DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[PC] F1 2015 Bugs and Issues

Please use this post to post issue and bugs specific to the PC version of the game. Please try and be as specific as possible with your problems, with images/video is applicable.

Please read the previous replies before commenting so we don't end up with duplicate answers.

Please do not use this thread for gameplay discussion or suggestions. This thread is for bugs and issues only. 

How to Report a Bug

To report a bug we’re asking that you copy and paste the Report Form (below) into this thread.

Please be sure to give it a clear and descriptive answer.

Bug Report Form

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Summary / Description of the Issue.
(A brief explanation/summary of the problem you encountered)

Game Mode.

(Identify the game mode(s).  Is it only on a specific game mode or all of them?)     

The Steps to Reproduce The Issue.
(e.g. Game Mode > Track > Team / Driver > Camera view > Lap)

What were you doing specifically when the issue occurred?
(How and where did it happen?  Are there any specific steps followed when the issue occurred?)

What is the Frequency of the issue?

(Has it been seen only once or is it reproducible?)

Your recent history of races.
(Team / Driver, Track, Conditions)

How long was your current session?
(How long had you been playing for roughly?)

What controller / wheel were you using?

(Give the Manufacturer and Model of the controller used)

Online / Multiplayer (only applicable if the problem occurred during online play) identify the following:

What is your internet connection speed? – http://www.speedtest.net/

Which internet service provider are you with?

Do you have a wired or wireless connection?

How many people do you estimate were in the session?

Did you note any AI in the race?

Did anyone leave or join the race?

Did the host migrate during the race?

For players on PC, then also be sure to identify:

System Spec.
(Give as much info about your PC as possible. Provide a DXDiag if you can.)

Which graphics preset were you using?
(You can view this in game from the main menu)

In addition to this (and if reporting a graphical bug) please include a screenshot, to take one simply press F12 at any time while playing the game.

Sorry... your title says (PC) F1 2015 bugs etc then in the post you say "post specific issues relating to PlayStation 4 version".. please explain.

If this is the "PC" complaints section ..I have one for you.

Pro mode... All assists are on by default and can not be changed.
When driving out of the pits (Melbourne) you do not get control of the car until your almost mid way into the first corner and by then it's too late to control the car around the corner. Force feedback also does not kick in for another 500meters or so..

Sorry... your title says (PC) F1 2015 bugs etc then in the post you say "post specific issues relating to PlayStation 4 version".. please explain.
Whoops! My apologies. 

Edited now. 

The game constantly goes into windowed mode after a few minutes. Tried everything. My wheel loose connection to the game when in windowed mode and becomes unplayable.

Gear freezes in 2nd when exiting pits.
team mates pit in the same time.
No vocal communications.
We loose the mapping of the wheel (multi devices only ?) sometimes.

It's sad because it's a real good game with good possibilities in strategy races.

On triple screen, 5760x1080, the aspect ratio of the pit LIVE TV FEED monitor screen is totally wrong on all cameras and looks squashed up and awful. Screenshots below are of the centre 1920x1080 screen. Effect is the same in both full screen and windowed modes. Please fix as this is a really nice new feature, but completely unusable in triple screen. Thank you.
System is i7 4770K, GTX970, 16MB RAM, 3x1920x1080 monitors

1.  Massive Sync issues in multiplayer - worse than F1 2010 - 2014 by miles.
2.  No option to create a Private Session where drivers can only join with an invite or password, meaning lots of random people from our friends list can join (no good for leagues)
3.  No Push to Talk and Disable Voice Comms options which results in having to endure constant live microphones during races.

The steering is terrible when a 360 controller is being used. That car goes all over the place! When the car is stationary, if you turn the wheel (pressing d-pad/analogue stick) left or right it doesn't stay turned to the side you're holding.

Sort of touched on by OP but cannot use separate USB wheel and pedals. treats both as one device so when doing custom mapping and assign accelerator (x axis-) it un-assigns from steer right which uses x axis - by default.

Using Fanatec CSW V2 and HPP Precision pedals (similar thing happens when connection Fanatec V2 pedals via USB as well but it the brake mapping that gets changed)

with thrustmaster t500 f1 pedals have giant deadzone. so i can't accelerate gradually.

when the multiplayer finds a multiplayer session, it just sends me back to the multiplayer menu and doesn't proceed to the lobby.

