Jump to content Jump to content

[PS4] F1 2015 Bugs and Issues

LiteralZero

Hi. Long time player of Codemasters F1 series here. I rarely post on these forums but I want to share the major bugs I'm experiencing. They are in the format you requested. I've also ranked them by severity, based on my assessment.

Summary: AI teammates pit on same lap
Game mode: Quick race / Championship
Steps to reproduce: AI teammates regularly pit on same lap (only applies to certain teams like Mercedes and Ferrari, other teams like Williams correctly pit their teammates on different laps)
Frequency: Reproducible
Player: Any driver, any car, any track
Controller: Standard PS4 controller

Summary: Fastest lap not displayed during race
Game mode: Any (post early August patch)
Steps to reproduce: In any race, when a new driver sets a fastest lap the notification does not appear on screen

Summary: Gap to car behind in races does not display if more than about 5 seconds (as OSD disappears)
Game mode: Quick race / championship
Steps to reproduce: Pull out a lead of more than about five seconds over the car behind

Summary: OSD shows fastest lap time as 0:00.000 in practice sessions
Game mode: Championship
Steps to reproduce: In free practice, often the fastest time appears as 0:00.000
Frequency: Reproducible, happens in most practice sessions, but not immediately

Summary: Pit window shows incorrect lap to stop when using alternate strategy
Game mode: All
Steps to reproduce: Prior to starting a race, switch to an alternative strategy (e.g. starting on primes). This should push back the first pit stop by a few laps. But in race mode the info window will display the standard strategy (e.g. as if starting on options).

Summary: Canada DRS detection point not working correctly
Game mode: Race
Steps to reproduce: In Canada, sometimes the car ahead at the detection point gets DRS. It appears the position of the detection point in the game’s code is different to how it appears on the graphics

Summary: Player times appear in purple on live timing screen
Game mode: Free practice / qualifying
Steps to reproduce: Go to the live timing screen, player times show in purple, but I assume it is the fastest sector times that are meant to be purple

Summary: Lap times in purple on timing screen are very difficult to read
Game mode: Free practice or qualifying
Steps to reproduce: Go to the live timing screen

Summary: Race engineer fuel advice often incorrect
Game mode: Race
Steps to reproduce: Run in ‘Rich’ mix with +2 laps on the fuel delta. Race engineer will often say driver needs to go back to ‘Standard’ revs to avoid running out of fuel, but really this should wait until the delta is ‘Optimal’

Summary: Player incorrectly shown as ‘Meeting Objective’ in championship season mode
Game mode: Championship
Steps to reproduce: Select Jenson Button in championship mode. Objective is to finish 11th. If current position in standings is 12th it says ‘Meeting Objective’.

@TomEC3 Thank you for the feedback

Summary: Gap to car behind in races does not display if more than about 5 seconds (as OSD disappears)

Fixes currently being tested internally

Should be fixed in patch 1.03

We are currently looking into this issue, if people find more information on this please let me know

Summary: Player incorrectly shown as ‘Meeting Objective’ in championship season mode

Have passed on to the dev team

We are aware of this, it can occur for a multitude of reasons, some of which could happen in real life. But we agree it is happening way too often.

We are currently looking into this issue, if people find more information on this please let me know

We are aware of this, it can occur for a multitude of reasons, some of which could happen in real life. But we agree it is happening way too often.

Thanks for responding to each one individually @justbiglee , appreciate it.

The AI pitting on same lap is a big issue. I am in round 14 of Championship Mode and the two Mercedes drivers have pitted on same lap in every race (I watch them back via replay).

Agree it sometimes happens in real life, but should not occur if gap between teammates is less than 10 seconds, unless one has a puncture.
Hi. Like TomEC3 I want to post my Problem here in the right format.

Summary: The Braking Pedal is working not right/Standing Tyres
Game Mode: Any
Steps to Reproduce: Dont know, try to drive a few laps with an Logitech G29
Player: Any Driver, any Car, any Track
Controller: Logitech G29

I really dont know if I am doing something wrong, i tried to set other Seetings, but I couldnt go one Lap without a standing Tyre while I am Braking.
Sry for my English.
With the new wheel Logitech G29 is impossible to use brake pedal because it works like a key pad.So just push the pedal and brakes to the maximum.Any setup of the setting menu don't work.Obviously my wheel is fully functional,tested with more games(but not for PS4).

