Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[PC] F1 2015 Bugs and Issues

I found a random suggestion from someone on the steam forums and it appears to have fixed my frame rate issues for the moment. I right clicked the F1 2015 exe, selected properties and UNCHECKED the run in compatibility mode with Windows 8 option. I have no idea why this was checked to begin with as I am running Windows 8. I have started the game twice now and run 2 benchmark tests. Both have capped my fps at 60 with vsync on. I have left my graphical settings on low for the moment as I don't want to rock the boat.

I will start a career mode now and hopefully this will be the end of this issue. I have no idea why unticking that windows 8 compatibility box SEEMS to have fixed this. If you don't hear from me again take it that it is fixed and I would encourage anyone with similar problems to at least try this. :)

Update: Turns out the reason for the massive performance issues was my CPU, which became way too hot while playing the game. It's been fixed and I can now play F1 2015 with (almost) Ultra details!

Every time I play F1 2015, I suffer from massive fps drops after a lap or two. I've browsed through this and other forums in search of a solution, but so far, nothing has helped. Graphics drivers are up to date, I have run tuning programs multiple times, tried setting the game's process priority to High in the Task Manager. I've changed graphics settings within the game to Ultra, to Low,  changed the resolution into every direction. Created a new save game. Whatever I did, it didn't make much of a difference.

As far as I can tell, I first encountered this problem after one of the most recent Codemasters' patches (not the November 12th one, I'm guessing the one before that). I do remember racing a 50% race in Championship mode with Vettel in Australia. No lags or FPS drops at all, High graphics settings (with a few minor changes).

My system seems to be powerful enough. My last benchmark today revealed an average of 53 fps, with a low of 42. I recorded a video of me trying to drive a Time Trial run in Canada with a Force India. As you can see, I didn't get too far. (I had already tried a Quick Race, encountering the issues after a lap or two (Australia 25%, Stevens), which is why you can see the massive lags from the beginning of the video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po1Y8cqoq6w&feature=youtu.be

If you've encountered this problem before, please let me know and point me into the right direction, because by now I don't know what else to do except re-installing Windows, which I'd love to avoid if possible.

Specs:

Windows 10 64 bits
AMD Phenom II x6 1055T (3.31 GHz)
8GB Ram (DDR3)
AMD VTX3D R9 280X 3GB GDDR5
500 GB HDD
Wheel: Saitek R440 FFB

Bug Report Form

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Summary / Description of the Issue.
After a few laps, I start to have massive fps drops/lags (as you can see in the video). The game becomes basically unplayable.

Game Mode.

Championship, Quick Race (2014 & 2015), Time Trial, Benchmark. Haven't tried Pro-Mode and Online yet, but I suspect it'll be the same.

The Steps to Reproduce The Issue.
Start racing in whatever mode you want...

What were you doing specifically when the issue occurred?
Driving. Afterwards I have lags throughout the entire game, while driving, sitting in the pits, in the main menu...

What is the Frequency of the issue?

Happens every time I play the game.

Your recent history of races.
Same with every car, game mode, weather conditions.

How long was your current session?
Overall 23 hours, but it only takes a few minutes after launching the game for the issues to surface.

What controller / wheel were you using?

Saitek R440 FFB wheel (same problems with my Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600)

Hello

After half a year the thrustmaster T500 F1 is still not correctly recognized by the game. There are still the menu options labelled a,b,c... whereas the T500 F1 uses only numbers.

The main problem I have is that I still loose control of the T500 F1 steering wheel frequently during time trial sessions. All of a sudden the current wheel and throttle position get stuck and the car crashes uncontrollably.  It seems not to be related to certain tracks. The strange thing is it does not happen every session. Yesterday there were no problems during all the 2 sessions I ran. But today I had the issue at all attempts. In the past I thought it could be related to programs running in the background. But as the issue usually starts during the 3rd lap this cannot be the case. As mentioned, the issue usually starts during the 3rd lap, then it mostly recovers but happens again in the 5th and 6th lap. Sometimes it  recovers immediately, at other occasions the controler was unusable for several minutes. In addition, after some of those crashes the setting of the brake sensitivity changes so I usually have to restart the game in order to recover the brake sensitivity I am accustomed to. I already addressed the issue to thrustmaster  twice but never got an answer...

If anybody may have a solution for this, please let me know, thanks!

I am having issues with my Logitech G930 headset for voice commands. 
It was working and i could talk to my engineer, fun times. Lately (maybe after last patch, unsure) it has stopped being recognised or is being disabled in the game. An information text appears briefly top right of screen at the "Main Menu" to inform me "Voice Control Disabled" with an icon of a red headset. In game it is red circled out.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, used the kinetic installers to try different languages with out success

Mic still works and is recognised and tests fine on the Steam Settings / Voice tab. Although i haven't tried a multiplayer race, my sound bars go up when i talk in the lobby. This suggests it is recognised by the game?!

