Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×
FORUM MAINTENANCE | 11/05/2021 AM Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[Xbox One] F1 2015 Bugs and Issues

I was playing Championship mode for Valtteri Bottas,when I started Practice in Spain game loaded me as Lewis Hamilton...Codemasters pls solve this bug!

Summary / Description of the Issue.

1.Exiting Pit lanes blowing engine - Stuck in 2nd Gear.  Immediately after I gain control of the vehicle, I am told that the engine has serious damage....  

2. Tyres are invisible.....  

3. Can't hear my engineer when using stereo speakers.  Only if I wear my headset and turn all other sounds to small amounts.

4. Thrustmaster TX RW - I calibrate, establish a good feel, and then when going from session to session, my wheel magically sets to a different angle of rotation... I have to leave the session, re calibrate, enter again.

Game Mode.

Career  

The Steps to Reproduce The Issue.
Turn on the game and play....  Not really sure how you missed some bugs in testing.  Seriously....

What were you doing specifically when the issue occurred?
Specifically: I was racing a F1 car on a track against AI in career mode.

What is the Frequency of the issue?

Issue #1 - Almost every track.

Issue #2 - Sporadic.  Last on Hungarian track after 2nd pit.

Issue #3 - All the time

Issue #4 - Noticed it today for the first time after 60+ hours.

Your recent history of races.
Ferrari - Seb V. 

How long was your current session?
Does it matter?  But to entertain you,  I am doing medium seasons. 50%

What controller / wheel were you using?

Thrustmaster TX RW with Italia 458 setup with v49 firmware on a 360 AOR

Bug Report Form

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Severe crashes for several drivers on entry into the pit lane of the Spanish track. They seem to get so far, then continue in a straight line through the wall before glitching out onto the track.

When it happened to Rosberg he glitched through the wall, spawned upside down, then respawned on the track and continued forwards slowly, however, the upside down instance of Rosberg did not despawn for several seconds.

Game Mode.

So far, only found on the Quick Race mode. 

(e.g. Game Mode > Track > Team / Driver > Camera view > Lap)

2015 Season Quick Race > Was Playing as Bottas > AI drivers involved mainly Rosberg, Hamilton, Sainz, Raikkonen and Vettel > Weather: Light Rain/Clear > racing in the TV mount camera > most incidents occurred in laps 7 and 8

What were you doing specifically when the issue occurred?What is the Frequency of the issue?

I had pitted on lap 7 and on lap 8 was able to see Rosberg attempt to pit on lap 8 with the incident described above occurring.

Seen it once but the incident repeated itself continuously as I was able to determine from the flag signals and the replay of the race, with several drivers crashing in similar ways. 

Championship season, Force India, Perez, Dynamic Weather.

My previous race was under intermittent light rain.

Around an hour.

The standard Xbox one controller, as packaged with the console.

We need brake saturation slider back!! My problem is very specifically about brake pedals with a shortened throw! I do not want to remove the conical mod on my trpa just to play f12015, I use my wheel for pcars and forza 5 and horizon. Is this being addressed I. The next patch

Firstly kudos to the codemasters forum owner for frequently responding and proactively requesting feedback.  This has the makings of the best f1 game ever it just needs the major bugs sorting, I don't know what happened with your testing process before release but let's forget that and get this game sorted.  I mainly play single player career mode and the main issues for me are:

pit engineer volume is way too low.  I've got a good 7.1 setup all calibrated correctly and the engineer is almost inaudible. 

Seem em to get stuck in 2nd gear coming out the pits sometimes

playing as Hamilton in career and Rosberg always pits on the same lap at the same time, causes delay in the pit lane

no safety car

tyre wear indicator doesn't work, doesn't show tyre temp or wear level

AI straight line speed is incredible......

when playing time trials and trying to view the leaderboards it just says loading most of the time and doesn't display times

would love the option to create my own driver and start as a rookie, work my way up the teams etc

i would like to finish by saying the graphics, presentation and handling physics of this game are amazing.  Please get these issues sorted and make this game awesome.

And forgot to mention maybe I'm missing an obvious setting or this is another bug I can't seem to damage my engine, I've put damage to realistic / full and can drive round in 1st gear bouncing off the limiter for 10 mins and nothing happens.  

