Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[PS4] F1 2015 Bugs and Issues

Rene1234 said:
engineer voice:
-volume to low, have to max it and minimize all other sounds as much as possible to hear engineer
-i have no success with the engineer interpreting my commands succesfully yet. how robust is this? what is recommended mic?

i use the speaker of the gamepad for enginer voice and it's fine, for the mic the little one provided with the ps4 works good.

Engine sounds on players car is too low, when racing in among the pack the ai engine sounds drown out the sound of your car. 

ONLINE-MULTIPLAYER 

Since purchasing the game I have been unable to race online. I wait long periods to join and when a session is eventually found, an error message always appears. Furthermore I was informed by Codemasters it was my PlayStation settings.

The single player is great and I love it. The multiplayer is boned. It keeps migrating my friends to separate races, the AI drivers haven't a clue where we are, they vibrate their way round the corners, rubber banding back and forth, sometimes they'll drive straight through me, other times just take me out on a straight. The race results screen is regularly wrong, I'll finish 2nd, and the results will have me down as 18th. The other night Massa put in a 32 second lap round Brazil. Meanwhile I was getting a penalty for overtaking Alonso, who had already retired. Is all this down to server issues, or is the code actually arsed? My biggest problem with you Codemasters, is your silence on the matter.

On the PS4 I've observed the following.

- Frame rate freeze which occurs in both single and multiplayer randomly. 
The game freezes momentarily before fast forwarding and sending you flying off the circuit.

- Low Power after 1 lap on Rich Mix
The PC guys have described this as an overheating engine which saps the power which makes mix three not very useful.

- Car Setup glitches
You cannot put any less than 10Kg of fuel in the car as it keeps resetting every time you change the value to a lower setting in qualifying. In between sessions your cars front wing gets reset to 6.

- Corner cutting
Cutting corners doesn't invalidate your lap time in qualifying, it just warns you. There really should be an option to have the time trial level of severity for cutting corners in multiplayer modes.

- The Pro Season Mode always has assists turned on.

- Multiplayer sometimes gives the host pole position as soon as the session begins, only for it to cancel the phantom time at the end of the session.

-When being lapped by a leading car the blue flags are triggered far too early, Often more than or the full length of the straight behind you. By the time the ai actually catch you you've received a penalty for ignoring blue flags. Experienced this at all tracks.

For gods sakes, get some beta testers....they're free...or at least release the game as a beta....

During qualy, sometimes ai never use options and dont get through when they could have. Player always starts on option tyres during practice, I know its solvable but its a pain. Setups resetting in between sessions too, hate that one.

Sure i've seen this mentioned on here before but just incase, Q1 load saved setup, now locked after leaving garage. Q2 setup reverts to default can't load saved setup.

VTiDOHC said:
On the PS4 I've observed the following.

- Frame rate freeze which occurs in both single and multiplayer randomly. 
The game freezes momentarily before fast forwarding and sending you flying off the circuit.

- Low Power after 1 lap on Rich Mix
The PC guys have described this as an overheating engine which saps the power which makes mix three not very useful.

- Car Setup glitches
You cannot put any less than 10Kg of fuel in the car as it keeps resetting every time you change the value to a lower setting in qualifying. In between sessions your cars front wing gets reset to 6.

- Corner cutting
Cutting corners doesn't invalidate your lap time in qualifying, it just warns you. There really should be an option to have the time trial level of severity for cutting corners in multiplayer modes.

-When being lapped by a leading car the blue flags are triggered far too early, Often more than or the full length of the straight behind you. By the time the ai actually catch you you've received a penalty for ignoring blue flags. Experienced this at all tracks...
I'd like to echo that I am experiencing all the above issues...also hoping to receive the info pane that I believe is already in the works.

Also: 
-Sauber's wheel is not updated for the 2014/15 season

caslad81 said:
Drs enabled during qualy in the wet.
in real life, DRS can be enabled in light rain. If full wet tyres are used, DRS is 100% disabled. @LiteralZero can you check this bug and make sure DRS isnt available in rain or heavy rain?

Split sector times are always wrong if it even shows you them. I can be faster and still set red sectors.

kenuf said:
Searching for hopper session takes far too long and often there's a 'failed to join session message' once I've joined one.

40minutes roughly I've been trying to get a Calendar Greats multiplayer...6 times I've got the 'Failed to join session'. Fed up with it.

PS4 - circuit Hungary, arriving at the chicane, the image slows down and after passing the chicane before the next turn, accelerates. Championship mode.

Thanks for all your feedback in here folks, if your issue is not already posted (Please check this, it saves time) then please post it in this thread. 

