Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

is Bottas overpowered in your game?

How do I stop getting the notifications that people are commenting on this? It’s getting pretty boring seeing several e - mails a day of people complaining about this issue.

On 3/1/2021 at 5:13 PM, s00zster said:

Ok, I've started a bug thread here

I would urge all of you with this problem to post your own report in there, the more people they see with the issue, the more likely they'll look into it and not think it's just one person getting it.

Mod edit: The bug reports are now above and below this comment, as the two threads were merged together. Apologies for any inconvenience

Reporting it as a bug won’t work since it’s not a bug. It’s just something that isn’t realistic is all. Not really something they’re gonna spend time looking into as a bug for that reason.

46 minutes ago, Y2Kev said:

Reporting it as a bug won’t work since it’s not a bug. It’s just something that isn’t realistic is all. Not really something they’re gonna spend time looking into as a bug for that reason.

This is precisely why I didn't report it as a bug up until yesterday. Like you said, it's not a bug, just a general database issue. But then I was advised by one of the moderators report it yesterday, so that's what I did.

56 minutes ago, Y2Kev said:

How do I stop getting the notifications that people are commenting on this? It’s getting pretty boring seeing several e - mails a day of people complaining about this issue.

In your profile there should be an option to disable notifications.

Hmm i dont quite get what has happened here - first, there are no official responses to this subject, then a moderator suggests that we should open up a bug report, but a day or two after doing so, the bug report thread is being merged back with the discussion thread? How am I supposed to understand what forum officials are trying to achieve here, how shall we ever get a developer response to this, or is it just not intended that we bring this issue up anyway? So bug reports about this obvious issue are not possible / not wanted any more, or?!? Getting the impression we have to work versus windmills here...

In my case, Bottas is stronger than Hamilton only in myteam and career mode. In such 2 modes yes, Bottas looks like the phenom and Hamilton the mere 2nd driver who dnfs a lot as well. On the other hand, I am currently playing the official season in "Championship" mode and after 10 rounds Hamilton is 1st and pulling away from Bottas and Lewis getting most of the poles and wins. Also the simple "Grand Prix" mode looks unaffected, with Hamilton being the man to beat and realisticly outperforming the normal drivers.

[Irony on]

You have to understand it that way ... F1 2020 is basically the M.Schumacher Edition, and Codemasters doesn't want Lewis to pass Schumacher and get the 8th title. That's why Bottas is so strong. Very simple explanation. :classic_cool:

[/Irony off]

I don't work as a game developer so i don't know how it works. If they're too busy or they are not allowed to post bad news. Anyway, they probably know about this issue, because they've been tagged in this thread and communication is always better. Even to post the bad news like,, sorry guys, that's not our goal now, there are still more important bugs or issues left to work on,, would be appreciated more than silent. Anyway I don't mean to be rude or something. This game is lovely and I still enjoy it. But with real HAM and BOT stats I could enjoy it even more. 

PS, sorry for my english and long post. 

Still frustrated that this topic gets no developer attention at all, nor any responses from Codemasters staff. Bottas driving about in Hamilton style ruins my immersion in any of my "myteam" races. Bummer. Gotta say, if this persists, I wont buy the game again in 2021, and it will be my first question to other buyers and streamers, if this has been fixed.

9 hours ago, Schneehase said:

Still frustrated that this topic gets no developer attention at all, nor any responses from Codemasters staff. Bottas driving about in Hamilton style ruins my immersion in any of my "myteam" races. Bummer. Gotta say, if this persists, I wont buy the game again in 2021, and it will be my first question to other buyers and streamers, if this has been fixed.

Yeah, it was annoying me. So decided to play f2 2020 season and Schumacher, who won the championship in real, finishes the races and qualifyings around 13th-16th place and has no points after 6 race weekends. 

21 hours ago, Hamrr10 said:

Yeah, it was annoying me. So decided to play f2 2020 season and Schumacher, who won the championship in real, finishes the races and qualifyings around 13th-16th place and has no points after 6 race weekends. 

