Jump to content Jump to content

is Bottas overpowered in your game?

For some reason, the drivers skills in MyTeam mode changed significantly in the past couple weeks for me. Bottas gets nearly every pole and wins nearly every race, whether played or simulated. And this is with Red Bull pulling even in terms of car performance. Saw him get crashed/held up in qualifications twice, and both times he came up from 19th place to finish 1st and 3rd. Meanwhile Hamilton, who was previously dominating like real life, is missing podiums and even qualifying poorly.

1 hour ago, gogeta110 said:

For some reason, the drivers skills in MyTeam mode changed significantly in the past couple weeks for me. Bottas gets nearly every pole and wins nearly every race, whether played or simulated. And this is with Red Bull pulling even in terms of car performance. Saw him get crashed/held up in qualifications twice, and both times he came up from 19th place to finish 1st and 3rd. Meanwhile Hamilton, who was previously dominating like real life, is missing podiums and even qualifying poorly.

me too. career and my team, but since patch 1.07 until now.

I remember they removed personnel facility bonuses from AI teams since every driver was getting pretty much max stats. I'm fairly certain either Bottas is still getting those bonuses whereas no one else is, or, its exclusive to the second Mercedes seat getting the bonuses when they shouldn't. I think it's a second Merc sear glitch personally as Vettel is also ahead of Hamilton nearly every race in my file where he's replaced Bottas.

That or the awareness stat is more op than expected. Noticed drivers with lower awareness seem to struggle despite having a high pace stat (Perez seems weak considering he has the 3rd best car, he seems to always get knocked out in q2. Hamilton also, for reasons still unknown has 15 less awareness than Bottas so this might be another potential reason).

3 hours ago, Liaveil said:

I remember they removed personnel facility bonuses from AI teams since every driver was getting pretty much max stats. I'm fairly certain either Bottas is still getting those bonuses whereas no one else is, or, its exclusive to the second Mercedes seat getting the bonuses when they shouldn't. I think it's a second Merc sear glitch personally as Vettel is also ahead of Hamilton nearly every race in my file where he's replaced Bottas.

That or the awareness stat is more op than expected. Noticed drivers with lower awareness seem to struggle despite having a high pace stat (Perez seems weak considering he has the 3rd best car, he seems to always get knocked out in q2. Hamilton also, for reasons still unknown has 15 less awareness than Bottas so this might be another potential reason).

Personnel Facilty bonuses are deleted for every A.I. Teams ... The reason for Bottas domination is his Awareness stat as you said 🙂 A.I. Drivers with high awareness has always good results and they are very stable with expected positions. As you said, Sergio Perez has the 3rd best car on the grid, but he is so bad on qualification and also sometimes on races. So yes, AWARENESS is way too overpowered stat on this game.

Edited by SabolcSaghmeist
  • Agree 1
1 hour ago, AllenB2609 said:

Bottas = too fast
Albon = too fast
Vettel = too fast

No pit-wall tricks in-game, both team drivers get same chance. :classic_tongue:

Just joking, but for Vettel probably in-game Vettel doesn't mind if rear is loose. So he drives like real Vettel would with stable rear end.

Yep, on my Driver Career, Bottas is winning so much and getting pole in pretty much every race that I genuinely considered posting a topic in here a few days ago with the concern that his and Hamilton's code had been accidentally mixed up. It really feels that way.

• Agree 4
On 11/29/2020 at 10:36 PM, gogeta110 said:

It's leclerc that's over powerd in my team . Ferrari have the 3rd fastest car on performance chart just behind me and Merc is 2 ultimate upgrades ahead at least a canny gap . And yet it was Ferrari and Charles I was fighting for the title last season . Honestly it went to the last race I had an 19 point advantage over leclerc . What happend thow is I ended up skipping qusli by mistake . First time o done that as well . Any ways Charles starts 3 rd while. I'm at the back . Leclerc won the race on the last lap while I just managed to get 7th on the lady corner of the lady lap kinds like how Lewis won his title in 08 . But going of the cars performance it should of been Merc fighting for the title . But it wasent it wax Ferrari and leclerc . But his teammate never got 1 podium he was always finishing out side of podium . 

isnt that related to the driver skill level? I think Charles has in my 4th season also 92 OVR and he is leading the championship with a midfield Ferrari, Vettel is 15th I think. However, I like it that way! much more interesting!

