DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[PC] F1 2015 Bugs and Issues

hi i cant even run the game in steam as it just says unexpected error done everything i can following steams support still nothing its annoying i want to complain and even get my money back really not happy wont even load can anyone help 

Have you tried uninstalling Steam and reinstalling? In case you loose your game download, save your F1 2015 files and there is a method on the internet showing you how to reinstall the game without a long redownload. I've done it on Steam before and it works.
Hope this helps you.

I've had this game for two and a half weeks now and I still can't play it properly because the car slides all over the place when I use my 360 controller. When will this be fixed???!!!

I have posted a couple of problems but would like to update them after more play time.

I also realize that some of these problems may have been posted by others, but feel that the more duplication there is, the more it indicates to CM how common the particular bug is.

Platform: PC
Specs: i7 2600k
            GTX 970 - 4gig
            8gig Ram
            W7 pro - 64bit

1)I have a G27 on PC and after booting up my computer and going into the game for the first time or if  I go into the game after a PC restart, whatever I pick, Quick Race, Championship, Time Trial, my car is completely uncontrollable and pulling to the left. this can go on for a couple of turns, a couple of laps, or even longer. Sometimes I have to quit the session and try again before finally it correct's itself. I then exit to main menu and pick up on where I left off  the last time I played. This is a permanent bug in this game, that I have to go through every time I start or restart my computer and continue my racing.

I have verified and reverified the integrity of my game cache a gazillion times, deleted and recreated my wheel profile in the profiler numerous times, uninstalled and reinstalled the profiler as many times, created a new in game settings profile twice as many times, but still this persists. On reflection, this problem was not present on release day or after patch 14/07/15. This bug manifested itself after Patch 20/07/15

2) AI not modelled correctly (a) When leaving the pits during practice/quali, AI commences race attitude immediately and does not make way for cars on flying lap. (b) AI is in continuous race mode and protective of position during practice and quali. (c) While AI competitiveness is better in F1 2015, if you are on your race line on entry into a corner, they will ram you if you are doing any speed less than them. (d) In some cases you get a penalty or disq for AI rear ending you.

3) AI does not obey blue flags and contiue to defend there position.

4) Melbourne: pit exit controls gears until turn 1

5) Malaysia: controls gears at pit entry from track to first corner of entry lane.

6) Shanghai: Every time I pit, I cause a yellow flag.

7) Corner cutting penalty/warning is way too inconsistant. Sometimes penalized or warned when just touching the rumble strip with your inside tire, other time nothing for obvious corner cut or completely cutting corner with entire car.

8) Wheels disappearing and reapearing - for me? Shanghai so far.

9) Cannot change race stratergy (probably not a bug, but needs changing IMO)

10) Engineer's voice volume on track, way too low

11) Game does not reset your tires when you restart the session and you run out of new tires. I use the full practice to hone my skills, so sometimes repeat the practice on the same track many times. I don't like time trials mode because you can't use anything but Options and there is no tire wear modelled in this mode (completely unrealistic for practicing your skills)

12) damage modelling is attrocious and unrealistic. Take a look at some 2013 and 2014 Mods if you want to know how to do it.

13) Can't delete car setups

14) If I am off track or stopped too long, I am disquallified from the race/practice/quali session. Particularly annoying if it is as a result of AI aggression.

Suggestion: Can you please patch in a "SKIP" option to eliminate all the pre session cut scenes and commentary and that podium champagne thingy, so that we can have more race time?

1. The game sometimes forgets custom controls and returns to default key settings. After choosing custom controls in the options menu everything works fine again.
  2. When returning from replays back to game, the steering doesn't work for about three seconds.

Hello,
I have just installed F1 2015 in my laptop.
The game is not even starting. I do not understand what is the problem as even F1 2014 is running smoothly till date.
My laptop's specifications:
AMD APU Quad Core A10 processor
8 GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 8650G and AMD Mobility Radeon HD 8670M graphics card
Windows 8.1 64-bit
1 TB hard disk

Kindly do let me know how to solve this problem and run the game on my laptop.
Appreciate you help. Thanks a lot.

hobbsy777 said:
I have posted a couple of problems but would like to update them after more play time.

