Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[PS4] F1 2015 Bugs and Issues

Please use this post to post issue and bugs specific to the PlayStation 4 version of the game. Please try and be as specific as possible with your problems, with images/video is applicable.

Please read the previous replies before commenting so we don't end up with duplicate answers.

Please do not use this thread for gameplay discussion or suggestions. This thread is for bugs and issues only. 

How to Report a Bug

To report a bug we’re asking that you copy and paste the Report Form (below) into this thread.

Please be sure to give it a clear and descriptive answer.

Bug Report Form

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Summary / Description of the Issue.
(A brief explanation/summary of the problem you encountered)

Game Mode.

(Identify the game mode(s).  Is it only on a specific game mode or all of them?)     

The Steps to Reproduce The Issue.
(e.g. Game Mode > Track > Team / Driver > Camera view > Lap)

What were you doing specifically when the issue occurred?
(How and where did it happen?  Are there any specific steps followed when the issue occurred?)

What is the Frequency of the issue?

(Has it been seen only once or is it reproducible?)

Your recent history of races.
(Team / Driver, Track, Conditions)

How long was your current session?
(How long had you been playing for roughly?)

What controller / wheel were you using?

(Give the Manufacturer and Model of the controller used)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Online / Multiplayer (only applicable if the problem occurred during online play) identify the following:

What is your internet connection speed? – http://www.speedtest.net/

Which internet service provider are you with?

Do you have a wired or wireless connection?

How many people do you estimate were in the session?

Did you note any AI in the race?

Did anyone leave or join the race?

Did the host migrate during the race?

Can't join a online race. Only Beginner Race works. Standard and Hardcore only error. Waiting too much for a race.

- brake saturation setting don't work with a fanatec clubsport and v2 pedals, it's like there's a lot of deadzone when i brake.

- online : very difficult to join a lobby , and when it works got bad positions of the other cars on the map.

- champ mode : screen freeze half a second  , 1 or 2 time in a 25% race

4 hours joining a lobby get in them lobby crashes. second gear coming out of pits. no fuel status.cars going invisible

my friend who doesnt use these forums told me that once again, the change over point for inters/wets/dry tyres is wrong AGAIN!
AI change to slicks when the rain hasn't gone yet, and when it starts to rain from the dry, the AI put on inters way too late. Have CM ever watched a real F1 race in mixed conditions?

Bugs I have Came Across:
AI cars when trying a cross over will hit me on the rear and spin me , the AI car will continue to accelerate with me sideways across the front of it.
Possible a bug or a masterpiece in pit strategy is in 2014 its Mercedes , in 2015 its Williams , if i put and both of there cars are behind me 1-2 , they both pit at the same time and block my exit from my box , it ruined one Ais race in order to jump me in the pits (common).
Monaco there has been instances of car pile ups on a corner , NO SAFETY CAR comes out and the race sits in a standstill.
If I use a flashback and an AI is unlucky to be in the pits it will spawn the AI on the main straight at 0mph , makes for a very interesting retirement WHICH I get penalized for!
Coming out of the pits my gears jam in 2, I used to have pit assist on and it would ruin my engine driving the whole way of the pit exit red lining gear 2 until I hit the safety car line, now that I use pit assist off i still cant get out of second gear until I hit the safety car line, costs me ridiculous amounts of time, RANDOM TRACKS.
Reloading mid session save leaves the audio for the cars jittery , like on and off constantly and i have to close the application and reload it a couple of times for it to stop.
In multiplayer private match , the assists setting have a mind of there own , the only assists I run is half traction control and auto gears, me and some friends noticed some inconsistency in the settings as some of us brake assist was turned on and corner suggested line was on , but in our settings that is turned off , one of them had traction control turned on , started the race and spun about like mad cause it was turned off from the looks of it.
In private multiplayer lobby selecting the equal car performance option does not work, a friend is madly in love with driving a Marussia and beating us in our big teams, he was shocked when we lapped him and the two that picked Mercedes were untouchable it definitely doesn't work, fix please.
Cars driving with invisible wheels is hilarious to see , you can only imagine the tekkers those AI have driving on the rims, trivial but needs fixed.
In replay mode 4 tyres in a perfect shape of the position on the car randomly appear somewhere on track and in every pit box, wired one.