Yet another reason to release future games with an editor for driver, car and engine stats. If this was included, all the criticism around engine stats gone wrong or were updated too late (Ferrari), as well as around mixed up driver stats (Bottas/Hamilton) would stop immediately. There would *still* be the official version of the game with stats included as Codemasters would be legally entiteled (forced?) by F1 and FIA to use. On the other hand, players could correct flaws in that area themselves and any pressure on the devs concerning changes in driver stats and the like would vanish as well. I bet that within 1-2 weeks after release, community would have agreed on their "best" stats set, while this could even be updated by us on a race-per-race basis. It would bring the franchise so much more forward than anything else I could think of - well, apart from the missing setup settings (gears / gearbox, anyone?) and inclusion of telemetry, maybe.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
11 hours ago, Schneehase said:

Yet another reason to release future games with an editor for driver, car and engine stats. If this was included, all the criticism around engine stats gone wrong or were updated too late (Ferrari), as well as around mixed up driver stats (Bottas/Hamilton) would stop immediately. There would *still* be the official version of the game with stats included as Codemasters would be legally entiteled (forced?) by F1 and FIA to use. On the other hand, players could correct flaws in that area themselves and any pressure on the devs concerning changes in driver stats and the like would vanish as well. I bet that within 1-2 weeks after release, community would have agreed on their "best" stats set, while this could even be updated by us on a race-per-race basis. It would bring the franchise so much more forward than anything else I could think of - well, apart from the missing setup settings (gears / gearbox, anyone?) and inclusion of telemetry, maybe.

Agree with this absolutely 100%. They could even give the option before starting Career or My Team: "Use custom stats?- Yes/No". That way we can use Codies versions or our own versions. Hopefully they can extend the driver creation too so it gives us a stats option at the end so we can add our own drivers to the free roster. Maybe even the option to add a created team (replacing livery editor) into a standard driver career where the created team operates the same as any other AI team.

They'd be doing themselves a massive favour. No one will ever agree on what stats are correct so by allowing us to change them as we see fit it pleases everyone and like you say, takes the pressure off Codies in releasing Driver Stat and Team Performance updates if we can just do it ourselves. Heck, for fun, we could just have Williams start Season 1 as the best team while giving Latifi 99 in all stats if we wanted.

Being able to keep driver stats static in the career modes (so we don't get Kimi dropping into the 70's after 2 seasons or something) would be nice too as well as being able to turn off driver retirements

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
18 hours ago, Liaveil said:

Agree with this absolutely 100%. They could even give the option before starting Career or My Team: "Use custom stats?- Yes/No". That way we can use Codies versions or our own versions. Hopefully they can extend the driver creation too so it gives us a stats option at the end so we can add our own drivers to the free roster. Maybe even the option to add a created team (replacing livery editor) into a standard driver career where the created team operates the same as any other AI team.

They'd be doing themselves a massive favour. No one will ever agree on what stats are correct so by allowing us to change them as we see fit it pleases everyone and like you say, takes the pressure off Codies in releasing Driver Stat and Team Performance updates if we can just do it ourselves. Heck, for fun, we could just have Williams start Season 1 as the best team while giving Latifi 99 in all stats if we wanted.

Being able to keep driver stats static in the career modes (so we don't get Kimi dropping into the 70's after 2 seasons or something) would be nice too as well as being able to turn off driver retirements

Well, maybe now, when the EA are in the bussiness, they'll let us have it like this. For example in the nhl game, you can edit player's attributes and move any player to another team. But there are still all the official roster updates you can download. 

• 2 weeks later...

/rant on

So, patch 1.17 has been released today and nothing is contained concerning driver stats correction or correction of the "Bottas vs Hamilton is mixed up" issue. It seems we did not manage to reach the developers with this topic, despite being 5 pages long, containing a bug report and including CMs into this discussion. Makes me a little bit sad to say the least. Not that patch 1.17 had such a mouthful of features, that you could not have possibly included a correction for Valtteri walking over water race after race...

