F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

F1 2020 copyright on YouTube

Good as I have a YouTube channel where I post old races from the 70s, 80s, 90s and 2000s, but yesterday several races that I posted were blocked (probably by a bot) as if it were F1 2020 gameplay when not really, so could someone who works directly here at Codemasters help me with this please? this screenshot only has one of several races that were blocked yesterday

_01 Monaco 1992.jpg

In the league I now do commentary for I noticed the Brazil videos got taken down for all tiers. Copyright claimed by FOM, alleging we used footage from F1 Pro eSports....even worse, the races we did were nearly A MONTH before the eSports races took place.

This is getting beyond ridiculous now. Codemasters/FOM, do something for heaven's sake.

Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 17.38.47.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 23.25.02.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 23.26.34.png

• Agree 1

I'm having the same issue with SimAM racing and XRL having their races claimed as being part of the pro series.  something needs to be done

• Agree 1

Hi ,

Last year I had 1 of my leagues videos blocked and same message from YouTube  

The video was 3 hrs long but it said it was blocked because of a 1 minute 20 seconds segment almost 2 hours into the video  

All I could find was me actually pressing the rear view button on my wheel, 

I since complained to YouTube and the video was reinstated, 

And I asked serval people in serval departments at YouTube why was the video was not allowed, 

No one could answer this .

So I do think its a automated bot doing this and the email we receive is also automated, 

Hence I don't think it has anything to do with codemasters. 

.apologies 

Edited by senna94f1
Spelling checker cannot spell.

On 26/12/2020 at 8:37 PM, OtakuLogan2017 said:

In the league I now do commentary for I noticed the Brazil videos got taken down for all tiers. Copyright claimed by FOM, alleging we used footage from F1 Pro eSports....even worse, the races we did were nearly A MONTH before the eSports races took place.

This is getting beyond ridiculous now. Codemasters/FOM, do something for heaven's sake.

Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 17.38.47.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 23.25.02.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 23.26.34.png

FOM cannot block a F1 game footage just because the Esports look similar. They are not supposed to do that.

On 2/15/2021 at 5:18 PM, Davi Javarini said:

FOM cannot block a F1 game footage just because the Esports look similar. They are not supposed to do that.

exactly.  it's an absolute joke of a copyright system