1. When returning to game from replay, you cannot steer for about three seconds (G25).
  2. Screen goes black during race but game does not freeze; sounds are still there (Geforce Drivers 353.30)
  3. Random stutters during race for about one second; happens only once per race

Logite4ch F510/F710 Controller doesn´t work right. it sometimes steers, when nothing is done, and steering is delayed!
Also the Controller Settings can´t be saved. Sometimes F1 2015 just crashes out of nowhere, before training starts, when the commentators speak.
Sometimes there´s even a bluescreen! Haven´t seen those since Win. XP :neutral: 

Bugs/Glitchs
-Too easy to cut a corner;
-You can race across the grass or off the track and you does not lose speed or traction, ridiculous;
-Sensitivity of damage: When i started to play it was good, (realistic damage), it was like a real racing f1 game, where  you can't touch and ram off people and you could easily lose your wing, but now even if you hit a wall nothing happens, you don't lost you wing so easily. So fix it. (in realistic damage at least, now if people wanna kill each other or touch others cars from behind to overtake or use their cars as a wall they can play with "damage reduced");
-When you are only watching you can't change cameras to see the driver you want (online);
-You watch people driving on tv but it's the AI driving;
-Players losing speed (its like people became an AI) and times/positions all wrong, you doesn't know who are the  first placed or any position);
-And many others (speacilly in online multiplayer) that i know many people talked about.

Request

-Lobbies back, please. Or at least let us to configure to "public".  The new multiplayer is ridicolous, you did already it in grid 2 and had to add with patch the lobbies again, so let the new multiplayer if people want, but we wanna lobbies back. 

PLEASE READ CODEMASTERS:

I dont know if its a bug, or you guys just fucked the game, but look.

F1 cars: more wing, means more aerodynamic, and that means that you ill fly on corners, but slow on straights., and less wing, less aerdoynamic, that means you ill fly on straight, but slow on corners.

At the game, if you do 1 1 wing you ill fly not only on straights, but on corners also and that is totally wrong, a shame. And more wings same thing, its wrong, because you dont gain on corners, just make u slow on straight. I did race in cingapura, and in spa yesterday with rain, yes RAIN, and if you do 1 1 wing as i said you ill fly on corners, same or more than 8 8 wing or something (which is the right thing in a circuit like cingapura and RAIN, MORE YET.), 1 1 wing , no aerodynamic in a rain, and cingapura? wtf.. you shouldnt even be able to stay on track, even on straight LOL.And with more wing you should do MUCH better laptimes. 

SO PLEASE, fix it.

In multiplayer mode if you have already selected a driver (say Hamilton) you want him to be your teammate - in other words you want to drive as Rosberg. The game only allows you to replace the number one driver at each team. So I can't compete against Hamilton (as an ai driver) because the game simply doesn't permit. Surely if Hamilton was already listed to be an ai driver it would revert me to being the number 2 driver - but it always replaces the number 1 driver. This has to be a bug or an oversight surely?

I am having a parc ferme bug during qualifying.

In Q1 I was able to adjust my fuel load to 6 laps worth for 3 timed no issue. But in Q2 my fuel is stuck on the load I used in thee Practice session (25kilos)  making me far too slow! I can adjust the slider on the engineers tablet no problem but once I exit out it just resets to the 25 kilos, I have even tried saving the setup with the adjustment to no effect, have even restarted the game and my PC several times no change.

I believe that the xbox360 gamepad preset issues should be looked like a priority.

Many PC users use various gamepads (like for example the Logitech F710) who are detected by windows as xbox360, at this time you can go around the xbox360 preset bug issue where ingame it will leave you sit in the car in the track and unable to move, we go around that issue remaping the conroller buttons, creating a custom controller setting however there is still no way to adjust axis sensitivity/deadzones for throttle/brake/steering who leaves the game near to unplayable with over-sensitivity, we cant also forget the menu button navigation bug where e.g. (when using the gamepad) pressing a button that was meant for you to watch the onboard camera of another car it makes you go to the menu instead, that menu bug is in All the menus of the game, leaving you unable to even change the car setup (when you press to change the car setup you are sent back to the main menu- we cant navigate the car setup menu), we can only use presets for the car... at this time there is no way to go around that, not even remapping our gamepad buttons.....

-During race, I noticed that there are never sparks coming out of ours or the other AI cars engines aswell (Steam PC version)
were those sparks effects only added to the console versions of the game?
I loved those back in F1 2013, and i was happy those effects were back on this year's game on PC.