I can't believe you (codemasters)  had the cheek to release this game in this condition, ALLLLL these problems couldn't be fixed by 5/6GB of patches. I've owned every f1 game from 2011 on ps3/4 xbox 360/one and 2015 in my opinion is the biggest flop. Graphics/poor (no real improvement on what ps3 could offer), Multiplayer/embarrassing, Game features & modes/basically  non existent. The only 9/10 for this game is disappointment.   Now that developers know they can update games over the Internet, instead of them searching for & ironing out problems We pay them for a far from finished game and then work for free as beta testers. I think loyal f1 franchise customers deserve far more than cm eventually (?) just fixing the bugs they need to either refund a % of the game or offer them something in a way of an apology... the game is really that bad. It'll be easier to say what's right with the game than what's wrong (nothing has blown me away in this game, unlike project cars). If cm ain't up to the job anymore beanie, (F1®) should offer the no doubt very lucrative contract to Slightly Mad Studios. 
Searching for HOPPER session..... oh please.

Stevie777 said:
I have T100 wheel on PS4.
The ffb through the wheel is inverted. With that I mean that instead off pulling the wheel to the center when taking a corner,  the ffb pulls the wheel in the opposite direction, into the corner . For now the game is undriveable with the wheel at the moment.

Screen freeze on single player and multiplayer and by multiplayer i mean custom lobby as multiplayer is completely broken
Infact custom lobby to race against a friend only to be not be racing him at all his name is on my screen and mine on his but when never in the same race its like there is two different races going on because we can not even see each other on track after the race start 
Anyone in the pit lane when a rewind is done will spawn on the grid and not move off again 
The ai will ram you off the track if your in a slower car. 
the ai will never suffer from damage.
I am faster in practice than in qualifying by 2 seconds on the same tyres with the same set-up and in practice i was on normal fuel mix and qualli was on rich but all ai times was faster .
Pit lane limiter on even with manual gears and pit assist off.
Tyre wear is inconstant 
black flagged after re-setting car to track two different ocations with no cars on the track when i did it and have never used it since.

I don't know if this is specific to the Ps4. I read somewhere on the forum about the tail camera being of centre when using custom settings on the controller. Well I think the bug I have is related to this. Very often if I crash or flip through the camera angles the screen will jitter but only with trail cam and more important the cockpit cam even if I return to the garage. Oddly if I restart the race it is fine on the starting line when the pit crew is around but as soon as I press x to start the crew disappear and the jitter starts. Shutting the game down and restarting will fix the jitter at least until I crash again. Hope that makes sense.    

dj7even said:
I can't believe you (codemasters)  had the cheek to release this game in this condition, ALLLLL these problems couldn't be fixed by 5/6GB of patches. I've owned every f1 game from 2011 on ps3/4 xbox 360/one and 2015 in my opinion is the biggest flop. Graphics/poor (no real improvement on what ps3 could offer), Multiplayer/embarrassing, Game features & modes/basically  non existent. The only 9/10 for this game is disappointment.   Now that developers know they can update games over the Internet, instead of them searching for & ironing out problems We pay them for a far from finished game and then work for free as beta testers. I think loyal f1 franchise customers deserve far more than cm eventually (?) just fixing the bugs they need to either refund a % of the game or offer them something in a way of an apology... the game is really that bad. It'll be easier to say what's right with the game than what's wrong (nothing has blown me away in this game, unlike project cars). If cm ain't up to the job anymore beanie, (F1®) should offer the no doubt very lucrative contract to Slightly Mad Studios. 
lol, SMS would make an even bigger mess and then when you complain to them about it the head of the studio will come on and belittle you and tell you to "fuck off" and then ban you for not kissing his arse.

Practice session 1 and 2 not there in championship mode after first patch. In pro mode all assists are on. This one is confusing but on some tracks the AI are too fast in sector 3. Can't think of anything else. It's good game otherwise.

Sector 3 bug is caused by the ai been able to get to there top speed quicker than the player. This is also made worse if the player is in rich mix as its the slowest mix due to a bug. The ais speeds in sectors with straights needs better balancing though, Im on the dot in all other sectors at most tracks.

dj7even said:
You are right, but everyone now had the opportunity to tell CM what they think of the game. Now that this is clear lets all start to give them the needed feedback. Otherwise keep your comments to your self. You made your point, like lots of others, but this section is not the right place.

