Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[PC] F1 2015 Bugs and Issues

Tried to play multiplayer today with a group of 16 people. After quitting and creating a new lobby 4 or 5 times, I just gave up because no matter how many times we created a new lobby, there were always a few people (seemingly random) who could not create or load setups because of "parc ferme" regardless of whether it was set to on or off in the lobby settings. In essence, there are two issues:

1. Turning parc ferme off does not actually turn it off.
2. The parc ferme rules do not work correctly, and lock the setup before you have even had a chance to edit it or leave the garage in qualifying.

Here is a picture of the message that comes up. I took this photo when I had only just loaded into a brand new short qualifying session, before I had ever left the garage. My setup was already locked before I could even enter a setup. The game loaded, I immediately pressed Y for setup and this message was already there.

PC version.

This has been posted before I think, but has not been fixed in patches. If the time gap between you and the car behind is 5 seconds or more, the display never shows it.

I still can't complete a single race without the game crashing on me, seems like every attempt to try and find an answer or make contact is being ignored...

fearLesss said:
I still can't complete a single race without the game crashing on me, seems like every attempt to try and find an answer or make contact is being ignored..
Are you serious? What exactly happens when you crash?

hobbsy777 said:
fearLesss said:
I still can't complete a single race without the game crashing on me, seems like every attempt to try and find an answer or make contact is being ignored..
Are you serious? What exactly happens when you crash?
He is probably experiencing my exact same issue with this game. Practically what happens is the game freezes for around a second (audio stops as well) and after that freeze the game runs smoothly for like 5-7 seconds and then it finally crashes to desktop with error 41. 

edit: here it is my crashdump
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c7p5k1q983r177k/crash_dump%2376561197968165498.zip?dl=0

I made a video as well, hope this helps you to find out a cause for this more easily

Summary / Description of the Issue.
Since release, I cannot use my wheel/pedals in the game because all 4 wheels lock up as soon as I touch the brakes. It doesn't matter if I brake hard or softly. My brake pedal might as well be an on/off switch because it makes no difference whether I brake 10% or 100%, it's an instant lockup either way.

Here is a video of me doing a lap of Spa on a controller and then with my wheel/pedals. The wheel lap starts at 1:58.

In this video I was frequently hitting 100% braking on the pad whereas on my pedals I never pushed further than about 50-60%.

In fact, when I come into heavy braking zones like La Source or the Bus Stop on controller I can very easily depress the left trigger fully to 100% braking without locking up (obviously then releasing it as I slow down and the downforce bleeds off) but on my pedals it's just massive lockups every corner even though I'm braking FAR more delicately than on the controller - too delicately. I have thousands of hours in racing sims with a wheel so I'm MUCH MUCH better at modulating a brake pedal with my foot than a trigger on a controller (haven't played a racing game with a controller since Forza 2) so this is very obviously some kind of input issue. At a guess I'd say the game is not actually reading the full range of my pedal, so when I have only pressed the pedal down very slightly the game is already reading it as 100% or something like that.

Game Mode.

Any

The Steps to Reproduce The Issue.
Use Fanatec Clubsport V2 pedals via USB with a G27, select the G27 preset and then edit to a custom mapping so you can remap the throttle & brake to the Fanatec pedals.

Alternatively, select the Fanatec USB Pedals preset and then do a custom mapping to add steering etc. I actually still have to remap throttle/brake on this preset also because the default axes for throttle/brake are NOT the same as what the game actually identifies my pedals as.

What were you doing specifically when the issue occurred?
I was trying to drive.

What is the Frequency of the issue?

All the time.

What controller / wheel were you using?

Logitech G27 wheel

Fanatec Clubsport V2 pedals.

Tried it on both Windows 8.1 and Windows 7, no difference.

Lozzy said:

Hi hobbsy777,

No I am not a community manager, I am an F1 dev. Could you please share up for dxdiag for me and I will pass it on to the right people.

Has anyone else experienced what hobbsy777 is describing?

Thanks.

For your info, since Patch 20/08/15 I have now developed another problem, during Practice/Quali/Race, I now experience random rpm drop i.e. the car starts to back off from full throttle such that I have to shift down. After a second or so it goes back to normal. 

Note:This occur's in Quik Race and Champinship sessions, not in TT.

hobbsy777 said:
sjb269 said:
Still the same issue that has been unaddressed.

Start the game with G27 plugged in, I get no better than 38 FPS with the FPS gradually dropping lap by lap down to between 10-22 FPS. Unplug my wheel revert to keyboard, it jumps up to a staggering 82 FPS!!! Plug the wheel back in, straight back down to 10-22 FPS.

