Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[PC] F1 2015 Bugs and Issues

Since patch 10/08/15 I now randomly get my screen go into windowed mode and I have to exit and fix (will not alt+enter). has happened during practice so no big deal, but now it has happened at lap 20 in Monaco. hardware_settings_config.xml has changed my screen to 1904 x 1162 (my monitor is 1920 x 1200) and full screen = false.

hobbsy777 said:
Since patch 10/08/15 I now randomly get my screen go into windowed mode and I have to exit and fix (will not alt+enter). has happened during practice so no big deal, but now it has happened at lap 20 in Monaco. hardware_settings_config.xml has changed my screen to 1904 x 1162 (my monitor is 1920 x 1200) and full screen = false.
bump.

Problem: Always when Im on Timetrial, and the camera shows the whole car from behind, the left tyre is flickering, you can see the carcass, and so on. Until now this happened ONLY on time trial, but I doesnt tried much of the other modes, but I ve never saw that there...

Plattform: PC AMD 8350, Sapphire R9-270x, 8 GB GEIL RAM, 970A-G43 Mainboard

To reproduce simply go time trial no matter which track, and with a similar hardware config, I admit!

This happend no matter which driver or team...

I use a MS sidewinder FF Wheel and a speedlink xeox pro gamepad, and the tyre flickering shows up everytime on only on timetrial

Mid race save bug - every time reloading one, tyres are reset cold (can feel it grip wise as well as OSD showing tyre temps blue).
Also had a couple of times in dynamic weather when wet track is drying, the sky's brighten up instantly. Its like someone just turned on a light

Hi Ostfriese & nobbymilo, I have passed these two issues to the dev team thank you.

fearLesss said:

Bug Report Form

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Summary / Description of the Issue.
Racing and the freezes, I get an nvidia driver crash error and the whole game crashes out.

This is what happens: http://prntscr.com/8204cs

Game Mode.

All of them

The Steps to Reproduce The Issue.
Doesn't happen at a set time, just random but cannot complete a race without it happening.

What were you doing specifically when the issue occurred?
Racing in single player career mode.

What is the Frequency of the issue?

Happens every time I race, cannot complete the first race in career without it crashing.

Your recent history of races.
Cannot complete a race

How long was your current session?
9  Laps of Australia

What controller / wheel were you using?

Xbox 360 wired controller to PC

For players on PC, then also be sure to identify:

System Spec.
i7 4790K

GTX 970 4GB

16GB Corsair Vengeance

250GB SSD

Which graphics preset were you using?
Max GFX

Screenshot: http://prntscr.com/8204cs

Bump

Game randomly crashes to desktop. Error code 41 is then reported by Steam

Game Mode.
Can happen in any mode, either single player or multiplayer. 

Can't help here since the total randomness of this event.

What were you doing specifically when the issue occurred?
This happens mostly during loadings. but can happen while racing as well, though with lower frequency.

It's hard to tell, i'd say once every 20 minutes of play.

I tried everything: free mode, quick race, career, multi...

AS i said, around 20 minutes.

Xbox 360 gamepad

MY Specs:

Windows 10 64 bit
Motherboard: ASUS P5Q Pro
CPU: Intel Q9400
VGA: GeForce GTX 760 (drivers are up to date)

Lozzy said:
Hi Ostfriese & nobbymilo, I have passed these two issues to the dev team thank you.

Are you our new Community Manager?
If he is, an introduction would have been nice.

As I have had no acknowledgement of this problem from CM, I would like to bump this: 
After installation of patch 20/07/15, every time I first start F1 2015 or restart my PC and start up F1 2015, regardless of what session I choose, when I first go out on track, the car has a severe pull to the left and on occasion, right and the braking and throttle are hyper sensitive, rendering the car difficult to control, requiring me to limp around the track a lap or two when it just disappears (sometimes). I have to go through this ritual every time I start my first session of the day or restart my PC before I can race. Sometimes it remains stubborn and and persists and the only way to eliminate it is to redo my custom setup.

As there have been two more PC patches since this occurred and still this problem is present, please confirm that you are looking into a fix for this issue.
here are my specs:
PC - W7 64bit
CPU - 2600k
GPU - ASUS Strix GTX970 4G
RAM - 8G
MONITOR Native Res - 1920 x 1200
F1 2015 on 500G - 850 EVO SSD.
G27 Wheel

Thank you.

Hi hobbsy777,

No I am not a community manager, I am an F1 dev. Could you please share up for dxdiag for me and I will pass it on to the right people.