-Audio: engineer voice is too low, we cant hear it, same goes for our car engine, actually the wind bllow audio effect is way too high, is way exagerated and more audible than the engineer or your own car engine....
When using a headset, we have to manually configure windows to set our audio from 5.1 or 7.1 system (main speakers) to stereo pair of speakers, when the game should automaticly detect when using the headset, like in previous CM F1 titles.
If we dont manually change the settings in Windows Control Panel Audio settings then we wont hear the commentary and other audio as the game will try to make 7.1 on the headset (2) speakers....

As for the AI its way better as is than the previous year, i prefer 1000x the AI like this, even when they hit you from behind than the AI from f1 2014 who were way too passive and didnt fight for their position.. i only ask the devs to modify in the penalty system, when the AI hits us from behind and we have the racing line they should get the collision penalty, not us!

No problems with FPS drops or game craches in my end.

Windows7 Ultimate 64bit (fully updated), Nvidia GTX770 (latest nvidia drivers), 8GB ddr3, i7 2600K 3.40GHz, Samsung SSD Evo 260GB
gamepad Logitech F710

Edit: I havent noticed before, but now i can confirm that after this patch i no longer have steady 60fps (vsync on) on melbourne, now it sometimes drops back to 50 fps. before, i had solid and steady 60 during the whole race time.

from the garage... I chose "drive out" ... pit crew lowered the car, the jack man went to the side but then went back to the front of the car again and I drove through him! ...will play more soon to see if it happens again

Hello,
I have a very big problem with F1 2015.
Even minimal graphic quality, the game only runs at 20 or 30 FPS, while on the same PC, F1 2013 and 2014 run in ultra with 60 FPS.
The game could be very good if this problem was fixed.
I checked that the game worked well with my nvidia card, and that is the case. So I do not see where the problem may come, if it is not an optimization problem.
I expect a correction of this problem quickly.

My graphics card: Nvidia Geforce GT 750M
intel core i7-4702MQ 2.2GHz w / boost 3.2Ghz
8 GB DDR3 Memory L
Windows 8 64 bits
1000 GB HDD
xbox one controller

Please Codemasters, fix it :(  

Original post here: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/8433/very-big-issues-regarding-clubsport-v2-load-cell-braking-basically-it-doesnt#latest

(Read it all it's improtant regarding CSV2 (loadcell) braking. But the TL;DR is, CSV2 registers in config but when you brake nothing happens and there's no sliders to adjust max brake % like other good racing games which cater for higher tech pedals.)

Hi guys/staff (more of a post for the technical staff i suppose, unless someone has some insight on this.

As the title says i am encountering some very big issues with my clubsport V2's and once again only on codies games. It happens in dirt rally, F1 2014, 2013 etc etc. It seems as though the games aren't programmed whatsoever to work with clubsport/load cell pedals atall, possibly due to the throw of the pedal and how it work - i don't know.
Either way i've tweeted @LiteralZero and the F1 game to explain about the issue but whether or not they'll get back i'm not sure, i also tweeted Paul Coleman from the dirt rally game about seeing if they'd get this issue fixed, he said it would be looked in to but unfortunately nothing seems to be done as of yet.

Either way an example i used was using the points between the quick chicane at melbounre and the corner after, to make the corner i have to brake about half way down the straight and that's with engine braking it down to slow the car down; it just doesn't respond to the brake what so ever so keeps on rolling. I mean how amn i meant to play this? I want to play/enjoy the game again (if i can) but thus far it's hard to when the issue comes up once again. The loadcell's not broken, works fine on other games/sims like iRacing, AC, rF2, PCARS you get the jist. If i use the clutch as the brake, no issues what so ever, but i'm not using the clutch, it's weird and feels odd to be a brake as it's so flimsy to push down.

This next point could be very important: on those games i've listed there's pretty much an option to calibrate the pedals properly so it can sort the throw of the pedal out and adjust the % based on how far the throw goes, for example on AC icould press 50% down as that could be maximum as of the loadcell and then move the slider backwards to 50% then that will make the input 100% at the particular point due to the slider being changed. If i can't change the ingame settings for the pedals throw or percentage to get 100% brake i highly doubt this could be resolved; the way i've listed seems the most logic this due to the fact you adjust the amount based on how far you can push down yourself, rather than the game instantly thinking it goes 100%. These pedals aren't a potentiometer brake like the G27 where it's not based on how much force you put down, it's a different way of braking.

