Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[PC] F1 2015 Bugs and Issues

Hey guys! I found bugs on the F1 2015 game! When you press esc on the menu, it didn't close but just let you hear the background sound. You have to press it two times to close the menu. The other bug is that your steering wheel is normal but when you open the radio menu, it starts to go haywire. It happens after the new patch. Check out the video below to see what i am talking about.

Bug Report Form

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Summary / Description of the Issue.
Played the unpatched Version yesterday until my brother wanted to play with me online (He had the patched version).
So I updated the game and since then it is just unplayable. Steering is messed up. EXTREMLY sensitive steering!

Using a PS4 Controller

Game Mode.

Multiplayer Friendly with  2 Human players in  Brasil, Quickrace in Australia     

The Steps to Reproduce The Issue.
(have the problem in every game mode on every track and every car)

What were you doing specifically when the issue occurred?
I was steering :D.

Your recent history of races.
Singapur/Suzuka/Sochi/Brasil/Brasil/Australia

How long was your current session?
5 minutes until we didn't want to play it like that anymore

What controller / wheel were you using?

PS4 controller

For players on PC, then also be sure to identify:

System Spec.

Time of this report: 8/2/2015, 13:29:47

Machine name: Admin-PC

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium

Language: German (Regional Setting: Austria)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz 

Memory: 8GB RAM

hobbsy777 said:
I have posted a couple of problems but would like to update them after more play time.

I also realize that some of these problems may have been posted by others, but feel that the more duplication there is, the more it indicates to CM how common the particular bug is.

Platform: PC
Specs: i7 2600k
            GTX 970 - 4gig
            8gig Ram
            W7 pro - 64bit

1)I have a G27 on PC and after booting up my computer and going into the game for the first time or if  I go into the game after a PC restart, whatever I pick, Quick Race, Championship, Time Trial, my car is completely uncontrollable and pulling to the left. this can go on for a couple of turns, a couple of laps, or even longer. Sometimes I have to quit the session and try again before finally it correct's itself. I then exit to main menu and pick up on where I left off  the last time I played. This is a permanent bug in this game, that I have to go through every time I start or restart my computer and continue my racing.

I have verified and reverified the integrity of my game cache a gazillion times, deleted and recreated my wheel profile in the profiler numerous times, uninstalled and reinstalled the profiler as many times, created a new in game settings profile twice as many times, but still this persists. 

hamilton and rosberg still pit in the same time.
Big big big freezes when passing a car (most of the time a car under blue flag) or when the winner arrives.
Always have to re-calibrate the wheel, and pedals each time I launch the game.
Don't understand the DRS. sometimes i can use it when i shouldn't (no car before me) and sometimes i can't use it when i should (just behind a car).

T300RS - fanatec clubsport pedals v2 - Shifter fanatec
NVidia Gforce GTX 680
Intel® Core(tm) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40Ghz
8.00GO de RAM
Windows seven 64

When I am driving the car steering wheel can stick for half a second to a second. The Driving Force GT has no control in game during these moments. This means missed gear shifts and bad driving.

Driving Force GT (all stock, no new pedals etc)
AMD R7 Graphics
AMD A10 Processor.
8GB Ram
Windows 10 

Just to echo every G27 user .. following the recent patch there is now a steering deadzone which appears every time you load the game. The only way to get rid is to select G27 settings then customize again. You have to do this every time you reload as the settings are not saved. Yes I press the correct buttons during startup and my profiler is correctly configured. Perhaps with the next patch you can make sure they work first.. now I will leave you to patch the patch...

Bug Report Form

I had the game working reasonably well until the patch of 31/07.
The bug I am seeing is, I go into the controls, press f1 to create/edit my joystick and pedal profile. I select the accelerator and press enter key then push on pedal as directed. Game sees this as "AXIS Y+". which worked fine prior to latest patch. Once I get to track my car is about half to 3/4 throttle and I am not pressing any pedal or button!! I go back to control setting and find the accelerate axis has reset itself to "AXIS Y-". No matter what I do, (ie: reverse axis, etc.) this keeps happening making game to be completely unplayable now.

Game Mode.