If I start the game with the wheel unplugged and plug it in AFTER a session loads the game still recognizes the keyboard input but uses the wheel. It starts at 82 FPS and decreases lap by lap. After 4 laps it's back down to 10-22 FPS. Every update, nothing fixes it. I know of other people that have this issue also. While I can fully understand that the team may be doing their best to solve any and all issues I feel handcuffed here. Why does keyboard work and not a secondary input?
Where have you got your G27 USB plugged in?
Any and all. I've used all 6 USB & 2 USB 3.0 rear ports directly connected to the board, all 4 ports on the front plugged in to the board and even tried everything with a USB extension cable to make sure that wasn't the problem. I get the same issue no matter what. Unplug the wheel, everything fixes itself. Plug it back in, lag city.

AI Pitting on Final Lap and Stange Pitstops

Have just completed a race in Silverstone in Quick Race mode. During  the race my engineer requested that I pit on numerous occasions, none of which made an strategic sense - my tires were not worn and there was no change in the weather. On the final lap I noticed that a large number of the AI came into the pits.

Restarting a race can result in incorrect tyre choices as the image below shows! I restarted this game again and again, but the weather remained rainy, and the tyres options. In the end I raced anyway (very slowly), and came into the pits along with the rest of the AI at the first opportunity.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=C6690C57384A4C6F!408&authkey=!AEswqwf80jSlyZc&ithint=file%2cjpg

Platform PC
All Instances
Problem; Graphic/Screen resolution settings not saving? The last time the config setting was updated by game was 13 Jul?

I had a problem in a free practice session. I saved the session and left when I went back most cars had been disqualified with no explanation.

http://prntscr.com/8azp7o

Still experiencing bugs in multiplayer (PC).

1. In the Standard Hopper while in a race on the last lap, the screen will go black and we suddenly get a message that the race we were spectating (?) is no longer available and then everyone gets kicked back to the lobby. Then the lobby start timer will begin with the same track we just got kicked from. If the players do not skip this track then when the track loads again and everyone is synced, the game will declare whomever is in 1st the winner instantly at the same time the race is started and the race end timer will begin even though everyone has just started. Then when the timer ends everyone again gets kicked back to the lobby. At this point this lobby will be completely broken as the next race timer will never start even if tracks are skipped so everyone has to leave and hope they can find a new lobby. This bug is breaking up some very full lobbies!

2. What is the point of having a vote to kick feature if the game doesn't show who is being voted on???

Deadzone bug seems to be back. Since the last patch (27.08.2015) I have a big deadzone on the accelerator- as well as on the brake-pedal .
Game Mode.
Any
Use Fanatec Clubsport V2 pedals via USB with a Fanatec GT3RS V2, select the GT3RSpreset and then edit to a custom mapping so you can remap the throttle and brake to the Fanatec pedals.
Alternatively, select the Fanatec USB Pedals preset and then do a custom mapping to add steering etc. I actually still have to remap throttle/brake on this preset also because the default axes for throttle/brake are NOT the same as what the game actually identifies my pedals as.
I was trying to drive.
All the time.
Fanatec GT3RS V2 (connectec to USB 3.0)
Fanatec Clubsport V2 pedals (connectec to USB 3.0)
Windows 10

Bug Report Form

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes, (twice occurence actually), an AI pilot will enter an impossible qualifying time.

Screenshot :

Game Mode.

Championship season (Qualify round 2) 

Impossible to reproduce. It happens that's all.

Driving my car

Very little

Your recent history of races.
(Mercedes / Hamilton, Melbourne, Dry)

How long was your current session?
(25 mins)

(Logitech F710)

For players on PC, then also be sure to identify:

System Spec.
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3110M CPU @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Operating System: Windows 10 Famille 64-bit (10.0, Build 10240) (10240.th1.150819-1946)

Graphic Chipset : Geforce 710M

Which graphics preset were you using?
1366x768. Settings optimized by Geforce Experience.(==> For me : lowest possible)

FatnSlo said:
Still experiencing bugs in multiplayer (PC).

1. In the Standard Hopper while in a race on the last lap, the screen will go black and we suddenly get a message that the race we were spectating (?) is no longer available and then everyone gets kicked back to the lobby. Then the lobby start timer will begin with the same track we just got kicked from. If the players do not skip this track then when the track loads again and everyone is synced, the game will declare whomever is in 1st the winner instantly at the same time the race is started and the race end timer will begin even though everyone has just started. Then when the timer ends everyone again gets kicked back to the lobby. At this point this lobby will be completely broken as the next race timer will never start even if tracks are skipped so everyone has to leave and hope they can find a new lobby. This bug is breaking up some very full lobbies!