I also realize that some of these problems may have been posted by others, but feel that the more duplication there is, the more it indicates to CM how common the particular bug is.

Platform: PC
Specs: i7 2600k
            GTX 970 - 4gig
            8gig Ram
            W7 pro - 64bit

1)I have a G27 on PC and after booting up my computer and going into the game for the first time or if  I go into the game after a PC restart, whatever I pick, Quick Race, Championship, Time Trial, my car is completely uncontrollable and pulling to the left. this can go on for a couple of turns, a couple of laps, or even longer. Sometimes I have to quit the session and try again before finally it correct's itself. I then exit to main menu and pick up on where I left off  the last time I played. This is a permanent bug in this game, that I have to go through every time I start or restart my computer and continue my racing.

I have verified and reverified the integrity of my game cache a gazillion times, deleted and recreated my wheel profile in the profiler numerous times, uninstalled and reinstalled the profiler as many times, created a new in game settings profile twice as many times, but still this persists. On reflection, this problem was not present on release day or after patch 14/07/15. This bug manifested itself after Patch 20/07/15

2) AI not modelled correctly (a) When leaving the pits during practice/quali, AI commences race attitude immediately and does not make way for cars on flying lap. (b) AI is in continuous race mode and protective of position during practice and quali. (c) While AI competitiveness is better in F1 2015, if you are on your race line on entry into a corner, they will ram you if you are doing any speed less than them. (d) In some cases you get a penalty or disq for AI rear ending you.

3) AI does not obey blue flags and contiue to defend there position.

4) Melbourne: pit exit controls gears until turn 1

5) Malaysia: controls gears at pit entry from track to first corner of entry lane.

6) Shanghai: Every time I pit, I cause a yellow flag.

7) Corner cutting penalty/warning is way too inconsistant. Sometimes penalized or warned when just touching the rumble strip with your inside tire, other time nothing for obvious corner cut or completely cutting corner with entire car.

8) Wheels disappearing and reapearing - for me? Shanghai so far.

9) Cannot change race stratergy (probably not a bug, but needs changing IMO)

10) Engineer's voice volume on track, way too low

11) Game does not reset your tires when you restart the session and you run out of new tires. I use the full practice to hone my skills, so sometimes repeat the practice on the same track many times. I don't like time trials mode because you can't use anything but Options and there is no tire wear modelled in this mode (completely unrealistic for practicing your skills)

12) damage modelling is attrocious and unrealistic. Take a look at some 2013 and 2014 Mods if you want to know how to do it.

13) Can't delete car setups

14) If I am off track or stopped too long, I am disquallified from the race/practice/quali session. Particularly annoying if it is as a result of AI aggression.

Suggestion: Can you please patch in a "SKIP" option to eliminate all the pre session cut scenes and commentary and that podium champagne thingy, so that we can have more race time?

Add another one to my list.

15)  Crash on exiting game.
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error
Program: C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2015\F1_2015.exe
R6025
- pure virtual function call

laledesi said:
Ho3n3r said:
Another 100% race ruined by the AI. I can't believe I paid for this game. This time at Monza.

When they get lapped, they make an half-arsed attempt to let you through once, and when you're not close enough to pass, they decide tough luck, we're racing each other now and you're not getting past! And when you do pass them - this goes for both lapped cars and when fighting for position. When you're clearly past, they just take the normal line anyway like you're invisible and tap your rear end and it causes a spin. It is hugely infuriating when you're in a close fight and a backmarker just ****s into you. If it happened every once in a while, then fine, but this was 3 times in 5 laps by different cars.

Confirm that crazy behaviour from backmarkers in 100% happens to me in Catalunya, Monaco, and Hungary. So far. I guess no QA tester ever bothered to test in 100% races (probably too long...). In Monaco, there was a Manor blocking the way of a train of 7 (yes, seven) frontmarkers for laps and laps and laps: Not One Car Behind Them (mine being the last in line...) would make a move to try to lap it.