Also tried to burst my engine this morning but it did not work.  :D

Where am I supposed to see the tyre wear? At the car in the lower right corner? For me it just shows a car and sometimes the car is red, whatever that should mean... Maybe because I am in a Ferrari  :D

No really having the status of all tyres visible like in project cars would be nice. 

By the way I agree that the game actually is nice! 

Bug Report Form

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Various issues.

AI teams stacking their cars in the pit lane

Sector times not always showing.

Mix 2 and Mix 3 are incorrect. Mix 2 is faster than Mix 3.

AI speed on the straights too great. All the AI cars had higher top speed at the end of the start / finish straight than me in the Mercedes (by about 10-15mph).

Flashback in the pit lane placed me back out at the end of the start\finish straight with a warning for crossing the pit exit line.

AI failed to pass me for over two thirds of a lap when I ran out of fuel  at the end of the race.

Game Mode.

Quick Race, 25%, Brazil, Clear, AI at Expert.

Just racing in general.

These were occurrences during the race.

The flashback problem occurs every time.
The fuel mix issue is always there.
AI speed on the straights is a constant.
AI stacking up in pits happened during the only time I pitted.
Missing sector times is an intermittent problem. Haven't been able to work out if anything happens to trigger it.

Brazil, Clear, 25%, Expert AI

The same problems happened over two separate races. and practice \ qualifying sessins

Thrustmaster Spider 458

I also tested the speeds in a practice session at the same track:-

So here are the results from my little test of the fuel mix (2 and 3) yesterday.

All were undertaken at the start of a practice session at Brazil with the session being restarted between each run to get the same conditions each time.

Wings 1/1 10kg fuel.
Mix 2. Speed at end of the start \ finish straight – 210mph Lap time 1:15.440
Mix 3. Speed at end of the start \ finish straight – 202mph Lap time 1:16.989

Wings 6/6 10kg fuel.
Mix 2. Speed at end of the start \ finish straight – 203mph Lap time 1:15.720
Mix 3. Speed at end of the start \ finish straight – 194mph Lap time 1:16.258

Wings 11/11 10kg fuel.
Mix 2. Speed at end of the start \ finish straight – 196mph Lap time 1:15.795
Mix 3. Speed at end of the start \ finish straight – 187mph Lap time 1:16.994

So from that it would appear that they have made a bit of a mess of the fuel mix’s. But another stranger anomaly I found is that the speed on the straight on the start lap was significantly higher than any other time.. see below:-

Wings 1/1 10kg fuel.
Mix 2. Start of lap speed – 210. After opening lap 210
Mix 3. Start of lap speed –
211. After opening lap 202

Wings 6/6 10kg fuel.
Mix 2. Start of lap speed –
211. After opening lap 203
203. After opening lap 194

Wings 11/11 10kg fuel.
Mix 2. Start of lap speed – 196. After opening lap 196
199. After opening lap 187

Four out of the six tests gave this greater speed result and all of the mix 3 tests did so. The speed difference seems to be about what you would expect with DRS so I don’t know whether there is something going on with that on that opening lap but I did check and it was not open for any of the tests.

right this is getting beyond the joke now im sick of the game screwing me online get the patcch released for us we have all paid £50 for the game just like ps4 and pc users its a absolute joke now nearly 3 weeks and still no update why do we have to wait and pc and ps4 users get it before us GET IT FIXED FOR GOD SAKE

I've been playing the game for a while on the Xbox one. I got up to Silverstone in the championship mode with Hulkenburg, I was leading the championship as well. I've gone away, not played it for a day or so, reloaded it and its put me as Hamilton a and I don't seem to be able to get back to Hulkenburg. Is there anything I can do as I really don't want to start the season again add I'm half way through. Please advise

Still in fear of this bug. I so far have not experienced it. Only thing I may do differently is that I used a custom control setup from the beginning. I almost don't want to load my career anymore considering how often I read about this bug here in this forum 

they really need to fix this game,  I have same issues with my season changing to Hamilton. Have even tried reinstalling it with no luck. 

is more people getting online with xbox one on f1 2015 more than ps4 its shocking

Major screen tearing issues on every track.
Are you on about the lines going across the screen, as in the picture breaking up? I was worried this was just me cos I could hardly see anyone mention it, I've only seen a alot of PC gamers mention there is a FPS (Frames Per Second) problem but nothing from anyone on Xbox One.