All modes 

(e.g. Game Mode > Track > Team / Driver > Camera view > Lap)

Game Mode - Time Trial.  Track: Melbourne. Team - Merc/Rosberg. Camera - T. Lap - Any

First attempt to play after 07/31 patch. Constant issue

What is the Frequency of the issue?

100%

(Team / Driver, Track, Conditions)

20 hours. Since release day

Logitech Pro-Pedals. Saitek X-55 joystick. (this setup works with past F1 releases)

Updating with more details:

After playing with multiple re-installs through steam, it appears that the menus disappear whenever I change resolutions via the in-game video settings options.  I assume this also happens when my desktop resolution differs from the last in-game resolution, which is why I didn't have any menus at all in my first bug report.

I normally run 6048x1080 @ 120Hz (3x 1080p plus bezel compensation), but in order for shadowplay recording to work, I have to launch the game with my desktop resolution set to 1920x1080.

As long as the in-game resolution and my desktop resolution match, the menus are fine (until I change the in-game resolution).  Also, if I change the in-game resolution back to my desktop resolution after the menus have disappeared, they come back.

Hopefully this is enough information to narrow it down - let me know if you need any more details.

pseudonomadic said:

After updating to the 2015-07-31 patch, the intro videos are just a black screen, and no menus or text are visible.  In-car UI elements (lap position, lap time, gear/speed/tach, etc) are also missing.  Car setup screen in pits is also black.  See video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uLvAOQTYk8

Game Mode.

I assume all game modes are affected, but I could only figure out how to start a TT session. 

Start the game...

Launched the game after updating on steam.

Every time I start the game.

none.

Issue occurs on game startup.

Logitech G27

System Spec.

i7-3930k, GA-X79-UD5, 32GB RAM, GTX 780 Ti, 480 GB SSD

Which graphics preset were you using?
 1920x1080 @ 120Hz

Bug Report Form

• The game stutterzzzzzz in Spa-Francorchamps big time at one point. (TWICE)
  • Error message box after exiting the game from C Runtime: Not enough memory for this application.(Although I have 16GB of RAM in my gaming laptop!)
Game Mode.

Quick Race. (race only, 100%)

Do a 100% Quick Race in Vettel's car, HARD ai, stuttering will happen at around Lap 24-27.

Driving the car in cockpit-cam view, in P2, chasing Hammer in P1.

Has happened twice.

From L1 'til L24-27 (of 44).

360 Controller for Windows

System Spec.
i7 - 4710 HQ at 2.5GHz 

NVIDIA GTX 860M

R353.62 WHQL (latest driver)

16 GB DDR5

VRAM 2047 MB DDR5 bus width: 128 bits

Windows 10 - 64-bit

1920 x 1080

It just happened again on lap 24. ^^^^^^^^^^
So it looks like the game stutters big time every single time in that race and around the same lap.

Bug Report Form

Racing and the freezes, I get an nvidia driver crash error and the whole game crashes out.

This is what happens: http://prntscr.com/8204cs

Game Mode.

All of them

Doesn't happen at a set time, just random but cannot complete a race without it happening.

Racing in single player career mode.

Happens every time I race, cannot complete the first race in career without it crashing.

Cannot complete a race

9  Laps of Australia

Xbox 360 wired controller to PC

System Spec.
i7 4790K

GTX 970 4GB

16GB Corsair Vengeance

250GB SSD

Max GFX

Screenshot: http://prntscr.com/8204cs

Big problem with a T300 with F1 rim.

When selected this setup in the game,
the steering wheel in game will completely steer to the left and gives full throttle.

I've tried different settings but the problem remains.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

i have a thrustmaster t300gte with t3pa pro pedals and no matter what i try i get no wheel weight in game,ffb is fine.its so unplayable.
pc specs 8gb gskill ram,msi 970 gaming motherboard,amd 8350 cpu,palit gtx 750ti gpu on windows 10 before patch weight was there but once came out ov pit would have no weight but now i have no weight from the start.please fix this,its unexceptable 

probably on all formats - spa starting lights have additional yellow & green lights.
EDIT - Bahrain is the same as well.

