Jump to content Jump to content

Neutral when stopped

• 5 months later...
10 hours ago, Pin6all_Wizard said:

Agree.  A Neutral button please.  So can only shift down to 1.

yeah cus irl they have a neutral button which also controls the reverse in most cars. the only issue would be finding a button to map it to on consoles since they're only limited on buttons

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2020 at 3:38 PM, _vickolous_ said:

Make the cars so Neutral can't be selected unless you're not moving at all. I've had a few instances where I've been downshifting aggressively for a tight corner and go into neutral.

The main reason why you can easily go into neutral after an aggressive downshifting is because the game probably does not simulate torque. Torque can limit the gearbox changing depending on its power, and with torque being lacked makes the cars far from being realistic.

6 hours ago, DaviJavarini said:

The main reason why you can easily go into neutral after an aggressive downshifting is because the game probably does not simulate torque. Torque can limit the gearbox changing depending on its power, and with torque being lacked makes the cars far from being realistic.

The main reason why you can easily go into neutral after an aggressive downshifting is because its not locked like it should be , its a F1 gearbox not a motorcycle box of an Electra glide , it absolutely needs to be locked and a reversing  button added or something , going into neutral by accident happens , a F1 gearbox doesn't run 87654321NR. In the way it is in the game. I think in GT5 ????you can choose to lock the box from running into neutral after 1st in the menus.

• Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2020 at 6:38 PM, _vickolous_ said:

Make the cars so Neutral can't be selected unless you're not moving at all. I've had a few instances where I've been downshifting aggressively for a tight corner and go into neutral.

I agree, although I will say sometimes I’ve stuck it in N and shifting back up into 1 (with a bit of gas) does give extra rotation, which is helpful.

But if not realistic, it should be removed.