I tried a lot of things thinking this was me, I've tried 2 different TV's, 2 different Xbox's and 2 different HDMI leads worrying something was wrong. For me this an MAJOR ISSUE and should have been fixed on first patch, more important than anything else. How are you supposed to fudimentally enjoy the game when you get picture like that? Never mind the others issues, this needs to be fixed. Apart from the fact it's distracting from the driving, it isn't very easy on the eye and probably causes people headaches that's why it's so important to be fixed, it doesn't gve me headaches but to be honest it's not very nice. Unless a solution hasn't been found yet, but this should be priority, how the game was released with this problem and in this state I never know, the amount of bugs is absolutely ridiculous, the game was delayed by a month and now we have to wait what 2 months after the game was released to see all these bugs fixed, I'm not impressed.

Never mind my thoughts on the game itself, don't get me started, rant over.

-WcG iFredy29

Hello Codemasters, thank you for latest patch!)

Im on XBOX ONE
Yesterday i finally play some games and its much better but some bugs still exist.

1. We play with friends in multiplayer hopper "calendar greats track" and wheel to wheel.
After I confirm prime tires for qualification, than finished qualification, than in race I FORCED started on OPTION, not prime...and i try check can i switch, NO i forced start only on option (my friends also confirm this). From 6 races ONLY one time i can choose tires before race start (Belgium, japan, abudhabi i remember for sure we have this bug).

2. After each race if u going check results AI skill level ALWAYS show EASY, but it must be HARD coz i used standart hopper and info tells AI must be HARD.

3. I still wait safety car
4. Make engineer LOUDER
5. Add to hopper FULL GRID, not half.
6. FULL damage, not reduced
7. Full penalty

Thank you 

iFredy29 said:

Are you on about the lines going across the screen, as in the picture breaking up? I was worried this was just me cos I could hardly see anyone mention it, I've only seen a alot of PC gamers mention there is a FPS (Frames Per Second) problem but nothing from anyone on Xbox One.

I tried a lot of things thinking this was me, I've tried 2 different TV's, 2 different Xbox's and 2 different HDMI leads worrying something was wrong. For me this an MAJOR ISSUE and should have been fixed on first patch, more important than anything else. How are you supposed to fudimentally enjoy the game when you get picture like that? Never mind the others issues, this needs to be fixed. Apart from the fact it's distracting from the driving, it isn't very easy on the eye and probably causes people headaches that's why it's so important to be fixed, it doesn't gve me headaches but to be honest it's not very nice. Unless a solution hasn't been found yet, but this should be priority, how the game was released with this problem and in this state I never know, the amount of bugs is absolutely ridiculous, the game was delayed by a month and now we have to wait what 2 months after the game was released to see all these bugs fixed, I'm not impressed.

-WcG iFredy29
Exactly my issue, glad I found a fellow sufferer. Are you on Xbox? I'm guessing we are on our own as Codemasters really don't seem to care based on the amount of contact with the actual Devs round here,.

Xbox One. 100% race, Championship Season.

I have not seen anyone comment on this before so I will chuck in my 10 pence worth in the hope codemasters listens...

Hamilton and Hulkenburg always do Q1 on options in the dry, Hulkenberg I can understand but Hamilton? Do you not watch F1? The fastest cars always do Q1 on primes then generally if they do not achieve a top 10 position go again on options. All the midfield and backmarkers run options.

Q2 sometimes sees some of the fastest cars on primes, again this is just plain wrong. All cars run options in Q2 if dry as this is the fastsest tyre! Moreover if a car gets to Q3 on primes it then starts the race on options. Not possible under F1 rules. Top 10 start on the tyre they set their fastsest time on in Q2. The player can also flout this rule. It is shocking that you seem to know so little about F1.

AI cars in Qualifying don't find a gap for a clear flying lap. They often do 5 or more flying laps in quali when the fastest will be on lap 1 or 2 due tyre wear, and hence should do 2 laps at the most. In wet or mixed conditions this changes but the game in no way reflects what happens in F1 qualifyng.

Furthermore I have never seen Daniil Kvyat get into Q2, I think you'll find he does! Williams drivers go out late in Q2 and often miss Q3 because of traffic, this can also happen to Hamilton.