It was like the Manor was a permanent safety car. L.a.u.g.h.a.b.l.e.
But still hoping it will be fixed anyway.

Edit: Just had the game change from full screen mode to window mode on Lap 27 in Hungary 100% Race
(Championship in Ricciardo's car)
NVIDIA GeForce 860M Driver ver 353.50 WHQL. (first time that happened since purchase).

The screen change is likely to be something that happened in the background of the PC.  An app updating or something similar.  I also have been having back marker issues.  Sometimes they will get out of your way but you need to be around 3 - 4 seconds a lap faster than them to jump out of your way (Maurusia usually gives way to me without problems but the rest flick the V's at me!).  If you are 2 seconds or 1 seconds faster than them well your on your own.  Had a 25 second lead in Spain only to win by 0.5 seconds as I was stuck behind cars I was trying to lap on Primes when they were on opinions and just could not get past because of the OP traction they have + the extra traction they had with the options!  Blue flags do get waved they must mean nothing not even if you the king of Spain they will not get out of your way! P.S. I'm not the kin of Spain.....Im driving on the second highest AI if that helps - god knows what the other setting are like.  Other issues are the starts either we have serious lack of traction or the AI has absolutely perfect traction and causes us to lose a place or more likely 2 or 3 places at every start.

Acerees said:
laledesi said:
Ho3n3r said:
Another 100% race ruined by the AI. I can't believe I paid for this game. This time at Monza.

When they get lapped, they make an half-arsed attempt to let you through once, and when you're not close enough to pass, they decide tough luck, we're racing each other now and you're not getting past! And when you do pass them - this goes for both lapped cars and when fighting for position. When you're clearly past, they just take the normal line anyway like you're invisible and tap your rear end and it causes a spin. It is hugely infuriating when you're in a close fight and a backmarker just ****s into you. If it happened every once in a while, then fine, but this was 3 times in 5 laps by different cars.

Confirm that crazy behaviour from backmarkers in 100% happens to me in Catalunya, Monaco, and Hungary. So far. I guess no QA tester ever bothered to test in 100% races (probably too long...). In Monaco, there was a Manor blocking the way of a train of 7 (yes, seven) frontmarkers for laps and laps and laps: Not One Car Behind Them (mine being the last in line...) would make a move to try to lap it.

It was like the Manor was a permanent safety car. L.a.u.g.h.a.b.l.e.
But still hoping it will be fixed anyway.

Edit: Just had the game change from full screen mode to window mode on Lap 27 in Hungary 100% Race
(Championship in Ricciardo's car)
NVIDIA GeForce 860M Driver ver 353.50 WHQL. (first time that happened since purchase).

The screen change is likely to be something that happened in the background of the PC.  An app updating or something similar.  I also have been having back marker issues.  Sometimes they will get out of your way but you need to be around 3 - 4 seconds a lap faster than them to jump out of your way (Maurusia usually gives way to me without problems but the rest flick the V's at me!).  If you are 2 seconds or 1 seconds faster than them well your on your own.  Had a 25 second lead in Spain only to win by 0.5 seconds as I was stuck behind cars I was trying to lap on Primes when they were on opinions and just could not get past because of the OP traction they have + the extra traction they had with the options!  Blue flags do get waved they must mean nothing not even if you the king of Spain they will not get out of your way! P.S. I'm not the kin of Spain.....Im driving on the second highest AI if that helps - god knows what the other setting are like.  Other issues are the starts either we have serious lack of traction or the AI has absolutely perfect traction and causes us to lose a place or more likely 2 or 3 places at every start.
With traction completely off, there is no way I can match AI on exit of corners. using G27 on PC.

Im using a Logitech driving force gt, and i have about a 50% deadzone in my peddles, iv tried different programs from the logitech website and still have the massive deadzone, f1 2013 works fine. Needs to be fixed game is UNPLAYABLE

Summary / Description of the Issue.