Has anyone else experienced what hobbsy777 is describing?

Thanks.

Lozzy said:

Hi hobbsy777,

No I am not a community manager, I am an F1 dev. Could you please share up for dxdiag for me and I will pass it on to the right people.

Thanks.

Hi Lozzy, are you aware of the Texture Allocation Failure error? Is that something that is being looked at? Seems to be common amongst high memory video cards

Bug Report Form

All versions (including August 10th patch) after patch 20/07/2015 v1.018.9736 results in approx 50% of the brake applied all the times, leaving the game unplayable. Fronts are locked all the time. Brake is detected as "rotate Z-" which work in earlier versions but not recent. Seems no braking applied is considered to be 50% brake, full brake is considered 100% but I have no way to go to 0% brake...

Going back to the exe-file version as noted in post http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/113599 is a work around - but of course not satisfactory in the long run.

I now know this wheel isn't on the supported list but as it worked in release version and some patches after that I consider this a bug. Wheel works fine in all other titles I have tried it on as well.

Having forked out much $ for a top notch gfx card only for F1 2015 use this is disappointing...

Game Mode.

All 

(e.g. Game Mode > Track > Team / Driver > Camera view > Lap)

Every time in car

100%

Logitech Wingman Formula Force (using Saitek FF driver) 

For players on PC, then also be sure to identify:

System Spec.
DXdiag link http://www.martingranberg.se/DxDiag.txt

This bug was fixed in todays (august 20th) patch, great - thanks :)

Bug Report Form

I had the game working reasonably well until the patch of 31/07. Then this controller issue broke my game. Never got fixed. After Patch of August 20th, still no change. PLEASE FIX THIS. I don't understand why my controllers are working perfectly fine with F1 2014 & 2013, but not this game.

The bug I am seeing is, I go into the controls, press f1 to create/edit my joystick and pedal profile. I select the accelerator and press enter key then push on pedal as directed. Game sees this as "AXIS Y+". which worked fine prior to latest patch. Once I get to track my car is about half to 3/4 throttle and I am not pressing any pedal or button!! I go back to control setting and find the accelerate axis has reset itself to "AXIS Y-". No matter what I do, (ie: reverse axis, etc.) this keeps happening making game to be completely unplayable now.

Game Mode.

All modes 

(e.g. Game Mode > Track > Team / Driver > Camera view > Lap)

Game Mode - Time Trial.  Track: Melbourne. Team - Merc/Rosberg. Camera - T. Lap - Any.

What were you doing specifically when the issue occurred

Trying to do any sort of race. Constant issue

100%

(Team / Driver, Track, Conditions)

Apprpx 17 hours. Since release day

Logitech Pro-Pedals. Saitek X-55 joystick. (this setup works with past F1 releases)

Lozzy said:

Hi hobbsy777,

Thanks.

Hi Lozzy, thanks for replying. I have sent you my dxdiag text file via PM. Please confirm that you received it.

To update you on this issue, following installation of today's latest PC patch, I now have the following occurrence:

On first start or restart of my PC, when starting a session and on leaving the pits, my throttle and brakes are hyper sensitive causing lockups and wheel spin with a distinct pull, usually to the left on the steering and it will not clear until I reconfirm my throttle, brakes and steering axis's in my custom wheel setup. This problem does not just disappear after driving for a while as it did before 20/08/15 patch.

As a workaround I now go through the axis reconfirmation process prior to leaving the garage for my first session.

Note: Once this workaround clears the issue, there is no re occurrence "unless I restart my PC". I can exit and re enter the game with no issue.

Notwithstanding the above issue, thank you for today's Patch. A positive step in the right direction. Keep em cumin. 

Still the same issue that has been unaddressed.

Start the game with G27 plugged in, I get no better than 38 FPS with the FPS gradually dropping lap by lap down to between 10-22 FPS. Unplug my wheel revert to keyboard, it jumps up to a staggering 82 FPS!!! Plug the wheel back in, straight back down to 10-22 FPS.

If I start the game with the wheel unplugged and plug it in AFTER a session loads the game still recognizes the keyboard input but uses the wheel. It starts at 82 FPS and decreases lap by lap. After 4 laps it's back down to 10-22 FPS. Every update, nothing fixes it. I know of other people that have this issue also. While I can fully understand that the team may be doing their best to solve any and all issues I feel handcuffed here. Why does keyboard work and not a secondary input?

sjb269 said:
Still the same issue that has been unaddressed.