If someone could get back to me i'd appreciate it, and if anyone with load cells suffes or doesn't suffer with this issue it'd be helpful if you post here so i know.

I use the loadcell brake on the most responsive cog, which is faced at the 10.

Cheers, Cam

Sort of touched on by OP but cannot use separate USB wheel and pedals. treats both as one device so when doing custom mapping and assign accelerator (x axis-) it un-assigns from steer right which uses x axis - by default.

Using Fanatec CSW V2 and HPP Precision pedals (similar thing happens when connection Fanatec V2 pedals via USB as well but it the brake mapping that gets changed)

Yeam, who knows maybe that's the issue i'm having as well as i  use a separate usb in the in the pc, none the less it's ridiculous :(

rswpt said:
I believe that the xbox360 gamepad preset issues should be looked like a priority.

Many PC users use various gamepads (like for example the Logitech F710) who are detected by windows as xbox360, at this time you can go around the xbox360 preset bug issue where ingame it will leave you sit in the car in the track and unable to move, we go around that issue remaping the conroller buttons, creating a custom controller setting however there is still no way to adjust axis sensitivity/deadzones for throttle/brake/steering who leaves the game near to unplayable with over-sensitivity, we cant also forget the menu button navigation bug where e.g. (when using the gamepad) pressing a button that was meant for you to watch the onboard camera of another car it makes you go to the menu instead, that menu bug is in All the menus of the game, leaving you unable to even change the car setup (when you press to change the car setup you are sent back to the main menu- we cant navigate the car setup menu), we can only use presets for the car... at this time there is no way to go around that, not even remapping our gamepad buttons.....

-During race, I noticed that there are never sparks coming out of ours or the other AI cars engines aswell (Steam PC version)
were those sparks effects only added to the console versions of the game?
I loved those back in F1 2013, and i was happy those effects were back on this year's game on PC.

-Audio: engineer voice is too low, we cant hear it, same goes for our car engine, actually the wind bllow audio effect is way too high, is way exagerated and more audible than the engineer or your own car engine....
When using a headset, we have to manually configure windows to set our audio from 5.1 or 7.1 system (main speakers) to stereo pair of speakers, when the game should automaticly detect when using the headset, like in previous CM F1 titles.
If we dont manually change the settings in Windows Control Panel Audio settings then we wont hear the commentary and other audio as the game will try to make 7.1 on the headset (2) speakers....

As for the AI its way better as is than the previous year, i prefer 1000x the AI like this, even when they hit you from behind than the AI from f1 2014 who were way too passive and didnt fight for their position.. i only ask the devs to modify in the penalty system, when the AI hits us from behind and we have the racing line they should get the collision penalty, not us!

No problems with FPS drops or game craches in my end.

Windows7 Ultimate 64bit (fully updated), Nvidia GTX770 (latest nvidia drivers), 8GB ddr3, i7 2600K 3.40GHz, Samsung SSD Evo 260GB
gamepad Logitech F710

Edit: I havent noticed before, but now i can confirm that after this patch i no longer have steady 60fps (vsync on) on melbourne, now it sometimes drops back to 50 fps. before, i had solid and steady 60 during the whole race time.
I have the F710 .. with the same issue.. Disconnect your controller before launching the game and plug it back, it should fix it.. did the tick for me.

Unfortunately the driving aids like ABS and TCS are too OP. For one it is almost harder to run clean laps without the aids which is okay, but when you are able to run clean laps it is completely impossible to manage laptimes you did with driving aids.
A good example is when you test it on a track where it is important to have a good traction like in Hungary in the rain.
First I managed a solid laptime without driving aids which was good enough for the second place in the leaderboard but when I turn the driving aids on nothing was easier than to drive over one second faster on this short circuit.

That's a huge advantage you get from the driving aids so if you want to drive competitive laptimes in difficult conditions like in the rain you are forced to use it.
Please fix this and make sure that it isn't an advantage when you are using driving aids! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESIbVPaQ7tI

Hallo,

ich habe ein Problem, und ich hoffe das Ihr mir helfen könnt? Seit dem vorletzten Patch habe ich das Problem. Ich bin bis zum ende der Session auf Platz 4. Nachdem ich über die Ziellinie gefahren bin, bin ich auf einmal nur noch 19. Woran könnte das liegen? Denn mit diesem Problem ist das Spiel unspielbar. Leider!!! Ich bitte um eure Hilfe.