Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

#WishlistWednesday 15/07/2015

It's been a few weeks since we last did this (sorry).

This week we'd like to get back on to the topic of new features (as in something we haven't thought of yet)

So close your eyes, make a wish and let us know what's the most important feature you'd like to see us add to DiRT Rally. 

Be sure to like/awesome any other ideas you really like too.

I was about to make a different thread about this but maybe it's better to post it here :)

Spectator mode for multiplayer rally
  • Here's how it would work:
  1. You would see an option in the server/lobby list (depending on how the multiplayer will be) to join the session as spectator
  2. Before you enter the session, you would get a map of the stage where you can see every spectator area of the stage (where all the virtual spectators are)
  3. You would be able to select one of those spectator areas which you think is a good place to watch
  4. After loading is complete and you're positioned in the area you selected, you could move the camera with your mouse (free-look)
  5. There would be a HUD which would show the starting order of the cars
This would be a really exciting feature which nobody has done yet :) So it would be special and realistic because first time ever people would be able to watch rally virtually, but basically in same way as in real life. Also maybe there could be some voice chat implemented into game so you could speak with other spectators while watching rally :)

Well, for me, personally, I would prefer a more evolved replay system, with more available camera angles and a photomode perhaps (no need for extra filters or post-processing, just a free camera that we can move around when the replay is paused). For other smaller improvements, I have threads on the suggestions forums about mudflaps and that automated engine rev before the start of the stage you might want to look at.

EDIT: Just noticed the suggestion from the user below, saving replays has been something I've been wanting in a Codemasters game for a while.

I would like to be able to save replays to my hardrive. Not everyone has a capture card.

Another thing I would like is to be able to make teams online. 

I'd love the option to create your own driver. 

I'm not necessarily asking for an in-depth career mode, but just the ability to have my own driver, with my own name and a created co-driver on my car bodywork or glass, without having to request a livery off somebody, or create one myself. 

Dynamic and evolving stage surface

Conditions of the stage would evolve depending on number of cars that have driven over it and on weather conditions    for example ruts would develop quickly on a wet gravel road when 30 cars drove over it,  cleaning would slightly improve grip for cars further down the order

I'd love a random stage generator, for online.

The people I race with all love the thrill of doing blind runs, when a new user-created stage releases for one of the other games we play.
There's something masochistically appealing about that balancing act of speed vs. safety, while approaching the unknown at break-neck speed.

Copilot mode for multiplayer (basically have one player driving the car, the other telling him where to go).

And, as a reminder, we need to have the goddamn Celicas (I add a S because I want both the ST185 and the RWD group B model, the TCT, chassis number TA64).

Seriously Codemasters, at this point :

Clutch + H shifter overhaul 

• Clutch + H shift is still not working - (drops gears, to narrow clutch windows for gear engagement, reset to neutral on miss shift)
  • It would be nice to be able to use the clutch even with sequential gears  

• Adjustable FOV input (in degrees)
  • Adjustable seat/eyes position (up/down/forward/backwards)
  • Proper Analogue Handbrake support (not just on/off at 75% of the axis travel)

1) Fix/improve behavior when gas pedal is not pressed. Engine braking is too tough.
(...this is in other thread already :D )

2) Finnish the game. But true finnish, not a Project CARS finnish xD

Tire simulation involving choosing the correct combo for the current and future conditions, with reduced grip, poor handling, and increased wear for those that get the pick incorrect.

RacerRune said:
Clutch + H shifter overhaul 

• Clutch + H shift is still not working - (drops gears, to narrow clutch windows for gear engagement, reset to neutral on miss shift)
  • It would be nice to be able to use the clutch even with sequential gears  
Fanatec Clutch pedal still not working or registering at all. Would love to see this fixed. Any other ideas I have posted in the suggestion forums, changing tire types before races, more manual control for headlights (lows and brights), ignition switch instead of automatic, wiper control (sometimes these automatically turn on for no apparent reason)
Other than that, I would like to see more stage conditions, have a few time of day settings (morning, noon, sunset, night) each with clear, cloudy and rain. I would also like to see an improvement to car shaders, not a big deal, but why can't dirty cars look pretty? The stages look FANTASTIC, but the cars are a little under polished (or too polished, they're a bit mirror like)

Hello!!  Happy 17th Anniversary!!!

Well to begin I`d prefer if possible to solve these actual issues:

False Game Start, Steam reinstalling 1 % then message Servers busy error 41, had to make a Game Verification Cache and after it works again. Happens very frequently.

Friends Leader board not showing user time set, it only shows last attempt. Cannot compare with friends and see how much you improve against friends and last attempt.  
Split leaderboards per car and weather conditions. This is for me the most important feature.

Option for TV Replay and heli cam Only and possibility to save replays in hard disk.

After Finland and Sweden Stages, maybe next year as downloads, paid or not. Make some other Countries Rallies like Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Japan. It would be nice to see you can support and add more paid downloads features in a long term, instead of having a Dirt Game each year.  You have an awesome base game till now so if business allow you can develop for more time.

For Mods, pls allow at least liveries Mod.

Would be nice also some other legend Old Cars like Toyota Celica and any Mitsubishi Lancer.

Thanks and Regards

I would love to see all the new R5 cars in Dirt Rally! Also Im waiting for the Finland expansion!

Customizable driver: to be able to choose from the ten male and female driver faces in the characters/textures directory. Player's first initial and last name on the side of the car, and flag on the side and roof scoop. Female co-driver option.

please for the love of jesus christ and the almighty make the global positions and times work on leaderboards.

1. Ability to drive any car on any track. For example drive standard rally car on Pikes Peak or drive trailblazer on every rally stage. At least in custom race.
2. Show stage plan while choosing stage in custom race.
3. Choose and hire co-pilot with different voice pitches would be also nice. Maybe also male and female voices.
Thanks.

We need a way to crack that bdl file and mod the engine sound ASAP..............................................................  :'(