Jump to content Jump to content

is Bottas overpowered in your game?

1 hour ago, julian439 said:

Strange that it works differently than the championship mode. In championship mode Bottas is really slow, Hamilton win 80% of the races, and then sometimes Verstappen wins and Bottas wins only if Verstappen or Hamilton has a DNF

This is why I think the issue is that either Bottas himself or whoever fills the second Mercedes seat is getting the personnel facility bonuses when they shouldn't be. 

Those bonuses would be giving Bottas or Merc number two +10-15 in all stats..

On 11/30/2020 at 12:53 AM, gogeta110 said:

okay thank you for confirming i am not crazy. it feels like an old sports game where the 'awareness' attribute was weighed too heavily or something

Same for me. Valtteri Bottas mostly overpowered hamilton in nearly every Season.
but the strange thing about this is, i had that back in F1 19 and f1 18 as well 😄

2 hours ago, DillarF1 said:

And this is exactly why they should allow us to edit driver ratings, like NBA 2k, Fifa, Madden etc. 

That's probably the issue that teams don't allow it. I mean F1 is only "sport" that I know where teams can decide about rules. :classic_sad:

Edited by XanderSJX
2 hours ago, XanderSJX said:

That's probably the issue that teams don't allow it. I mean F1 is only "sport" that I know where teams can decide about rules. :classic_sad:

Probably. At least it'd require a lot of negotiations I'd say.

I'm sure many of the sports leagues around the world have teams affecting them. For example if the Japanese pro ice hockey teams would disagree with ALIH's rules, they could just start their own league as the league consists of five Japanese teams, two South Korean and one Russian team.

9 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Probably. At least it'd require a lot of negotiations I'd say.

I'm sure many of the sports leagues around the world have teams affecting them. For example if the Japanese pro ice hockey teams would disagree with ALIH's rules, they could just start their own league as the league consists of five Japanese teams, two South Korean and one Russian team.

Agree, you are probably right. I just don't like level of influence teams can get on rules in F1 (especially those "all must agree"). Let's hope that in future they will manage to give us this option. :classic_smile:

• Like 1

In my career (100% race lenght) he scores more poles than Hamilton and he's a God at overtaking: he recovered from 12th to 1st in Spain overtaking all the drivers in front of him one after another and he made at least 6-7 overtakes during the Monaco Gp (!)... this must be a joke...

On 12/3/2020 at 12:09 AM, Liaveil said:

I think in regards to Ferrari it isn't so much their drivers are too fast in game but rather the other teams drivers aren't as fast as they should be. Perez is the biggest example. Despite his pace stat being decent, there is something making him far slower than he should be putting him behind both Ferrari's despite being in a better car. As Sabol said, it's probably the awareness stat, which is the same reason why Bottas is so fast despite a lower pace stat than Hamilton. (Assuming all drivers have indeed had their personnel facility bonuses removed, I still personally feel that Bottas and/or the second Mercedes car needs looking at to make sure they're not getting the bonus still).

I regularly find the Ferrari's are a little higher than they should be but Sainz and Ricciardo generally are ahead of them. However, Norris, Ocon and especially both Racing Point cars are underperforming which is making Ferrari's AI performance look better than it should be. I find Vettel is pretty close to Leclerc in Qualifying but in races Leclerc definitely comes out on top more often. And although Vettel is having a really bad year and his stats could be lower, I feel like they're fine based off his previous form. He's had one rough year but last year he was very even with Leclerc and it probably wouldn't be unrealistic to say he might well perform at his usual level again next season and this year is an anomaly. For that reason I think Vettel is fine in game. If it was a single season game they sure his stats should have been lower.

Honestly though, this is why the game needs to give the player the ability to change driver (and team... would just be adjusting numbers of each of the three chassis, aero and engine categories) stats ourselves, similar to how other sports games do. Would allow us to personalise the game as we see fit and take some pressure off the devs in getting performance updates released, especially when half of the playerbase disagrees with some of the performance changes. I'd have dropped Bottas' awareness and increased Perez's months ago if we could.

This season irl Vettel is his real ability level. It’s about time he was shown up as not some great driver that some think he is.

On 12/10/2020 at 12:13 PM, XanderSJX said:

Tbh, I can't imagine the teams care too much about individual driver ratings. Otherwise Red Bull would kick off over Albon, AT over Gasly, Williams over Latifi etc. 

Team ratings might be different, as evidenced by the still over powered Ferrari team in this edition. 

• Administrator
On 12/14/2020 at 10:21 AM, StanleyGoodspeed said:

@BarryBL is there going to be a final car/driver stat update, with the season being finished now? (perhaps fixing the Bottas issue)

There is another driver stat update in the planning phase, however, there is no exact confirmation of when this will be released at this time 👍

hi guys

can anyone tell me if bottas is overpowered only in career mode?

because i played 4 different championship mode campaign..respectively with GASLY,RICCIARDO,PEREZ AND LECLERC and always hamilton beat bottas winning all 4 championship

also verstappen ( only in the last championship that i played with leclerc) beat bottas finishing second behind hamilton..

drivers rating update will update also performances in grand prix and championships mode or only in career mode?

There's something not quite right with what I've seen in MyTeam. I've currently got third place in the performance charts, with next to no investment in reliability. I can beat Hamilton most weekends but Bottas is on another level. Ferrari on the other hand have nosedived to seventh, the ferrari engine was third best pre-season with renault and mercedes the only two on 100 power, yet Leclerc and Vettel are consistently around 6th-8th.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Gladystonff said:

Will we have an update on the F1 and F2 driver ratings?  Bottas cannot be faster than Hamilton, they need to improve Ocon and Perez, and also Russell.

@BarryBL

We have a update in the works at the moment @Gladystonff to represent the end of the F1 and F2 seasons. ETA unconfirmed at this exact time, but is in a advanced stage 👍

• Like 1

It’s ridiculous.
I think Codemaster don’t like a Hamilton (haters?), Bottas it’s a mega driver in this game and Hamilton like a Bottas in real life. 
Most part of season Bottas beat Hamilton in qualifying and race, .300 difference in qualifying? 3-4 sec in the race, the best strategies and fast lap... don’t make sense. 
All Driver is very conservative in the race but Bottas the king of overtakes.

Or developers is haters of Hamilton or big fans of Bottas, don’t have another explanation.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1
56 minutes ago, DoniNeto said:

It’s ridiculous.
I think Codemaster don’t like a Hamilton (haters?), Bottas it’s a mega driver in this game and Hamilton like a Bottas in real life. 
Most part of season Bottas beat Hamilton in qualifying and race, .300 difference in qualifying? 3-4 sec in the race, the best strategies and fast lap... don’t make sense. 
All Driver is very conservative in the race but Bottas the king of overtakes.

Or developers is haters of Hamilton or big fans of Bottas, don’t have another explanation.

Play in championship mode, and Hamilton will win 90% of the races and put 5/6 tenths per lap to Bottas.