DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[PC] F1 2015 Bugs and Issues

RESTARTING RACES IN CHAMPIONSHIP/QUICKRACE SETS FIRST PITSTOP TO LAP 1

This seems to happen a lot of the time when I restart a race. The suggested first pitstop is Lap 1.
I then have to ignore the engineer asking me to pit until my tyres have degraded to a point where a pitstop is sensible.
Last time this happened was in Mexico during a championship season, hard mode, driving Ferrari as Raikkonen. I use an Xbox 360 controller on PC.
Other than this I am loving the game!

Summary / Description of the Issue.
Since the latest patch, custom control settings don't stick, specifically for button assignments on the wheel (G27)

Game Mode.

Only tried Time Trial

The Steps to Reproduce The Issue.

1. Start TT

2. Go into the control section to select a custom setup

3. Press escape to back out

4. Go into control section again and it's showing keyboard instead of custom and DRS assignment is lost

What were you doing specifically when the issue occurred?

Just trying to set TT times, noticed DRS wasn't enabling.

What is the Frequency of the issue?

Every time I play since the latest patch (16/09/15). Prior to this patch, I had no problems with the game keeping custom settings.

Your recent history of races.
Mercedes TT only

How long was your current session?
A few minutes

What controller / wheel were you using?

Logitech G27 wheel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

For players on PC, then also be sure to identify:

System Spec.
Intel 4770 cpu, GTX 670, 8GB RAM, OCZ SSD hard drive, G27 wheel

Which graphics preset were you using?
Should be irrelevant (High preset with 1 or 2 items lowered)

lordp said:

Since the latest patch, custom control settings don't stick, specifically for button assignments on the wheel (G27)

Game Mode.

Only tried Time Trial

1. Start TT

4. Go into control section again and it's showing keyboard instead of custom and DRS assignment is lost

Every time I play since the latest patch (16/09/15). Prior to this patch, I had no problems with the game keeping custom settings.

Mercedes TT only

A few minutes

Logitech G27 wheel

System Spec.

Please add me to that list, Exactly the same issue with the same wheel.

hobbsy777 said:
lordp said:

Game Mode.

Only tried Time Trial

1. Start TT

Mercedes TT only

A few minutes

Logitech G27 wheel

System Spec.

Please add me to that list, Exactly the same issue with the same wheel.
Edit: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/24813/another-pc-patch-another-bug-unbelievable#latest

Since the latest patch, shortly after starting a quick race my Gaspedal recallibrates. Maximal value of gas applied to the game is then about 91%

Game Mode.

Only tried Quick Race, Singapore, different cars (Manor and Force India)

1. Start Quick Race

2. Drive at least one lap. In Singapor the effect Shows up after the first 3 Corners

Driving.

Every time I play since the latest patch (16/09/15).

TT, QR, different cars, all tracks

Exactly one lap in Singapore

Fanatec Porsche GT3RS V2
Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V2

System Spec.
Intel 4770s CPU, GTX 980, 16GB RAM

Highest.

This is how my Control Panel looks like after the first 3 Corners in singapore. The physical pedal is fully depressed.

Here's a photo showing the Maximum value applied to the game after the first 3 Corners, physical pedal is again fully depressed. App used is DashMeterPro, latest Version.

Did a cross-check with pCars and Assetto Corsa. The Gaspedal did not Show this issue there. So I would say this is NOT a Driver related issue.

Another mid-session save bug.

If running on a wet track and saving, when you come back no cars have their rear light flashing until you or AI go into pits again.

Did a cross-check with pCars and Assetto Corsa. The Gaspedal did not Show this issue there. So I would say this is NOT a Driver related issue.

Are you sure it is the game? Have you played Pcars or AC for a decent amount of time to see if this issue crops up with those games as well? I have the CSP V1's which use the same electronics as the V2's do and I had this same issue with the throttle. I would check the control panel before I played any game and it would show 100%. But after playing a game for awhile it would drop to like 90%.  The problem was not the games. It was the sensors Fanatec uses on the throttle and clutch. So I switched the clutch and throttle sensors and it worked fine for awhile. Eventually I had to buy new pedal sensors from Fanatec.

Already Changed the Sensors and the Mainboard about 2 months ago.
And yes, the Problem only occurs in F1-2015. Played pCars about 2 hours and AC about 90 Minuten.

Quick update to my gas-pedal Problem. It is solved! The Saitek / MadCatz beta Driver for my X52Pro was the cause. To be precise it was the Display Driver for the Display in the throttle. I already informed Saitek / MadCatz about this issue.

Hey guys,

I just got F1 2015 and it keeps crashing to the desktop without any error messages. Sometimes it happens while starting the game and sometimes during a race, it varies. 

PC specs:
Athlon 860K 3.7GHz
MSI R9 380 2GB (driver version 15.7.1)
8GB RAM
Windows 10 64Bit

I know it's not the best PC but it meets the minimum requierements and I can play on the medium preset just fine if it wouldn't be for the crashes.
Can someone help me identify the problem? :)

Greetings

@GPKing 
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/27293/closing-to-desktop-completing-installation-1
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/27266/pc-steam-error-41-is-still-there-and-it-makes-me-unable-to-properly-play-the-game

here you will find other people with the same problem as yours. We can't do nothing about it as you can see (we tried literally everything we could) the only chance we have is to get the needed attention from CM. If you know about other friends with the same problem let them complain here.