The game freezes for around a second (sounds stop as well), after that the game goes on normally for a couple of seconds to max 5-7 seconds, then suddently crashes to desktop (sometimes the error 41 dialog will appear, sometimes it won't). Today i updated my system to Windows 10 64bit (i had Win 7 64bit previously and made a clean install) but the problem still occurs with the exact same symptoms.

Game Mode.
This can happen at anytime, it is not related to a particular game mode. It will randomly occur at home screen, (tried to leave it there without any input given and still crashed) or during loading or even whilst racing.

The Steps to Reproduce The Issue.
Can't help since the total randomness of this event.

What were you doing specifically when the issue occurred?
As i written above, it can actually crash just after reaching the home screen. So it is not related to my actions.

What is the Frequency of the issue?
I would say 99% of the times i (try to) run the game.

Your recent history of races.
 I think this info is not really useful here
How long was your current session?
 If i manage to make it run, i would say around 5 minutes or so.

What controller / wheel were you using?
Xbox 360. Tried with keyboard but the problem was still there

MY Specs:

Win 10 64 bit
Motherboard: ASUS P5Q Pro
CPU: Intel Q9400
VGA: GeForce GTX 760

Since the previous patch, rich mix bug  has been fixed, I can now run with this mix without loosing power .
Throtle is smoother too.
Thank you Code M ;-)

Problem : Separate Wheel (Fanatec CSW) and Pedals (CST Pedals) can not be configured
Scenario : adjusting left (or right) turn input on wheel has a side effect on acceleration input....
Of course game is unplayable like this

I have the same issue with CSPv3 pedals I just got, issue didn't exist with CSPv1's I had.
For some reason it seems to mark Accelerate as Axis x+ which is turn right.

Newest patch has broken controls for me:

Using  an Xbox 360 Wireless Wheel on PC. Steering is all messed up.

D4rio said:

The game freezes for around a second (sounds stop as well), after that the game goes on normally for a couple of seconds to max 5-7 seconds, then suddently crashes to desktop (sometimes the error 41 dialog will appear, sometimes it won't). Today i updated my system to Windows 10 64bit (i had Win 7 64bit previously and made a clean install) but the problem still occurs with the exact same symptoms.

Game Mode.
This can happen at anytime, it is not related to a particular game mode. It will randomly occur at home screen, (tried to leave it there without any input given and still crashed) or during loading or even whilst racing.

Can't help since the total randomness of this event.

As i written above, it can actually crash just after reaching the home screen. So it is not related to my actions.

I would say 99% of the times i (try to) run the game.

I think this info is not really useful here
 If i manage to make it run, i would say around 5 minutes or so.

Xbox 360. Tried with keyboard but the problem was still there

MY Specs:

Win 10 64 bit
Motherboard: ASUS P5Q Pro
CPU: Intel Q9400
VGA: GeForce GTX 760
Just to let you know that after the 07/31 patch my problem (quoted above) is still there.

Please fix this CM, i can't even play the game as i'm tired to reopen the game over and over just to have some chances to actually being able to play it.

edit: adding my crash dump hoping this could help you to sort this annoying problem up
http://www.filedropper.com/crashdump76561197968165498

since the last patch on 31.07 steering is almost impossible! -> always going straight when entering turns... feels like driving with a broken front wing...

it's impossible to Play the game at the Moment!

i am using a ds4 Controller and/or a xbox 360 controller

Bug Report Form

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

After the 31/07/15 patch I continued with my Championship season with Round 2 in Malaysia. During the introductory circuit sequence where a map of the circuit is shown I pressed advance to continue to the race. Instead of going to the garage I was immediately on track and the graphic for the circuit was overlaying the display (see below). The overlaying graphic would not clear, so I needed to quit back to the menu and had a second attempt to continue with the Championship season - the problem did not reoccur.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=C6690C57384A4C6F!368&authkey=!AIQmJFCfSkE9ZCc&v=3&ithint=photo%2cjpg

Game Mode.