Steam build version 854157

My system is Win 10 Pro 64bit,
i7 2600k,
16gb ram,
R9 380 4gb,
Driving force gt wheel,
g930 headset

Cheers, Gareth

@Lozzy 
In Multiplayer, in our league races, the game crashes in the Qualifying session. It happened in Spain and Canada. It's a very annoying thing and also occurs in the races of other leagues. In the middle of the qualifying session, the game throws everyone to desktop after a short freeze. We solved this problem with a temporary solution, we do One-Shot sessions but it's not ideal for league races. Please fix this and release the next patch as soon as possible.

I agree with sorbetto...we spend alot of  money to your games but..we cant play a multiplayer gp without bug..take care of about this and hurry up for a new patch 

not quite a bug, I suppose it is supposed to be this way, but if I restart a race, I start on the grid and do not have the opportunity (parc ferme is OFF) to do another setup. I can load a previous setup... perhaps two types of restart, one on grid, and one returned to garage would be fairer.

(also European Air War had mouse pan viewing in 2000, so please add this, and TrackIR support, to the list).

(also, I had some success last night taping this 3 button pedal upside down under the wheel (g27) so I can hit them with my knees, they are mapped to A B C keys, so that was for left, right view and DRS in the middle). It's will take some training for me to look totally one way for a side flash, without losing my forward sight. why panning is important, or failing that, 45 degree views (which EAW also had).

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FS3-P-USB-Triple-Foot-Switch-Pedal-Control-Keyboard-Mouse-PC-Computer-Game-Black-/161361291563?hash=item2591e1e92b:g:9LcAAOSwbqpTvUg2

btw, best game ever for me.

i have random crash to desktop without any error message. f1 2014 works fine. i tried to reduce graphic to the absolute minimum but that helps not.

u would hate this game if ur in a race and get a crash to desktop
its unplayable for me

Bug Report Form

(A brief explanation/summary of the problem you encountered)

random crash to desktop

Game Mode.

(Identify the game mode(s).  Is it only on a specific game mode or all of them?)     

in all menue's & on track, singleplayer & multiplayer

(e.g. Game Mode > Track > Team / Driver > Camera view > Lap)

just wait in a menue or drive a bit, game will crash at random time

(How and where did it happen?  Are there any specific steps followed when the issue occurred?)

its random, can happen if your steering, or just waiting in mp lobby etc.

(Has it been seen only once or is it reproducible?)

all the time

(Team / Driver, Track, Conditions)

tried all including 2014 tracks

(How long had you been playing for roughly?)

last session maybe 5mins

(Give the Manufacturer and Model of the controller used)

xboxone for pc

Online / Multiplayer (only applicable if the problem occurred during online play) identify the following:

What is your internet connection speed? – http://www.speedtest.net/

ping:79; DL:5,66Mbps UL:0,53Mbps

Which internet service provider are you with?

telekom

Do you have a wired or wireless connection?

lan only

How many people do you estimate were in the session?

random, had races with 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 etc.

Did you note any AI in the race?

in multiplayer, no

Did anyone leave or join the race?

yes

Did the host migrate during the race?

i had this message one time

For players on PC, then also be sure to identify:

System Spec.
(Give as much info about your PC as possible. Provide a DXDiag if you can.)

Which graphics preset were you using?
(You can view this in game from the main menu)

i tried all

In addition to this (and if reporting a graphical bug) please include a screenshot, to take one simply press F12 at any time while playing the game.

@B0B i have the exact same problem as yours, since the release.
Unfortunately i couldn't manage to find a reason behind this so i essentially gave up.. i keep opening the game until it stabilizes and stops crashing..
This is obviously a non-solution but as i said i literally tried everything possible imaginable.

However, we can try to see if the problems comes from the same source, if you want you can send me a crash dump via PM, i'll give it a look and see if our problems are related.

You can find the crash dump into steam/userdata/<your id>/<F1 2015 steam id (i dont remember it sorry)>/remote/crash_dump<some numbers>.zip

why is it the case that once someone has won the race (offline, PC) and I still have a lap to go, and there are still a couple of cars just ahead of me that I might be able to overtake, perhaps into points territory, then the game finishes.
amazing! 

i think this is what actually happens in real F1, otherwise it couldn't be possible for the winner to do the classic celebration lap.

Hello.
Thanks for 27/01/2016 Patch and your continued support.
This time, I'd like to report "Steering Wheel Shift Lights" issue.
This has been an issue since the release of this game, and I think it was already reported. But still not fixed yet, and I'd like to report it to make sure.
I've edited a short video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhgwIseBTdI

As seen in this video, Force India's Shift Lights work fine. But the lower RPM part of the Ferrari's & RedBull's Shift Lights doesn't work normally. Also, several other teams (Williams, Lotus etc.) have the same issue.
I hope this will be fixed in the future update.
Thank you.