Please Fix!

capelli said:
I was playing xbox one career as Kimi Raikonnen and when I got to Monaco race it suddenly changed me to Lewis Hamilton. I had all of lewis' points and results and it was as if  I had been playing as him all along! Please fix as I have lost hours of progress!!! 
At last someone else that has raised the same or similar issue to me.
I had exactly the same problem. Raced 3 races as Button and then race 4 after loading it switched me to Hamilton. And raced one race as Massa and then it changed me to Hamilton for the next race, again after returning to the saved game..
Were you doing 25% race distance?

Codemasters please can you confirm this issue is logged and being fixed as its so bad that this bug made its way into the coding let alone through testing!
I was playing with vettel and running top the chart of season and suddenly when i reached Canada  it shows Me Hamilton  ,  all point that i r=earned as vellte have gone to vettle and I am left with second place  , 

Worst Is that I will have to drive as Hamilton  , I cant stand this guy  , I hate him 

I have a bug where both the Williams don't go out for qualifying untill the last 3 minutes. It happens in Championship Mode with Verstappen on Xbox One. I drive the 50% race lenght and the short qualifying (15 min). 

Both Williams drivers just go out form one timed lap when Q is almost over and it often happens that they get traffic en they both start at 17th and 18th.

I'm almost done with this season and it had happened every race so far! 

FRACTURED said:
iFredy29 said:

-WcG iFredy29
Exactly my issue, glad I found a fellow sufferer. Are you on Xbox? I'm guessing we are on our own as Codemasters really don't seem to care based on the amount of contact with the actual Devs round here,.

I'm also on the Xbox One but I rarely get this problem. I see it sligtly at Brazil as you go uphill towards the hairpin. Spain is the worst where it happens at a few places but nowhere else so far.

Hi all,

Just a note on the driver switching thing

We are looking into the issue in career mode where save games are incorrectly loading the player as Lewis Hamilton. This looks to be caused by changing profiles while in game. For now we recommend closing the game before switching profiles to help avoid this from happening. Apologies for the inconvenience and we will update you when we know more.   

Owner of the two most bitchin pair of shoes in the company yes to kick you in the ass and get the game sorted daylight robberyCommunity Manager

How hard is it to compile a list of the bugs in the OP????

Australian GP online 50% with Qualifying. Various drivers had fuel bug in qualifying where regardless what fuel was entered you had 67-69 laps fuel. League ruining bug if you're a good qualifier!!!

Game Mode.

Online Custom Race, 50%, Dynamic, Australia, Damage Reduced, All assists banned, No AI.

As above. Happened to roughly half the grid.

Joined a lobby from invite, ran some practice laps, started qualifying, noticed a few of us were inexplicably 3-4 seconds off our pace from practice, we had full fuel loads whilst other drivers had expected 10Kg of fuel.

Issue seemed to follow us through a few different hosts and lobbies as we tried to fix the issue. Unfortunately we couldn't get everyone running with normal fuel, so quite a few people left. So much for starting our league soon, eh?

Red Bull as Ricciardo, no fuel isssue. Team-mate in Kvat car had fuel issue. 2 time around I pick Kvat, I have the fuel issues. Team-mate picks Riccardo, no fuel issues. 3rd attempt we both pick Marussia's, both drivers have 67+ laps fuel.

Completed a practice, and qualifying, then we went back to get someone who dropped, another qualifying session and the fuel issues, started another and a 50% race. Probably like 3 hours total with all the faffing.

I was on the Xbox pad, Various guys were on TX wheels etc etc.

What is your internet connection speed? 

40+ Up, 15+Down, 30ish ping for me. Various for the others affected.

Which internet service provider are you with? 

Doesn't matter, various users with same issues. 

Do you have a wired or wireless connection? 

At the time of the issue, wired, but various different connection types in the lobby.

How many people do you estimate were in the session? 

From 12-14 to begin with

Did you note any AI in the race? 

No

Did anyone leave or join the race? 

Okay, you know your netcode sucks right? So yes, obviously there were disconnections and people joining.

Did the host migrate during the race? 

As above, sucky netcode meant host switched one time at least.

Hi all,

Just a note on the driver switching thing

We are looking into the issue in career mode where save games are incorrectly loading the player as Lewis Hamilton. This looks to be caused by changing profiles while in game. For now we recommend closing the game before switching profiles to help avoid this from happening. Apologies for the inconvenience and we will update you when we know more.   

This also happens online, after the race it will tell me I won championship and give some achievement or other. I only have one profile on the game, is this to do with the 2014/2015 selection screen at the start?