Sign in to follow this  

75% race distance

75% race distance  

27 members have voted

1. 1. In the old F1 games on ps3 and Xbox 360 you had the option of 75% distance between 50% and 100% for career and online should it make a return?

• Yes
    • No

75% Race Distance would be Amazing, because 1 and 2 pit stop would be equal fast. Everyone knows that in 50% Races 1 pit stop is always better then 2 pit stops. Pre race prediction of 50% Race time is sometimes equal 1 and 2 pit stops, but it is absolutely not equal, because with 2 pit stops you are losing time always behind the cars, so in 50% Races 1 Pit Stop is always faster ... In 75% Race it would be another thing ... of course you are also losing time behind the cars with 2 pit stops, but in overall you have more time to overtake those cars , so 1 and 2 pit stop would be very similar. I am playing with 50% Races, but i hate that when my teammate pitting 2x times, when 1 pit stop is faster by 5 to 10 seconds. It is very game killer for me.

So we need :

• 100% Races 
  • 75% Races 
  • 50% Races 
  • 25% Races
Edited by SabolcSaghmeist
  • Agree 5

19 hours ago, SabolcSaghmeist said:

75% Race Distance would be Amazing, because 1 and 2 pit stop would be equal fast. Everyone knows that in 50% Races 1 pit stop is always better then 2 pit stops. Pre race prediction of 50% Race time is sometimes equal 1 and 2 pit stops, but it is absolutely not equal, because with 2 pit stops you are losing time always behind the cars, so in 50% Races 1 Pit Stop is always faster ... In 75% Race it would be another thing ... of course you are also losing time behind the cars with 2 pit stops, but in overall you have more time to overtake those cars , so 1 and 2 pit stop would be very similar. I am playing with 50% Races, but i hate that when my teammate pitting 2x times, when 1 pit stop is faster by 5 to 10 seconds. It is very game killer for me.

So we need :

• 100% Races 
  • 75% Races 
  • 50% Races 
  • 25% Races

I agree most of the races have 1 stop and the racing is to predicable just like people using 2-8 wings or **** weather system anyway. Hopefully it's something they can add in for the future. Maybe @BarryBL game character and the odd moderator from the forums if possible. 

Edited by Chromatic
  • Agree 1

I would use 75% directly if it would be available. As with 50% it is sometimes tough to correct mistakes when they happen.

There was a post recently about the length of the sessions on the game, I'm sure Barry said that the lengths on the game are what F1 will allow.

They arent allowed to just do whatever they want with the game seems like a lot of hoops and red tape they have to jump through to get stuff done.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, zZ A M P Aa said:

There was a post recently about the length of the sessions on the game, I'm sure Barry said that the lengths on the game are what F1 will allow.

They arent allowed to just do whatever they want with the game seems like a lot of hoops and red tape they have to jump through to get stuff done.

That would be a weird reason. If we had 100% only in the game, because F1 want the game to reflect the real world it would be imaginable. But with 25% and 50% already in the game, it seems more like nobody ask them for 75%.

I believe F1 2011 does

• 1 lap
  • 3 lap
  • 10%
  • 20%
  • 30%
  • 40%
  • 50%
  • 75%
  • 100%

I think one of the biggest reasons for not having this many options is having to test all these modes when any changes are made. There are some problems with scaling in F1 2011 for example 🙂 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, UP100 said:

I believe F1 2011 does

• 1 lap
  • 3 lap
  • 10%
  • 20%
  • 30%
  • 40%
  • 50%
  • 75%
  • 100%

I think one of the biggest reasons for not having this many options is having to test all these modes when any changes are made. There are some problems with scaling in F1 2011 for example 🙂 

Yeah 2011 was bad for that I think they were pushing themselves to far. The exact same problem existed in F1 2012. It had the same scaling problems too. With lesser options available. F1 2012 (video game) - Wikipedia "In career mode players are no longer able to play races of less than 25%"

To me it wouldn't make a difference at this point even if the scaling was still flawed. 

You could have it like this

(25% scaling to 35% distance) 35% Race distance - F1 Chat - Codemasters Community

(50% scaling to 75% distance) as least it would provide an extra option to play around with and also more exciting races with multiple pitstops .

Here's is the 2012 scaling problem in a nutshell

F1 2012: Tyre Wear Scaling Issue + Wet Run Talk - YouTube

Edited by Chromatic

Pushing themselves too far I think is an understatement! Whilst I would enjoy a 75% race option there is so much that is wrong in the game(s) I can't buy them anymore. The bug list was even longer again this year, granted codemasters have made inroads in to squashing them, but the games are seriously flawed at launch and never reach an acceptable level of polish. The yearly launch cycle demands more than can be delivered especially as new features are added. The legacy bugs on top of the new ones are simply unacceptable to me. All I can do is watch the forum and hope one day codemasters get their act together...

Edited by ChasteWand