(Edit: 14/07/2016)
I've noticed the steering wheel of each team was designed based on the real car. And this is not a bug but by design. I'm sorry about my fault.

D4rio said:
i think this is what actually happens in real F1, otherwise it couldn't be possible for the winner to do the classic celebration lap.
It's not, and it would... when the winner crosses the line, all the other cars continue to race until the end of the lap they're on. The driver doing his celebration lap is going so slowly that he'll never catch the cars that are still racing.

HI, i just bought F1 2015 for PC yesterday. I played a couple of rounds both offline and online, and noticed that when i am playing online, when i select BOX THIS LAP, the game freezes for a while (about 10-20 seconds) and everyone else disconnects. This doesn't happen on single player or when i am selecting any other messages (e.g. FULL RACE UPDATE). I reinstalled but it didn't fix the issue.

if it was the case in real F1, then theoretically the winner could be more than a lap ahead of all the other drivers, then nobody else would win or lose AND finish the race. what would they do, take the podium and points from the final lap completed? would the last man win if he was 10 laps behind the winner but across the line next when the winner won?

another issue: getting the game to run.
various things are wrong.
we are not supposed to press keys when the waiting loop is on, but "press button" also appears at the same time.
other times I get "loading completed" with a busy waiting icon.

but the main thing I discovered last night is to be patient and wait.
it seems like the game has locked up, even not allowing Alt-tab or Ctrl-alt-del... and I have gotten into a habit of hard rebooting... but last night I went for a walk and came back minute later, the game continued to load .
again, dodgy lack of meaningful wait logos, or apparent lockup. seems the game was made for Console machines with PC as an afterthought.

still enjoying the game though a lot. (need to work on tyre wear).

For the past few months I couldn't play because my rear view somehow connected itself to my brake when I used my ps3 or ps4 controller ( I never changed any settings ). So when I put my breaks on I could only look backward. Now, the game doesn't even get past the intro, it just shuts down like I ended the task. I love these F1 games so I would really like it if someone has any ideas on where I should look to fix it.

Note: My pc easily ran this game when I played it before.

a bug for sure but sure enough funny.
on the video replay looking at the pits, my cars pulls away and each of the 4 tyres are making their way back into the garage, except there are no crew to be seen, these are levitating tyres or ghost crew.

Not sure this will help anyone but just in case - I nearly gave up on this game yesterday but finally isolated the problem so in case it helps anyone ... here is how I resolved it.
PROBLEM: Game was not playable due to some kind of interrupts every few seconds on input control. ie when my G27 was plugged in I could not drive because the game and wheel seemed to be disconnecting from each other every few seconds or there was a pause between what was happening in the game and what was happening on my wheel (sometimes with game stutters and drops in frames to 30fps). If I unplugged the wheel then I could drive on keyboard no issues with solid 60fps, and this did not happen with some other driving games I have, so I thought it was just F1 2015 ... finally though I tested Dirt 3 saw it was suffering the same plight ... so figured it was hardware.
SOLUTION: Bascially it turned out to be a USB conflict ...I unplugged everything and one by one plugged things back in again ... turned out my two Eizo 2434 monitors have usb 3 hubs built in, and they are somehow conflicting with the G27.
So ... several hours of testing and digging and I guess the best advice is if you get this - unplug everything else that is connected via USB (incl keyb and mouse) and see if it is still a problem, if the issue goes away then start with mouse and keyboard and plug things in one by one till you figure out what is causing your conflict.

One more thing I found which I found curious and seemed to help with a slight increase in fps on my son's machine ...

In the game readme file the last paragraph says:

ADVANCED FEATURES

Motion Platforms
If your system has a motion platform, then F1 2015 should be able to control it. This feature is completely untested beyond checking that the basic data output is correct, and as such should be used entirely at your own risk. The output format is designed to be compatible with the "D-BOX" motion platform system.

As I was manually checking some settings in the hardware_settings_config.xml file in Documents\My Games\FormulaOne2015\hardwaresettings
I spotted that by default the motion platform output is switched on ... not having one of these fancy ass bits of kit I decided it couldn't hurt to disable it ... so I changed the following entry
<dbox enabled="true" />
to
<dbox enabled="false" />

... now I haven't tested this so please don't flame me, but I am pretty sure that with no other changes, the average fps increased by about 8 fps when running the graphics benchmark test (so on my son's machineon which I was struggling to get a good fps and some kind of quality, it went from low 30's to just inside the 40's, and seemed a good deal smoother).

Not sure this is a mistake by codemasters leaving it on or not, but if you ain't gonna be using a "motion platform" device, I am pretty sure it won't help to turn it off

• Guten Tag

Da das Spiel F1 2015 (PS4) jetzt schon seit dem Letzten Jahr auf dem Markt

ist und immer noch nicht Läuft,nach mehrfacher Verbesserung frage ich mich ob

sie das nicht auf die Reihe bekommen !!!