Championship

Championship>Malaysia>Williams/Bottas>Roll Bar Camera>Lap1

Pressing advance to continue past the introductory sequence to proceed to the garage.

Has only happened once

1 lap - had just loaded the game.

Logitech G27

For players on PC, then also be sure to identify:

System Spec.
 Intel i5-2550K CPU @3.40GHz

16 GB

Windows 10 - 64-bit

Which graphics preset were you using?
 1600x1000

In addition to this (and if reporting a graphical bug) please include a screenshot, to take one simply press F12 at any time while playing the game.

After updating to the 2015-07-31 patch, the intro videos are just a black screen, and no menus or text are visible.  In-car UI elements (lap position, lap time, gear/speed/tach, etc) are also missing.  Car setup screen in pits is also black.  See video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uLvAOQTYk8

Game Mode.

I assume all game modes are affected, but I could only figure out how to start a TT session. 

Start the game...

Launched the game after updating on steam.

Every time I start the game.

none.

Issue occurs on game startup.

Logitech G27

System Spec.

i7-3930k, GA-X79-UD5, 32GB RAM, GTX 780 Ti, 480 GB SSD

Which graphics preset were you using?
 1920x1080 @ 120Hz

Bug Report Form

Update on 7/31 has made game completely unplayable for me and my friend. Both of us are on custom built gaming PCs, both using G27s and both have been doing Championship mode. We both flipped back to F1 2014 and issues were not there. Nor was uncontrollable and unfix-able steering issue prior to update. Update made game worse. Now game lags in single player mode for both of us and i have 60Mbps DL speed http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4550234991 and had no major issues (windowing during driving occasionally, never saving my setups between session, never saving my graphic preference for Full Screen ON, always defaulting to Logitech default wheel settings upon startup instead of going to my custom)  prior to update. Now, as I said, the game lags while your driving but worst of all the steering either doesn't turn at all or veers horrifically around one way or the other. I have tried every setting I have available in and out of the game and even uninstalled Logitech and Steam and problem is still there. It has made the game completely unplayable. WTH was the purpose of the update?

Game Mode.

Championship Mode (Single Player) 

Every time it moves

Austrian Grand Prix. Did previous rounds with no real problems aside from the windowing during driving occassionally, never saving my setups between session, never saving my graphic preference for Full Screen ON, always defaulting to Logitech default wheel settings upon startup instead of going to my custom, etc

All day today, ever since update

(Team / Driver, Track, Conditions)

I've been trying for about 3 hours to correct it today

Logitech G27

Bug Report Form

Update on 7/31 has made game completely unplayable for me and my friend. Both of us are on custom built gaming PCs, both using G27s and both have been doing Championship mode. We both flipped back to F1 2014 and issues were not there. Nor was uncontrollable and unfix-able steering issue prior to update. Update made game worse. Now game lags in single player mode for both of us and i have 60Mbps DL speed http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4550234991 and had no major issues (windowing during driving occasionally, never saving my setups between session, never saving my graphic preference for Full Screen ON, always defaulting to Logitech default wheel settings upon startup instead of going to my custom)  prior to update. Now, as I said, the game lags while your driving but worst of all the steering either doesn't turn at all or veers horrifically around one way or the other. I have tried every setting I have available in and out of the game and even uninstalled Logitech and Steam and problem is still there. It has made the game completely unplayable. WTH was the purpose of the update?

Game Mode.

Championship Mode (Single Player) 

Every time it moves

Austrian Grand Prix. Did previous rounds with no real problems aside from the windowing during driving occassionally, never saving my setups between session, never saving my graphic preference for Full Screen ON, always defaulting to Logitech default wheel settings upon startup instead of going to my custom, etc

All day today, ever since update

(Team / Driver, Track, Conditions)

I've been trying for about 3 hours to correct it today

Logitech G27

Also would like some kind of response from admin or someone on resolution of this issue as it has taken a game i have been playing at least every other night to now not being able to play at all. How did they take F1 2014 and completely break it and then put it on sale for us to have to be the lab rats???????????????? All of these issues are things THEY should have tested and fixed PRIOR to launch not giving us a half-assed game. This is why I left xbox because forza did this same thing with forza 5

Since the latest update I have noticed that during multiplayer the desync is worse than ever between players and for the AI too. During a weekend at Spa we found that the AI names at the quali leaderboard row 4 at the end of quali the drivers name is in lower case.
When my teammate (human player) went to pit it wouldn't let him until i came in to pit a lap later. I couldn't see him on my map when coming in and once i left the pit he was then pushed forward and got serviced. 

