFY

• Agree 3

I hope they do this just so they have time to overhaul the AI. They. Are. Stupid.

Said a long time ago that 2021 should just be a seasonal update to drivers / teams / tracks to give them more time for the 2022 overhaul. Probably won't though.. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

On 11/27/2020 at 1:45 PM, Sbinnotto07 said:

What's your expectations from F1 2021?

Lots of microtransactions, sadly..

I also expect to skip it, in favor of GT7 which should launch around the same time. 

with the definitive exit of the Vietnam GP, in 2021 it will be replaced by one of these three tracks: Imola, Istanbul or portimao. I am hoping for a race in Imola, while I hope all three will be added to the game @UP100.

F1 2021 (the game) should be a mega one for Codemasters.  First off, I would expect a 2020 sub season included in the game that features those most exotic of F1 tracks traversed this year to include Istanbul Park, Mugello, Imola, Algarve, and Nurburgring GP.  I hate to see Vietnam go, but if rumors pan out, Algarve will replace the place-holder race in April and a new street circuit in Saudi Arabia is most welcome. This track line up will be one of the busiest for a Codemasters game and they will do well to plug the hell out of it in 2021.  Add some new classic cars in there and, wow - F1 2021 will be juggernaut of a jam-packed game.  

• Agree 3

I hope F1 2021 will be really cool and better than the previous ones, I think that the number of new cars in it will increase! Until it comes out, I will play the Dota 2 strategy game, in which I can find wow classic power leveling , although such games take up a lot of free time, but they are very interesting.

Edited by Felippe90

On 12/9/2020 at 6:31 AM, StanleyGoodspeed said:

Lots of microtransactions, sadly..

I also expect to skip it, in favor of GT7 which should launch around the same time. 

For a one year game they need to remove micro-transactions and make all items free.  People hardly ever revert to previous racing game except to race on missed tracks or drive classic cars, so what's up with having to pay for **** that will becomes obsolete in a year's time???!!!

• Agree 4

2 hours ago, FOneFanatic said:

For a one year game they need to remove micro-transactions and make all items free.  People hardly ever revert to previous racing game except to race on missed tracks or drive classic cars, so what's up with having to pay for **** that will becomes obsolete in a year's time???!!!

Exactly!
Podium Pass/Pitcoin shenanigans in a €70 a year game is malicious imo.

And how about no items at all, but a livery editor instead. 

• Thanks 2
  • Agree 2

I’d like to see the race strategy program also have a graph for fuel usage.

And the big one - better Fanatec (and other) wheel button support on Xbox. Yes I know wheel button support is a MS thing (in general), but ALL button/dial inputs on the Logitech G923 ARE SUPPORTED in ACC on Xbox - so there is a way.

Edited by Monzie83
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

EA new track purchase option, pay for each track separately.. Its only official if you CC..

One of my worst fears.. And hearing "rebuild", if EA make F1 like NFS I'm committing myself to a mental asylum.. Everyone buy the F1 2020 disc and look after it like its your baby.. 2021 if Codies are able to complete this themselves. It will be the last of its kind.. I want so badly to be wrong on all my EA takeover fears.

• Agree 2

On 12/17/2020 at 8:47 PM, Monzie83 said:

I’d like to see the race strategy program also have a graph for fuel usage.

And the big one - better Fanatec (and other) wheel button support on Xbox. Yes I know wheel button support is a MS thing (in general), but ALL button/dial inputs on the Logitech G923 ARE SUPPORTED in ACC on Xbox - so there is a way.

Mate about the percentage of Fuel used in the Race Programs you have it already in this game on a diffferent way.. that tolds you how much your team recommends Fuel in KG to you set on your Race Strategy. If you want to BE much perfectionist you have to divide the number that your team recommends for the number of laps the race was.. that gives you the average of Fuel used per lap more properly

• Like 1

On 12/18/2020 at 6:45 PM, Carystus said:

EA new track purchase option, pay for each track separately.. Its only official if you CC..

One of my worst fears.. And hearing "rebuild", if EA make F1 like NFS I'm committing myself to a mental asylum.. Everyone buy the F1 2020 disc and look after it like its your baby.. 2021 if Codies are able to complete this themselves. It will be the last of its kind.. I want so badly to be wrong on all my EA takeover fears.

Yeah, EA own Real Racing 3, which is a poster child for microtransactions; I mean they take that stuff to the next level! If EA do end up acquiring Codemasters and try and incorporate a micro-transaction haven in the game, well, I can't tell you how very fatal that will be for sales of the game. 

Edited by FOneFanatic

I suspect this EA takeover news will be too late to really have an impact on this series for 21, but who knows.  That being said though, What am I expecting of F1 2021 and beyond? 

More microtransactions.  Think pit pass is terrible? just wait.  That's EA's model.

Some goofy "ultimate team" card collection type mode, to generate more revenue.   Also EA's model.

A copy and paste of F12020 with new liveries.  Also EA's model.

An expansion of the "casual" gameplay mode to cater towards the casuals and kids.  That's where the money is.    Also EA's model.

News of some cinematic first person type mode..  now that could be interesting but I think it's a ways off as it will take EA some time.

I think there will be some positives that come from the takeover, we may not see them next year which tells me F1 2021 will likely be a copy/paste from Codies.  I doubt there is going to be much change in direction here this year given the unknowns of the change coming. Sadly, I'm not expecting much from F12021 with Covid still lingering and causing shut downs and the impending EA takover. 

10 hours ago, Sbinnotto07 said:

Paying money to game that you bought is ridicilous.

I am absolutely agree with you mate.. if you bought the game if you spent your cash buying the game doesn t make any sense paying for some to add.. is ridiculous and Anti Social 

• Agree 1

My wishes:

- I hope they will start to have some real laser scanned tracks

- better force feedback system, should be more sim like. rumble strips feel always the same it doesn't matter if you change suspension or tyre pressure

- analog clutch

- story is always fine for me, should be a bit polished to not reach the cap to early in a ten season game

- practice mode for all tracks (with track acclimatisation programm) without starting a gp weekend.

- more possibilities to adjust the camera

- mouse implementation

My fears:

- none of the above will be in

• Agree 3