Das Spiel hat 70€ gekostet plus das ps4 Abo und nach Monaten der rum Bastelei

geht hier absolut nix wenn man mal das Glück hat überhaupt ein Spiel zu starten

ohne das ein Fehler auftritt kann man ja schon froh sein !!!

Wenn dann aber 5-6 Leute im Online Modus mal zusammen ein paar runden

drehen wollen geht nix nach ein oder 2 Rennen Fliegen die Leute raus.

Die k.i´s rammen nur rum und fahren ihre Linie nach

Nach dem update müssen teilweisse die Setup´s umgestellt werden

Es werden nicht alle Wagen auf die gleiche Leistung gesetzt wie alle anderen

Sachen auch strafen und so weiter

Die strafen wie sie jetzt einstellbar sind 1 mal zu lasch und 1 mal viel zu übertrieben

da sollte man sich mal 1-2 F1 Rennen im Tv anschauen !!!

Reifenverschleiss Mensch und K.i´s 5 Runden Mensch 15 Runden K.i´s

Wenn da nicht Langsam eine Lösung gefunden wir war es das letzte Spiel

was ich von ihnen gekauft habe. Es gibt hier noch nicht mal einen Deutschsprachigen

Kundendienst und leider nur einen Teueren Auslands Nummer sehr Traurig

Meines achtens ist das so nicht hinnehmbar und ein Fall für denn Verbraucherschutz

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Bug Report Form

Xbox One Controller now showing up as not supported (pop up message when starting game). In game controller acts like brakes are permanently on.

Game Mode.

All game modes

Problem occurred after windows 10 64bit update this morning. 4/3/16. Previously controller worked fine.

Attempted to launch game after windows update, controller message then appeared and controller no longer worked.

Occurs every time game is loaded. Have tried removing and reading the controller. Trying different USB ports. Verifying game cache and reinstalling made no difference.

Unsure, last quick race, melbourne, mclaren.

Occurred immediately after starting game

Xbox One Controller via wireless and wired connection. All controller configs tried, including custom.

OS - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

CPU - Intel Core i7-5930K @ 3.50 GHZ

GPU - Geforce GTX 980 Ti

Memory - 32 GB Ram

Nvidia drivers 362.00

Just an update, if I start the game with the controller off then enable it after it goes to the main menu it seems to work fine in game. This is not ideal and a fix would be appreciated.

Forma de Informe de Errores

-------------------------------------------------- ---------------------

Resumen / Descripción de la Emisión.
1-Se pierde el FFB al pisar el pedal del freno o el acelerador.

2-Simdisplay-f1 dejo de Sincronizar las Luces de rpm

3-El juego no admite Pedales de 4095 Pasos

Modo de juego.

Todos los Modos de juego

Los Pasos para Reproducir El problema.
1-Pisar acelerador o freno de Fanatec Clubsport Pedales V3 de la UE.

2-Funcionava asta busque la ultima actualizacion

¿Que Estabas Haciendo En Concreto, Cuando Se produjó El problema? 
1-Instalar descargas de Fanatec párrafo · intentar elimiar 50% Zona muerta de los pedales en f12015.

Actualizacion 2-Instalar la ultima

Rápido ¿Cuál es la Frecuencia de la cuestión f?

1- Always - floor pianos When the FFB is working again . If I step on a piano pedal to the metal pole that I have FFB floor brake. If I play the piano without touching any returns the FFB pedal , but when I touch the accelerator disappears . If you pass by a piano Accelerating the FFB does not return. About G27 and T500

2-Siempre

Su historia Reciente de las Carreras  . 
Baréin, Ferrari.

Lo Controlador / Rueda Estabas Usando?

Clubsport Pedales V3 de la UE

Thrustmaster T500

Logitec G27

Simr-F1

-------------------------------------------------- ---------------------

OS - Windows 10 Pro de 64 bits

CPU - Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0 GHz

GPU - GeForce GTX 960 2GB

Memoria - 16 GB de memoria RAM

Controladores de Nvidia 364.51

Bug Report Form

When starting F1 2015 on my PC with connected Logitech G25 wheel, the screen gets black and stays black.

Without connected Logitech G25 wheel games is starting as usual. Once I connect my G25, F1 2015 hangs immediately.

Everything was working fine before (but some time ago).

Dirt Rally is still working fine with G25.

I have reinstalled the game in Steam, no change.

Game Mode.

-

start the game and connect G25

When connecting G25

Always when connecting G25

-

Does not matter, anytime when connecting G25

Logitech G25

OS - Windows 10 Home 64bit Version 1511

CPU - Intel Core i7-2600K @ 3.40 GHZ