2. What is the point of having a vote to kick feature if the game doesn't show who is being voted on???

Concerning the instant winner bug in the Standard hopper (PC), I have since found that skipping the effected track does not get rid of this problem. Last night we skipped a track that got the instant winner bug and the lobby was still broken.

POST-PATCH FRAME-RATE ISSUES....

Monza (Private lobby with a friend, rest AI) - P and Q sessions 60 fps, but race day gave 15-40 fps, mostly around 32 fps. No issues in offline races. 

I finished a career race at Austria. As I cross the line my game crashes... Go back and nothing saved meaning I have to redo the race. 
Platform: PC
Graphics: High preset
i5-3570k, 8gb ram, gtx 670 2gb, windows 7 64 bit.

Setting the online voice communication to "push to talk" breaks the audio icons of the other players, that is they won't blink if someone is talking, unless you push down the activation button.
Game Mode.
Any multiplayer mode (both lobbies and in-game)
Bind a button for voice comms through the commands dialog, then change the option to enable push to talk only and then join any lobby. If someone is talking you can't see who is it unless you push down the activation button

Many bugs while using a custom controller.

No FFB while using a custom controller like an Accuforce wheel

Game Mode.

All

There is no FFB all the time. Just basic rumble when you hit the kerb.

The custom controller profile will become corrupted if the controller order changes in windows. This happens when you restart your PC or if you plug in or remove a controller while not in the game.

When you start a race after the controller order has changed for any reason the control bindings will be corrupted. They we either use the wrong controller or listen for a axis on all controllers instead of just the one you have selected.

Very reproducible. I have recorded a video showing how to replicate the problem.

With the lack of FFB on a custom controller it happens all the time. This is because it is treating the custom controller as something like a gamepad or Xbox controller. You need to add a controller type override like Dirt Rally just added or like the earlier F1 games had.

It happens as soon as you start a race. 

SimXperience Accuforce wheel

DSD Wilwood pedals

A lot of other DSD shifters and button boxes.

Notes

I wrote a guide on how to get the Accuforce going with F1 2015 here http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/22981/accuforce-and-non-supported-wheel-fix

It was the same sort of guide that I had to write to get the Accuforce going in Dirt Rally. I think you need to bind the controls to the hardware ID instead of the controller order and you need to add a manual override for the controller type so we can force custom controllers to be detected as a wheel.

I recorded a video showing the different bugs in the controller support and how to work around each of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqpuVliqww0

I was doing a 25% distance race in the Circuit of the Americas and while I was making the turn 18 of that circuit (I don’t remember the lap), my car suddenly resets to the track, making me lose all the speed.

Game Mode.

Quick Race – 60 minute practice/full qualifying/25% race distance   

Quick Race > USA> Lotus / Maldonado > TV POD > unsure of no of laps

The issue occured at the turn 18 of the Circuit of the Americas in the USA. I was making that turn (18) and suddenly my car resets to the track so to speak.

I have only seen it once for now.

Lotus / Maldonado, USA, Dry

More or less an hour I think.

Sony PlayStation DualShock 3

For players on PC, then also be sure to identify:

System Spec.
AMD FX-6300, Radeon R9 285 Strix OC 2GB, 8GB RAM, Sony PlayStation Dualshock 3 controller

Medium preset with weather effects and vehicle reflections on high

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H00gqFTzXWI&feature=youtu.be 

Everything except the HUD turns black while driving. 

Game Mode.

So far every game mode while driving.

Will happen while driving. Anytime. Everywhere.

Driving.

EVERY race after at least a couple laps.

Mercedes / Rosberg, Bahrain, Dry

5 Minutes

XBOX One Controller

System Spec.
Win 10 Pro 64-bit
i7-3770K,
ASUS Z77 Sabertooth
16GB DDR3-2133 RAM
GTX 980

AO: High
AF: 16x
AA: SMAA+TAA
Char. Quality: High
Crowd: High
Display Mode: Full-screen
Env. Quality: High
Ground Cover: Ultra High
Light Quality: High
Particles: Ultra High
Post-process: High
Res.: 2560x1440
Shadows: Ultra High
Skidmarks: High
Smoke Shadows: High
Vehicle Quality: High
Vehicle Reflections: Ultra High
Weather Effects: High

EDIT:

After a long night of testing I noticed that this will ONLY happen if TAA or SMAA+TAA is on. AA off or just SMAA works perfectly fine but as soon as I turn TAA on and drive a bit - black screen.