add MDF in Pause Menu

Hi Codemasters,

I would like to suggest a feature which could be pretty useful to the players IMHO: add the MDF panel in the Pause Menu too, in a similar way the user can change the gameplay settings while loading the screens, this would help a lot and could be more realistic too, I explain you why. Today I had a troubled GP which gave me the idea. 

I cannot set voice command in my configuration (like the most of the players?), therefore I'm forced to navigate the MDF with the arrows' buttons of my wheel (a Logitech G29) to change the most of MDF settings. I also use the shortcuts but all my buttons are already in use for the "driving" settings like ERS, Differential, etc, so the others remain "to be navigated", always with buttons on the wheel but to make 3-4 different clicks need a bit o focus, move the eyes to the steering wheel and this may cause loss of concentration.

Mainly I'm referring to the settings which are not always used but sometimes they are absolutely necessary during a GP, like choose/change the compound for the next pit stop, modify the front wing setting, or the damage repair one. If the track has a long straight this is not a big problem, although not "funny" the same to move the focus even for only 2-3 seconds, but today I had a tricky 100% race in Monaco and I needed to make changes due to dynamic weather. It was pretty impossible to do it without losing the control of the car, I had to use some Flashbacks to get over it and it was a bit disappointing.

With the suggested feature it would be much more easy, just pause the game, change the settings and come back to racing in few seconds. This would also be more realistic IMHO, because real drivers don't need to play with MDF to choose the next tyres :classic_tongue: so in our game, the player won't lose his concentration during the race anymore.

If add the whole MDF system (preferred if possible) in the Pause Menu is an hard matter, it would be enough to add only the toggles shown in the picture.

IMG.thumb.JPG.45ff6fdd3209cdb87979b61f6e33094a.JPG

Hope you can have a look, thank you in advance :classic_smile:

Cheers,
Nuv

• Agree 4

This is a wonderful idea. Playing on Stadia with no voice commands, working through the huge menu is extremely difficult, especially on some action-packed tracks.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

This is absolutely the most unrealistic thing I have EVER Heard. Not trying to be mean but that is absolutely ridiculous. Take the time to memorize where each setting is so all you need to remember is how many clicks or button presses to get to the setting you need. We as well as F1 Drivers have voice command which is as real as it gets, anything other than that is quality of life for the game. Adding a pause menu in race settings screen would absolutely ruin the experience for anyone who takes this game seriously. Add a shortcut on your wheel for the pit screen, there are only what 4 settings in that screen and memorize which ones you might need to change. Get rid of one of your shortcuts or keybinds and bind the voice command option, everything you need can be done through voice command including changing tyre type, when to pit etc. You need voice command either way in case of strategy changes mid race!

• Disagree 1

25 minutes ago, DesolateMind427 said:

This is absolutely the most unrealistic thing I have EVER Heard. Not trying to be mean but that is absolutely ridiculous. Take the time to memorize where each setting is so all you need to remember is how many clicks or button presses to get to the setting you need. We as well as F1 Drivers have voice command which is as real as it gets, anything other than that is quality of life for the game. Adding a pause menu in race settings screen would absolutely ruin the experience for anyone who takes this game seriously. Add a shortcut on your wheel for the pit screen, there are only what 4 settings in that screen and memorize which ones you might need to change. Get rid of one of your shortcuts or keybinds and bind the voice command option, everything you need can be done through voice command including changing tyre type, when to pit etc. You need voice command either way in case of strategy changes mid race!

I respect your opinion but personally I cannot use voice commands.

I have already memorized the path, in any case I need to watch the steering wheel because the most comfortable buttons are in use for the most used features, plus it has nothing realistic about it.

Any functionality in pause menu, clearly only Single Player, would simulate the voice radio itself; as last it does not detract from those who think like you, while it gives something to those who think like me.

With regard

• Agree 1