We are working as hard as we can to get these issues resolved ASAP. Thanks for your patience. 

The following 3 posts are my PS4 feedback which has got spread around.

I didn't realise there was a specific PS4 thread.

Sorry for repeat info but here goes....

Bugs.

Game freezing/frame rate drop for 1 sec.  Car jumps along to where it should have been (not fast forward, glitches forward)

Screen tearing.

Missing on screen data that exists on PC.

PIT Engineer sound too low.

Updates required.

To allow more flexibility in career.  1 Shot qualifying is ridiculous.

Tethers for wheels.

Improved FFB.

Previous results screen on career so you can review your results over the season

Weather forecast for the weekend.

KevRusski said:

PS4

Bugs.

Game freezing/frame rate drop for 1 sec.  Car jumps along to where it should have been (not fast forward, glitches forward)

Screen tearing.

Updates required.

Tethers for wheels.

Improved FFB.

Previous results screen on career so you can review your results over the season

Thanks for this, but some of these issues have already been posted. Please check before posting duplicates. Also, this is not a thread for feature or gameplay requests. This is for bugs only. 

PS4 freezing/frame drop which happens for about half a second every now and again in every race. By this time you are off the track or have crashed. This happens with any cam.

Screen tearing can occur too, and too often, especially on Monaco.

Apparently console users are missing some technical on screen info that PC users have. Fixing these issues would be good.

Online is a mess see next post

Is online (Ps4) being worked on mate.

I`ve just joined a league and we have already had to abandon it. Its just unplayable with cars being totally lagged/out of position by 20seconds.  Nobody is racing anyone cos in reality they are 10seconds further down the lap.

You think you finish second then next thing you pop up 6th on the final standings. Its just all over the place.

Also all my driving settings defaulted back to brake assist, TC and pit assist all being ON despite the menu clearly saying they were OFF.  I had to go back in whilst racing online to switch them back and forth and come back out for them to function as they read. ie. All off

Thanks

When disabling the on screen hud via the options  but want to keep the map on you have a big lap counter in the corner which is annoying. This happens on both PS4 and Xbox one.

When can we expect a patch be released? A rough estimate would be fine since our league might be postponed if no feedback from you guys. We are supposed to kick off August 16. You have 4 weeks to issue a fix for online issues the least. Cosmetics are fine for us but online drivability is priority to have a smooth and exciting league especially we are "pros with wheels only league" .. Pad drivers can have fun arcade in other leagues Www.gp1c.com Thanks

KevRusski said:

PS4

Bugs.

Screen tearing.

Updates required.

Tethers for wheels.

Improved FFB.

Thanks for this, but some of these issues have already been posted. Please check before posting duplicates. Also, this is not a thread for feature or gameplay requests. This is for bugs only. 
most of them are bugs, freezing, online unplayable, bodged settings screen tearing, missing on screen data etc.
youve said plenty of times report the issues, you cant gauge bugs from one posters comments, its about severity, surely. numbers of people reporting them.
ive gone out of my way to help. quite frankly, im dissapointed with your response.

please ensure all these bugs are reported back.

KevRusski said:
KevRusski said:

PS4

Bugs.

Screen tearing.

Updates required.

Tethers for wheels.

Improved FFB.

most of them are bugs, freezing, online unplayable, bodged settings screen tearing, missing on screen data etc.
youve said plenty of times report the issues, you cant gauge bugs from one posters comments, its about severity, surely. numbers of people reporting them.
ive gone out of my way to help. quite frankly, im dissapointed with your response.

please ensure all these bugs are reported back.
Dude, his response was fine. You are the one in the wrong. 

1.) Every bug you posted has already been noted and addressed by
@LiteralZero 

2.) The 2nd half of your post is not bug reports, its a wishlist. 

You didn't go out of your way to help, you came on hear to fuss. I understand your frustration (I am frustrated too) but don't lash out at the one guy who can help us salvage the game. Take a lap, mate. 

yes i did come onto help, I posted 3 times, yes the second half of my first post was regarding updates not bugs but the rest were valid. 
Lets stick to topic, I apologise if he or anyone else thinks I am out of order. I`ve stuck up for the guy in the past but 
I have re-posted all the bugs cos theres a sea of shit out there and nobody seems to acknowledge it.
Codemasters should be acknowledging some of this stuff. not leaving it up to one guy to pass it on.

I didn't realise it was a no-repeat thread, I thought the more comments on the same problems would provide confirmation. Thought that would be the point. Sorry for that!

I think I will bow out of this community now, sit back and await the flood of  patches that will be fast on there way, my jobs done.

Heres me apologising and Codemasters?