D4rio said:
@GPKing 
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/27293/closing-to-desktop-completing-installation-1
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/27266/pc-steam-error-41-is-still-there-and-it-makes-me-unable-to-properly-play-the-game

here you will find other people with the same problem as yours. We can't do nothing about it as you can see (we tried literally everything we could) the only chance we have is to get the needed attention from CM. If you know about other friends with the same problem let them complain here.
Hm I see. By the way I now get error 41 as well along the error "Steam servers are too busy". Seems like a common issue :/

Hi guys,

I was wondering if you could help out with the issues I was having playing the game on my PC and whether it was an issue many people were having, or if its just me and I can do something about it to fix it, cheers.

Summary / Description of the Issue. - Game flickers and lags while playing, this only occurs however while using a Xbox 360 controller. I have used the keyboard and game works fine.

Game Mode. -All game modes     

The Steps to Reproduce The Issue. - Start racing in any mode

What were you doing specifically when the issue occurred? - I had just started playing it for the first time.

What is the Frequency of the issue? - it has happened everytime I have played the game.

Your recent history of races - none, i havent got that far yet

How long was your current session? - less than 5 minutes

What controller / wheel were you using? - standard black official Xbox 360 controller

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!

Jamie

Game crashes after race is finished with steam servers too busy error

Game Mode.

50% championship race at Bahrain  

After the race is finished and the results are shown, press Enter and the game crashes

Nothing special

Rare. This is the second time it happened since game launch

Ferrari, KIMI RÄIKKÖNEN

An hour

Thrustmaster T300 GTE

System Spec.

Intel Core i7-3770K, 16 GB memory, NVIDIA GTX 660 Ti, Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64 bit

Recommended by NVIDIA GeForce Experience

Jamala13 said:

Hi guys,

I was wondering if you could help out with the issues I was having playing the game on my PC and whether it was an issue many people were having, or if its just me and I can do something about it to fix it, cheers.

Summary / Description of the Issue. - Game flickers and lags while playing, this only occurs however while using a Xbox 360 controller. I have used the keyboard and game works fine.

Game Mode. -All game modes     

The Steps to Reproduce The Issue. - Start racing in any mode

What were you doing specifically when the issue occurred? - I had just started playing it for the first time.

What is the Frequency of the issue? - it has happened everytime I have played the game.

Your recent history of races - none, i havent got that far yet

How long was your current session? - less than 5 minutes

What controller / wheel were you using? - standard black official Xbox 360 controller

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!

Jamie

In my league many drivers have problems with F1 2015 in combination with the new Nvidia drivers. Last driver that works pretty well is version 355.60, download it here: http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-uk It would be nice if Codemasters check this problem out, it cant be the case that if you start your race it gets under 30 FPS=unplayable, normally you get at least 60 FPS. @LiteralZero @Dnote

Today we star our f1 2015 league but at the start  of race...the knowing bugs aappear again....like this please watch video 
https://youtu.be/-yfxcRYLmu4

When do we get the next update ?
Multiplayer season is blocked on Syngapore Grand Prix....

When do we get the next update ?
Multiplayer season is blocked on Syngapore Grand Prix....

When I try to launch the game with my Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Clutch Wheel,
the game won't launch, it gives me a black screen for 4-5 seconds and the close.
If I disconnect the wheel, the game starts.
I have tested the wheel with other games (Grid & Grid2) works perfect.

@CrazydaneRF that's odd that it crashes so quickly with the wheel plugged in because I would expect after four seconds we were still just loading core engine code and data. Anyway, I would suggest you make sure you have the latest driver for the wheel, Grid and Grid 2 are a bit older so might be okay with an older one. Let me know if that helps or not.

Hi Lozzy,

I have the latest drivers for the wheel :(
I have sent you my DxDiag.txt so hopefully it will show something.

Robert

@Lozzy Come on start fixing those bugs, it ruins races!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30nStc6pdl8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dOR86Gf1kQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w31VwVC_mhc&feature=youtu.be

I am experiencing massive frame rate/frame stuttering issues in F1 2015. My PC has very gd specs and should be able to run this game solidly.

The frame rate issue is a persistent stutter of frames. The frames are really low. I have updated my graphics drivers(v359.00) and the problem persists.  I have a gtx 980.

A benchmark test revealed fps averaging at about 12 frames on default max settings.

When I lowered my graphical settings (something which I shouldn't have to do as this computer should be able to handle this game) and ran another test it came out to about 22 fps average which is shocking.

I really want to be able to play this game. I read reviews complaining about these issue but did not expect them to be this bad. Please help :(. I have no idea how to fix this.

Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_ltsb.151014-0600)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Alienware
       System Model: Alienware Area-51 R2
               BIOS: A01
          Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
             Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16272MB RAM
          Page File: 2241MB used, 30414MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
   User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
 System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
     DxDiag Version: 6.03.9600.17415 64bit Unicode