Start the game with G27 plugged in, I get no better than 38 FPS with the FPS gradually dropping lap by lap down to between 10-22 FPS. Unplug my wheel revert to keyboard, it jumps up to a staggering 82 FPS!!! Plug the wheel back in, straight back down to 10-22 FPS.

If I start the game with the wheel unplugged and plug it in AFTER a session loads the game still recognizes the keyboard input but uses the wheel. It starts at 82 FPS and decreases lap by lap. After 4 laps it's back down to 10-22 FPS. Every update, nothing fixes it. I know of other people that have this issue also. While I can fully understand that the team may be doing their best to solve any and all issues I feel handcuffed here. Why does keyboard work and not a secondary input?
Where have you got your G27 USB plugged in?

hobbsy777 said:
Lozzy said:

Hi hobbsy777,

Thanks.

Hi Lozzy, thanks for replying. I have sent you my dxdiag text file via PM. Please confirm that you received it.

To update you on this issue, following installation of today's latest PC patch, I now have the following occurrence:

On first start or restart of my PC, when starting a session and on leaving the pits, my throttle and brakes are hyper sensitive causing lockups and wheel spin with a distinct pull, usually to the left on the steering and it will not clear until I reconfirm my throttle, brakes and steering axis's in my custom wheel setup. This problem does not just disappear after driving for a while as it did before 20/08/15 patch.

As a workaround I now go through the axis reconfirmation process prior to leaving the garage for my first session.

Note: Once this workaround clears the issue, there is no re occurrence "unless I restart my PC". I can exit and re enter the game with no issue.

Notwithstanding the above issue, thank you for today's Patch. A positive step in the right direction. Keep em cumin. 
@Lozzy, did you get this?

Ok so here is a list of what i noticed after the 8/20 patch so far.

Pros:
- The fast lap indicator is back
- Lobby searches are way faster
- Driving options are not delayed anymore (like fuel mix selection)

Cons:
- The game still crashes (a lot) to desktop with steam error 41 (PLEASE FIX THIS!!!)
- Audio speaker icons in online lobbies are not working anymore (if i want to mute someone making noises all i can do is either mute everyone or try to find out who is it by muting one player after another)
- The instant winner bug on race start is still present (multiplayer)
- Note that this happened to me only once, i joined an online lobby but couldn't see the ready button, so i thought that could be because they were already racing so i waited for the race to end. Then i saw a track change but still couldn't join the race. I had rejoin in order to fix the problem.
- Being kicked from session right after green lights (happened once)
- Kicking someone is impossible since the player nick is not shown during the vote (the nickname is replaced by a "-").

Guys i really appreciate all the efforts you're putting to fix this mess, but to me is unacceptable that this game is still totally unplayable after 3 patches in a row.

New 2 patch's installed and noticed the Bug still not fixed for controller
Selected Xbox Controller went into game, came out pits and car just stopped rev's was going but car
was not going anywhere, Went into options selected custom, select option for Rev's and selected what was already selected as default then went back into game and car started to move.
I thought this bug was supposed to been fixed ?

Is it possible can you please add options for you able to turn off Motion Blurr if you don't want it as it makes the graphics looked washed out.
Also can you please add option like in previous f1 games to change gamma in game as its missing
in graphics options.

FPS drop problems have gone now with latest AMD Drivers

hi,

still have big issues with blue flag (lore than before the ptch) all cars stuck behind a broken car.

I was 15 sec behind rosberg and hamilton when i found myself at 2 sec. A accidented car block the way of several cars (they were like a litle train) and rosberg/hamilton were stuck behind.

2 laps before i was able to pass raikonen with the same issue, he was tuck behind an accidented car.

legend 25% - Interlagos - ferrari/vettel.

T300RS ferrari F1 wheel - CSP pedals.

Launched Steam today and received the latest 21/08/2015 "small" patch.

New Bugs:
1- Ferrari's steering wheel "animation" stuck to the left and "shaking" upon entering Spa-Francorschamp's pit lane every single time (it was not happening before the 20/08/2015 and 21/08/2015 patches). No matter if PIT assist ON or OFF. Extremely un-realistic in cockpit-view cam racing.

2- Windows 10 session crashed to BLACK SCREEN after QUIT GAME option was selected. Had to press the ON/OFF button for 8 seconds to turn the PC off and reboot. (ALL DRIVERS UPDATED, including BIOS and VBIOS for NVIDIA GTX 860M).

NOTE: started the game once more and Bug 2 did not happen. Windows 10 (x64) session returned 2 normal.