Most of you may already reported some of the bugs and things that should be changed but here it goes my opinion on the general stuff: 

-In some tracks, there are a bit of lag (not always) in some corners or parts of tracks.. I think this is fps drop, maybe, I don't really know. All I know is that the image slows down a lot and it's quite annoying.
-When coming off the pitlane, sometimes the gear drops to 2nd gear and it gets stuck until you pass the white line.
-This one is not quite a bug but it's very annoying..Until now I've only played ProSeason mode and passing from one session to another, the setup returns to default and I forgot how it was so I have to redo the setup and I lose a lot of time of the session with that. So, I will be very pleased if you fix this thing.
-During my ProSeason, in some sessions, pretty much all the AI keeps getting out of the pits with at least one puncture and sometimes 2 in the same side... They keep on getting off the pits like this during almost the whole session and they finally stop that at least 10 or 15 minutes before the session ends.
-One of the first times that I played the game, I played in Monaco and somewhere in the middle of the race there was a huge pile up of cars and I had to stop for about 30 seconds. I think red flags are really important now that the AI is so much better.
-Also I think you should include a patch with the safety car. It would be so realistic with these AI, I guess.
-Backmarkers sometimes still park the car on the middle of the corner right in the apex and this is so frustrating. I had a massive crash because of that in my first Proseason race and I didn't like that, you should try and fix this... Maybe this could be in next years game (I don't really know how difficult it is to change the AI with just a patch.
-There was one time that I did the "mid-session save" thing and when I got back all the cars from the grid were in Intermediate types.
-When starting a race, I think it is impossible to out run the AI.. I've only managed to maintain my place once and it was quite difficult to do that..
-Again, lots of people already talked about the OP speed of the Ai in the straight, it's such an abismal difference between me and AI. Even the slowest cars like the renault powered cars.

I don't remember anything else but I want to say that the physics are absolutely amazing! The graphics so beautiful and it's such a pity that the game has so much bugs.. I believe when you manage to fix it all it will be the best racing game ever. Hope this helps and good luck guys. ;)

P.S.: I haven't played online yet so I can't give any feedback on that.

PS4- online multiplayer. Happened on 3 occasions now, leader seems to jump around 20seconds clear of 2nd having just been passed, I've experienced it not as leader and as 2nd. Also my screen froze and system crashed around a lap after this happened with me taking lead.

Searching for hopper session takes far too long and often there's a 'failed to join session message' once I've joined one.

After playing it more past couple days I've noticed AI don't have consistency. They go too slow in couple corners then too fast in other corners that happens in Spain but I'm sure it's on other tracks to 

(ps4) Playing with standard ps4 controller, during multiplayer races car is going max 280-300 km/h on straights (when acceleration is binded to R2 - which is standard)

Remapping acceleration to any other button solves problem and car runs up to 330-340 km/h

Problem is not in the gamepad, because in Time Trials speed is fine.

Any ideas?

Playing with a friend next to each other, thus 2 ps4 with each a screen and a wheel:
during multiplayer (private session) on brazil 5 laps no qualifying:
on my screen: he drives in front of me
on his screen: I drive in front of him
Very very strange. Are we replayed by AIs and each others screens? I dont know. We drive in front, but we end 2nd and 3th place. 

In mutiplayer
  • Ai slows down in corners some more then expected.
  • Get hit by AI when going into corner very hard sometimes
  • AI cars show lag in terms of correcting there possitions to new host info

I hope you guys fix the online issues ASAP ... Frustration for us league drivers & admins is growing by the hour. Some of us actually boxed back the game until online issues especially the de-sync problem gets fixed
The issues happening with us online on PS4 that I and my friends experienced:
1. Custom lobby gets de-synced. You race ghosts instead of drivers
2. Cars without rubber on wheels
3. T500 F1 steering wheel looses speed. I have to unplug it then plug it back while game is on to regain speed, I am talking 2-3 seconds worth of speed

PS4 system
When you reduce the McLaren cams shifter turn red, as are the brakes. (in cabine cam)
Pit lane traffic lights are always red. When the round of training sessions, sorting or race starts, they should not turn green and in the case of cars coming from the green / blue track?
If you enter box with a flat tire, why you get inside without change will put heaters?
If you enter box with damage to the front wing, why not , the mechanical changing it (in practice and qualifying only) are

engineer voice:
-volume to low, have to max it and minimize all other sounds as much as possible to hear engineer
-i have no success with the engineer interpreting my commands succesfully yet. how robust is this? what is recommended mic?

camera:
cannot find a way to set camera position in advance. 
have to switch to desired cam during start of race  causing problems with the start