Jump to content Jump to content

is Bottas overpowered in your game?

Yeah only time Hamilton has won any race in my career games is when Bottas has an issue of some sort, or his tyre strategy doesn't work as well. In pure speed terms he his way overpowered, Hamilton can't get near him in my games

• Agree 1

So @Codies @BarryBL when will Bottas driver stats finally become corrected? I am by no means a basher versus Bottas, but having him leading Hamilton by quite a point difference during myteam mode years 1+2 is not really too realistic, it seems to happen in every playthrough though. I would get it when he starts good into the season, giving Hamilton a hard time to stay in the lead, but at the moment it is more vice versa and poor Lewis hardly seems to stand a chance. I take it you guys are able to set driver stats in a way that results are close enough to the real thing, in other words time and time again Verstappen and others have to ensure there is even a gap between Lewis and Valtteri? Come on!

• Agree 1

Just had a race in Austria where Bottas had an extra pitstop and started on Mediums and still ended up winning. Hamilton on softs was faster but once Bottas was on softs he was over a second quicker than Hamilton and despite the extra stop he won comfortably

Concerning this ever-lasting Bottas OP topic I have 2 questions:

• can we mod this ourselves, can anyone throw me a pointer which data you have to edit to correct Bottas driver stats ourselves, if Codies are not willing to do this?
  • did anyone ever receive a reply from the developers concerning this topic? Are there any valid reasons for the stats as they are and where was that documented?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Schneehase said:

Concerning this ever-lasting Bottas OP topic I have 2 questions:

• can we mod this ourselves, can anyone throw me a pointer which data you have to edit to correct Bottas driver stats ourselves, if Codies are not willing to do this?
  • did anyone ever receive a reply from the developers concerning this topic? Are there any valid reasons for the stats as they are and where was that documented?

Thanks!

First point: Unfortunately not. All driver performance data is encrypted, while car performance data is moddable.

Second point: I don't believe so, no, unless someone can correct me. I've asked directly a couple of times and had nothing back myself.

Codemasters not adressing this issue makes me believe they aren‘t actually playing their own game. Which means their only real interest with this game is in making money. 

A game developer who is solely profit oriented but not actually interested and passionately invested in their product is always a bad sign for it’s customers.

If they would play their game, they would have learned about this issue without us even having to point it to them.

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, AllenB2609 said:

Codemasters not adressing this issue makes me believe they aren‘t actually playing their own game. Which means their only real interest with this game is in making money. 

A game developer who is solely profit oriented but not actually interested and passionately invested in their product is always a bad sign for it’s customers.

If they would play their game, they would have learned about this issue without us even having to point it to them.

What are you talking about? Stop complaining.. buy some Pitcoins and “treat yourself in the store!!” 🤡

This is all you need to know about Codemasters priorities 👇

E1609B00-DB5D-4567-B17A-CD8B01132E46.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, AllenB2609 said:

A game developer who is solely profit oriented but not actually interested and passionatelinvested in their product is always a bad sign for it’s customers.

Well, to be fair, i don't think there is a lot of time to develope a game and also play a game. I mean, 365 days are not much in gaming development.
We're not talking about a AAA game wich had 3-4 years to develope, we are talking about an annual release.

On 1/11/2021 at 4:44 PM, BarryBL said:

We have a update in the works at the moment @Gladystonff to represent the end of the F1 and F2 seasons. ETA unconfirmed at this exact time, but is in a advanced stage 👍

This was the last official statement on this back in January, we've since had the update and it made no difference to the issue. I've run multiple Driver Career saves to test this out and in every one (about 5 of them so far) Bottas dominates wins and poles in Season 1 every single time. I'll reiterate my suspicion that his and Hamilton's code have been swapped by accident. It should be Hamilton doing all these things.

Also, regarding the comment about how Codemasters don't play their games, I seem to remember a few years ago a statement (I'm guessing now just for PR) that Codemasters devs love to play their own games - if they really did, they would have spotted this long ago. You only have to play half a season to see there's something wrong.

If I was a dev, it just wouldn't sit right with me, the game's AI performance not reflecting reality. Hamilton's success is beyond meme-worthy, in real life you know he's going to win 9 times out of 10 (which is how Bottas is performing in Driver Career mode for me). So how can it be acceptable to state that F1 2020 is worthy of being called a sim (a statement made about a month before release), and yet completely ignore one major aspect of the way the game reflects reality?

Edit: I would add that if the game was as moddable as F1 2014 and before, we wouldn't have to pester the devs with these issues. We could just correct them ourselves.

Edited by s00zster
  • Agree 3
5 hours ago, s00zster said:

Also, regarding the comment about how Codemasters don't play their games, I seem to remember a few years ago a statement (I'm guessing now just for PR) that Codemasters devs love to play their own games - if they really did, they would have spotted this long ago. You only have to play half a season to see there's something wrong.

That is just cheap PR, otherwise where are the Codemaster employees in all the leagues around? See...

5 hours ago, s00zster said:

Edit: I would add that if the game was as moddable as F1 2014 and before, we wouldn't have to pester the devs with these issues. We could just correct them ourselves.

That is so true, and we have written this so many times before (Ferrari engines and the like) and it is beyond me, why the FIA license / F1 license would hinder them so let us mod performance and driver values. Would it really be such a bummer to see Latifi take a championship in a Williams? Why not let us have an editor and spare themselves all the criticism and further development.

• Agree 2

Several people have mentioned it before without any sort of response. It's incredibly frustrating.

I think it's one of four things:

1. Like what you all are saying; Bottas is using Hamilton's stats and Hamilton is using Bottas'.

2. Bottas AI is getting personnel bonuses still despite the fact all AI except your teammate should no longer be getting them. (As in, he's getting +10 stats where no one else).