I think people complain way too much here about this and that....glad that I am not a game creator, I would have said "well then *peep*off - you will have no new F1 game anymore, I am out,create your own *peep* then, see if you can do it better"

• Disagree 2
7 hours ago, svensenk86 said:

isnt that related to the driver skill level? I think Charles has in my 4th season also 92 OVR and he is leading the championship with a midfield Ferrari, Vettel is 15th I think. However, I like it that way! much more interesting!

I think people complain way too much here about this and that....glad that I am not a game creator, I would have said "well then *peep*off - you will have no new F1 game anymore, I am out,create your own *peep* then, see if you can do it better"

Incorrect. In my career Vettel is often faster than Leclerc outperforming him which doesn't replicate real life. I understand that Leclerc can be much faster and compete for top positions but it should absolutely not be the other way around. 

Edited by AllenB2609

I think in regards to Ferrari it isn't so much their drivers are too fast in game but rather the other teams drivers aren't as fast as they should be. Perez is the biggest example. Despite his pace stat being decent, there is something making him far slower than he should be putting him behind both Ferrari's despite being in a better car. As Sabol said, it's probably the awareness stat, which is the same reason why Bottas is so fast despite a lower pace stat than Hamilton. (Assuming all drivers have indeed had their personnel facility bonuses removed, I still personally feel that Bottas and/or the second Mercedes car needs looking at to make sure they're not getting the bonus still).

I regularly find the Ferrari's are a little higher than they should be but Sainz and Ricciardo generally are ahead of them. However, Norris, Ocon and especially both Racing Point cars are underperforming which is making Ferrari's AI performance look better than it should be. I find Vettel is pretty close to Leclerc in Qualifying but in races Leclerc definitely comes out on top more often. And although Vettel is having a really bad year and his stats could be lower, I feel like they're fine based off his previous form. He's had one rough year but last year he was very even with Leclerc and it probably wouldn't be unrealistic to say he might well perform at his usual level again next season and this year is an anomaly. For that reason I think Vettel is fine in game. If it was a single season game they sure his stats should have been lower.

Honestly though, this is why the game needs to give the player the ability to change driver (and team... would just be adjusting numbers of each of the three chassis, aero and engine categories) stats ourselves, similar to how other sports games do. Would allow us to personalise the game as we see fit and take some pressure off the devs in getting performance updates released, especially when half of the playerbase disagrees with some of the performance changes. I'd have dropped Bottas' awareness and increased Perez's months ago if we could.

• Agree 4
On 12/2/2020 at 3:33 AM, svensenk86 said:

hm... i work at a tech company and our SWEs actually prefer to have user feedback, so they can make the best product possible. if anyone at CM looks at this, I hope thats the takeaway

i think most of us would agree the game rocks. but it would also be more immersive to have a well-balanced sim

• Agree 3

I would think they will give another driver performance update after Abu Dhabi and when they release F2 2020. I imagine (or hope rather) that while adding the new F2 drivers they'll update the stats of the current F2 drivers too so they're not so weak compared to the F1 drivers as well as update the F1 drivers.. Schumacher, Illot, Tsunoda, Zhou and some others should really be at a competitive level, maybe similar to Albon or current Ocon's stats so they can compete at the level of their car.

Though really I think it's only Bottas and Perez that need big changes. Russell will probably get a boost now and maybe Ocon too.
I'd love to know if Bottas is accidently coded to be using Hamilton's AI and vice versa, it just seems like their performances are swapped. If they're not they really just need to lower Bottas' awareness big time and increase Hamilton's and Perez's as it really seems like that is the stat that's swaying these performances the wrong way.