Since the latest update I have noticed that during multiplayer the desync is worse than ever between players and for the AI too. During a weekend at Spa we found that the AI names at the quali leaderboard row 4 at the end of quali the drivers name is in lower case.
When my teammate (human player) went to pit it wouldn't let him until i came in to pit a lap later. I couldn't see him on my map when coming in and once i left the pit he was then pushed forward and got serviced. 
Also theres no tire sound at all, no skreach or anythng, only noise i get is when going over the rumble strips.

Since the last update...

Improvements:
* Steering feels much smoother for the G27 now... AFTER you reset all your wheel settings.
* Able to skip practice in multiplayer world! Nice
* Now nice to have control over what kind of sessions we want. Would still like the option of Full Qualli for Multiplayer (not played Single Player yet)

New issues:
* HUGE desynchronisation issues!!! Way worse than the previous update! My connection is 10M Up and 1M down, not the fastest, but not dial up either!
* Tried to pit after a crash before the first corner on the first lap of SPA (Belgium) caused by the Desynchronisation mess. It held me just in front of my crew. Front Left wheel spinning backwards and front right wheel spinning forwards! I sat there unable to do anything apart from bring up the pause/menu. My human team mate, pitted a lap later, drove through me, and after his service I suddenly went forward and was serviced like 'normal'. Putting me a lap down!
* AI cars are now space ships and can fly, and flip, and then hit you... not fun
* No tire sounds AT ALL, not even when you rub a wall. The only tire related noise I get is running over ripple strips. Very hard to be smooth and avoid damage to tires when they are silent at all times!
* The leaderboard at the end of each session has the player (Human or AI) in lower case in position 4 (as in the 4th name shown from the top, not the official P4 place).
* If you qualify outside the top 10 you can not change the tire strategy! You fixed the tire strategy change in the top 10, but if you have a bad Qualifying and start outside the top 10 you are supposed to be able to change your tire strategy.

Old issues:
* STILL NO WEATHER weekend forecast!!!!

Specs:
MSI GT70 Dominator
i7-4810MQ
Win 8.1 x64
NVidia GTX 870M (3G)
16G RAM
G27 wheel

Bug Report Form

Game Mode.

Multiplayer Friendly with AI and 2 Human players     

(e.g. As above >Spa > Williams/Valteri Bottas and Felipe Massa > TV > 1-3)

Desync during the whole weekend.
Lowercase names at leaderboard after 1-Shot Quali.
Pit lockout at the end of lap 1.
Tire noise........never.

we attempted to play exactly the same game 3 times and all but the pit incident occured.

Williams/both drivers/Australia, Italy, China, Spa, Malaysia, Silverstone.

anywhere up to an hour n a half

Logitech G27

Online / Multiplayer (only applicable if the problem occurred during online play) identify the following:

What is your internet connection speed? – http://www.speedtest.net/

50mbs Down 20mbs Up

Which internet service provider are you with?

iiNet Limited

Do you have a wired or wireless connection?

Wired

How many people do you estimate were in the session?

Did you note any AI in the race?

Yes, rest of field

Did anyone leave or join the race?

No

Did the host migrate during the race?

No

System Spec.

Time of this report: 8/2/2015, 17:10:47

Machine name: GREG-PC

Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_r9.150322-1500)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

System Model: Z87X-UD5H

BIOS: BIOS Date: 08/02/13 22:12:30 Ver: 04.06.05

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.5GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 16336MB RAM

Page File: 3454MB used, 12882MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.03.9600.17415 64bit Unicode