3. Same as above except it's linked to the Merc second seat which Bottas just happens to start in. 

4. Awareness stat is giving more performance than expected.. Again I ask CM.. Why does Bottas have 99 and Hamilton 84? I can't begin to understand what possessed them to do that.

It's most likely the first though since Hamilton consistently performs badly and gets beaten by drivers with lower stats in slower cars regularly.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
7 hours ago, JVFreakBody said:

I agree with @s00zster that it’s clear that Hamilton’s and Bottas’s attribute codes are switched

Mmmmhmm can we get @Codies some kind of confirmation / reply, that this is / is not the case at least? Ofc a fix would be awesome, but lets nail the cause for the issue 1st.

13 hours ago, s00zster said:

Linking @BarryBL @steviejay69 @UP100 into this to see if they can alert the devs about this issue. I know we've tried before but that was prior to the last update with the potential for a fix.

If you believe that there is a bug in the game you want to report, then I'd suggest heading to the Gameplay Issues and Bugs TA forum as generally the forum in question has more CM people looking at it compared to this subforum.
→ https://forums.codemasters.com/forum/111-gameplay-issues-and-bugs-ta/

On 2/24/2021 at 7:49 PM, Schneehase said:
On 2/24/2021 at 1:57 PM, s00zster said:

That is just cheap PR, otherwise where are the Codemaster employees in all the leagues around? See...

Most CM people can't really attend it due to many of them having to work at that time, but we've had four in the Forum Championship for example 🙂 

• Disagree 1
  • A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here.
    Over multiple Driver Career saves since release, Valtteri Bottas has been consistently the better performer when compared with Lewis Hamilton to a proportion where it seems Bottas has Hamilton's attributes and vice-versa, compared with real life. Winning all the time, poles, fastest laps, while Hamilton would place further down, be consistently up to 0.500 slower, in the way Bottas would in real life. It's got to the point where I'm expecting Bottas to win / pole / fastest lap in the same way I do with Hamilton in real life, and it just feels really wrong since it should obviously be the other way around.

I'm also not the only person with this issue, please check this thread here:
  • Platform
    PC

• What version of the game you are using
    1.16 (but has been an issue since release)

• Game-mode?
    Driver Career

• We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?
    I've experienced this over around 5 separate Driver Career saves, manually driven - the first season of every one, Bottas has dominated. I'm yet to try simulating an entire season (will be starting on this in a moment). Obviously, if Hamilton dominates in a simulated career, then I'm guessing there's an issue with real time performance.

Ok, I've started a bug thread here

I would urge all of you with this problem to post your own report in there, the more people they see with the issue, the more likely they'll look into it and not think it's just one person getting it.

Mod edit: The bug reports are now above and below this comment, as the two threads were merged together. Apologies for any inconvenience

Edited by UP100
See the mod edit.
  • Agree 1
  • A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here.
    I have the same issue as the opening poster, during multiple myteam years, Valtteri Bottas was consistently better than Lewis Hamilton in a way that looks like Bottas has Hamilton's attributes and vice-versa, compared to real world F1 performance.

• I'm also not the only person with this issue, please check this thread here:
  • Platform
    PC / steam

• What version of the game you are using
    1.16 dx12

• Game-mode?
    myteam

• We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?
    Yes no problem, over any myteam season Bottas will outperform Hamilton, and it should be vice versa. In RL Lewis is the only driver who can make things happen this way, over and over again, always coming out the top. If I had to guess I would say Lewis and Valtteri have somehow been swapped in the F1 2020 game. Just rename them both and we are done^^
9 hours ago, UP100 said:

Most CM people can't really attend it due to many of them having to work at that time

Dude, we all have to work, we all have a family, and some of us even run their own business - but the main difference between us and all the CM people is, that knowledge about simracing and about the game is actually *part* of their job - forgive me if your quote above does not convince me too much, that "loving to play my own game" aint no PR... though I am not  claiming that this was a bad idea or a bad thing to do, not at all. One simply has to judge these statements the correct way. 

That said, I bet everyone in the forum championship would drive circles around me, 😄 still, may that be CM staff or not.

• Thanks 1

Same problem here. Xbox. Both Driver Career and My Team modes.
Can the problem be repeated? Yes. Play a few races of both Career and My Team and it becomes very clear.
To confirm on the OP's post, it happens when simulating a season and sessions too.

I can only assume the issue is one of these:

1) Hamilton and Bottas AI are using eachothers stats. (Most likely in my opinion since Hamilton is consistently lower when teams even out while Bottas stays up front).
2) Awareness Stat is giving more performance than intended. (Hamilton at 84 and Bottas 99 is ridiculous anyway. At minimum Hamilton should be 93 and Bottas at best should be 90).
3) Bottas AI is still getting Personnel upgrades when he shouldn't be. These upgrades would be giving him 100 in all stats compared to everyone else being normal.
4) Same as 3 but linked to the second Mercedes seat rather than Bottas.

Considering everything, I think 1 and 2 are the most likely causes since Hamilton doesn't perform well in general, not just against Bottas.

On a related note... can we just lower Bottas' awareness stat and increase Hamilton's? For the most part, driver stats are pretty accurate but both of those drivers awareness stats are so glaringly wrong. (Reminder: Hamilton, Ricciardo, Leclerc and Raikkonen all lost a lot of Awareness stats for one incident each. Bottas spun 7 times including hitting Ocon twice and still lost none... For consistencies sake it should be lowered based off that). It's mad he's still at 99 yet we have Hamilton at 84, and even worse, Raikkonen at 75 who has barely been involved in an incident in years).