Post 2nd PS4 patch... Commentary bug.
Hamilton and Mercedes are described as topping the time sheets in every session even though other drivers and teams beat them. How did this screw up? I don't recall any commentary bugs prior to this patch. Minor bug, but nonetheless annoying.

EDIT: I've also noticed that the commentary often proclaims Red Bull topped the time sheets when they clearly did not. So far I've heard both Mercedes (Hamilton in particular) and Red Bull as the incorrect session leaders... again... wow.

Cheers!

after patch 1.03 
  • Added a new “invite only” custom match option
useless , we need a custom public lobby
  • Fixed players acquiring another player’s points when joining a session mid-season
sorry but the problem still remain , when i join a lobby i take the points of a previous player, 
and when a new player join he take my points. but it's not happen all the time.

• Updated the hopper system to use an alternative search method where players will join an active session. Joining sessions should now be much quicker. If no free sessions are available in that hopper then the user will create a new session
it works only fot sprint races beginners , standard and the first 25% race hopper, the other 25% wheel on wheel and expert 50% are not fixed.

- In Single race the commentator give wrong positions of the car after a session, for example if the mercedes cars are in front after a practice session
the commentator say it was the redbull cars.
Snorky87 said:
With the new wheel Logitech G29 is impossible to use brake pedal because it works like a key pad.So just push the pedal and brakes to the maximum.Any setup of the setting menu don't work.Obviously my wheel is fully functional,tested with more games(but not for PS4).
It's an issue with the game ,the G29 works great with Project Cars and Driveclub.

@justbiglee , are you aware of this problem? It was already present before the latest patch

Summary / Description of the Issue.
Raindrops are not visible/present in dynamic sessions ( PS4 )
Even if the session starts out dry, the track just becomes wet, I hear the sound of heavy rain fall and have to switch to the full wet tyres, not a single drop of rain was falling from the sky. This makes it impossible to know if it is still raining or if the track is getting dry because it stopped.. Raindrops on top of the cars are visible, just not in the sky,
Game Mode 
Championship Season 
The Steps to Reproduce The Issue.
Championship season - wait until it starts to rain..
What is the Frequency of the issue?
It has happened in every single session or race where it was supposed to ''rain'' I am now in my second season, have had about 10 sessions of rain in total and every single one of those sessions had this problem.
Your recent history of races.
Max Verstappen, Malaysia, Dynamic weather)
How long was your current session?
1/2 hours
What controller / wheel were you using?
PS4 dualshock 4

Please, PS4 urgently needs the game freezing then runs at fast speed bug fixing, it wrecks your race, it does it every race.
automa said:

Please, PS4 urgently needs the game freezing then runs at fast speed bug fixing, it wrecks your race, it does it every race.
Thing is, most people don't experience it. I have reached Brazil on championship mode (50% race) and it's never occurred for me (although I've seen your video and clearly a real issue for you).

I wonder if it's related to your specific hardware config. I'm using the recently released 1216A console and standard HDD - how about you?

Hi All,

@Worntoathread @Sadler @WEbtel1992

We are aware of these and looking into them. Thanks.

@automa & everyone

Just like @TOMEC3 has said above, this issue seems to only happen on specific set ups. If people are experiencing this freeze issue please give us as much information as possible about the set up you are using. What version of the game are you running (Europe, North American, Japanese etc), what else do you have hooked up to your PS4 (wheels, controllers, headsets etc), which PS4 model do you have (manufacture serial number tells you this).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_4_technical_specifications#cite_note-hdupgrade-41

Thanks.

Hi All,

@Worntoathread @Sadler @WEbtel1992

We are aware of these and looking into them. Thanks.

@automa & everyone

Just like @TOMEC3 has said above, this issue seems to only happen on specific set ups. If people are experiencing this freeze issue please give us as much information as possible about the set up you are using. What version of the game are you running (Europe, North American, Japanese etc), what else do you have hooked up to your PS4 (wheels, controllers, headsets etc), which PS4 model do you have (manufacture serial number tells you this).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_4_technical_specifications#cite_note-hdupgrade-41

Thanks.

Hi, bought my PS4 from game in the uk, the only things i have hooked up are, T300 wheel with F1 rim and my pioneer THX home cinema reciever. The game was pre ordered and bought from Amazon UK, i have customized my buttons on the F1 rim could this be causing the prob. Loving the game so addictive.

Archived