Frame rate sudden death is a well known problem by now, but here's an (off-screen, sorry) video showing where I can reproduce it every time. Demonstrated by starting a Time Trial on 4 different circuits in a single session:

Spain - fine
Bahrain - fine until T1+T2, then dies
Brazil - fine
Abu Dhabi - dies in the garage and never improves

Given Bahrain and Abu Dhabi are the two tracks on which it always happens, suggests it's something to do with all the fancy extra night lighting. But I've also seen it strike more randomly on Australia and Malaysia, so that's not the whole story.

Video was taken while running at 
1680x1050, Medium graphics setting. But the same thing happens at any resolution, even on Ultra Low.

DxDiag available in my dropbox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8xvZrn4F2c&feature=youtu.be

Frame rate sudden death is a well known problem by now, but here's an (off-screen, sorry) video showing where I can reproduce it every time. Demonstrated by starting a Time Trial on 4 different circuits in a single session:

Spain - fine
Bahrain - fine until T1+T2, then dies
Brazil - fine
Abu Dhabi - dies in the garage and never improves

Given Bahrain and Abu Dhabi are the two tracks on which it always happens, suggests it's something to do with all the fancy extra night lighting. But I've also seen it strike more randomly on Australia and Malaysia, so that's not the whole story.

Video was taken while running at 1680x1050, Medium graphics setting. But the same thing happens at any resolution, even on Ultra Low.

DxDiag available in my dropbox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8xvZrn4F2c&feature=youtu.be
Doing a clean install of Windows 10 and using the latest AMD drivers completely cured all my frame drops.

Still far too sensitive and impossible to drive with a Thrustmaster T500 RS, even after the latest patch.
Was OK in F1 2014.

Hey @scottishwildcat The team in Birmaingham have asked if you could please update your drivers, you are currently running 14.502.1020.0 looking at your dxdiag.

The latest can be found here:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/mobile?os=Windows%208.1%20-%2064

(latest display driver for your card / setup is version 15.20.1062)

@justbiglee Nope, I can't I'm afraid -- I've tried, but it won't let me install anything beyond the version I have.

edit: ok apparently the problem was caused by a debug tool i was using, i closed it and everything seems to work fine. However my original problem with this game (random crashes) is still there. 

@justbiglee, I have downloaded Patch 10/08/15 and it has fixed the DZ bug. Now can CM fix the brake lock up problem on my G27 that has been there from day-1 and the pull to the left and sometimes right that I often experience on first session following PC start up or restart, which sticks around for a short time then disappears. This bug started after Patch 20/07/15. Could you PLEASE answer this post. Is Codemasters looking at this or not?  I have posted the steering pull problem here before with no fix or response.

Bug Report Form

All versions (including August 10th patch) after patch 20/07/2015 v1.018.9736 results in approx 50% of the brake applied all the times, leaving the game unplayable. Fronts are locked all the time. Brake is detected as "rotate Z-" which work in earlier versions but not recent. Seems no braking applied is considered to be 50% brake, full brake is considered 100% but I have no way to go to 0% brake...

Going back to the exe-file version as noted in post http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/113599 is a work around - but of course not satisfactory in the long run.

I now know this wheel isn't on the supported list but as it worked in release version and some patches after that I consider this a bug. Wheel works fine in all other titles I have tried it on as well.

Having forked out much $ for a top notch gfx card only for F1 2015 use this is disappointing...

Game Mode.

All 

(e.g. Game Mode > Track > Team / Driver > Camera view > Lap)

Every time in car

100%

Logitech Wingman Formula Force (using Saitek FF driver) 

System Spec.
DXdiag link http://www.martingranberg.se/DxDiag.txt

Hey @scottishwildcat The team in Birmaingham have asked if you could please update your drivers, you are currently running 14.502.1020.0 looking at your dxdiag.

(latest display driver for your card / setup is version 15.20.1062)

@justbiglee Nope, I can't I'm afraid -- I've tried, but it won't let me install anything beyond the version I have.
Update @justbiglee : since Apple updated their BootCamp drivers today, I've finally been able to install v15 of the AMD driver on Windows 10, and it does look like it may have solved my deadly frame rate problem.

(And no, not "deadly" in the Dublin sense...)