/rant off

• Agree 1
On 3/2/2021 at 3:35 AM, Gladystonff said:

Bottas does most of the poles, wins most of the races.  Much stronger than Verstappen and Hamilton.  Bottas has Hamilton's statistics.

In 4 seasons he was 2 times champion in my myTeam

1 was Hamilton and the other one Leclerc

I cannot agree that he is overpowered

• Disagree 3
On 3/23/2021 at 8:20 AM, svensenk86 said:

In 4 seasons he was 2 times champion in my myTeam

1 was Hamilton and the other one Leclerc

I cannot agree that he is overpowered

Sorry but this is ridiculous:

In your "myteam" game over 10x F1 seasons you would on average have 5x champion Bottas. You call that realistic? In real life, Bottas has finished 8x F1 seasons, and he only won 9 races, which is hardly more than 1 race per season. It is the same with pole positions, where IRL he had just a tad more than 2x pole per season. Even if you *doubled* these numbers because in your "myteam" game he drove all the seasons in the Mercedes (and not half of it in the Williams like IRL) it would neven suffice to win championships. I bet your "game" Bottas did beat all these numbers within the 4 seasons you named.

IRL Bottas won no championship, not even close, despite he drove the best car for most of the time. It is obvious that he has Hamiltons stats in the F1 2020 game, because 5 out of 10 would be a perfect fit for Lewis. Actually more than that would meet it better. It is clearly a bug that has not been adressed (hence not even acknowledged) by the devs yet, not to mention the awareness stat discussion which was to be debated seperately.

If nothing was done about "Supermottas" (tm) now, I am afraid this problem will continue into the 2021 version of the game and kill everyones immersion.

Edited by Schneehase
  • Agree 4
1 hour ago, Schneehase said:

Sorry but this is ridiculous:

In your "myteam" game over 10x F1 seasons you would on average have 5x champion Bottas. You call that realistic? In real life, Bottas has finished 8x F1 seasons, and he only won 9 races, which is hardly more than 1 race per season. It is the same with pole positions, where IRL he had just a tad more than 2x pole per season. Even if you *doubled* these numbers because in your "myteam" game he drove all the seasons in the Mercedes (and not half of it in the Williams like IRL) it would neven suffice to win championships. I bet your "game" Bottas did beat all these numbers within the 4 seasons you named.

IRL Bottas won no championship, not even close, despite he drove the best car for most of the time. It is obvious that he has Hamiltons stats in the F1 2020 game, because 5 out of 10 would be a perfect fit for Lewis. Actually more than that would meet it better. It is clearly a bug that has not been adressed (hence not even acknowledged) by the devs yet, not to mention the awareness stat discussion which was to be debated seperately.

If nothing was done about "Supermottas" (tm) now, I am afraid this problem will continue into the 2021 version of the game and kill everyones immersion.

Well close to the end of my 5th season he is 5th in the drivers championship,i think it was just 1 pole this season.

How can people take this issue so serious?? Damn a lot of guys going really into the last pixel which is seen right?

For my point of view it is fine,no big deal,as i mentioned just the first 2 seasons he was dominating kind of. It is a game guys where you play future seasons in myteam 😉 maybe Bottas gets a huge boost this season in real and wins all 😄 then this issue can be closed here 😄

• Disagree 5

I actually think they may have tweaked him, I started a new MyTeam career and in season 1 Hamilton won the Championship. For season 2 no retirements but oddly Bottas moved to Alfa Romeo and Max Verstappen moved to Mercedes to join Hamilton. I've seen Bottas move to a lower team before but not until Season 4 or 5 in the past

1 hour ago, NeilUK02 said:

I actually think they may have tweaked him, I started a new MyTeam career and in season 1 Hamilton won the Championship. For season 2 no retirements but oddly Bottas moved to Alfa Romeo and Max Verstappen moved to Mercedes to join Hamilton. I've seen Bottas move to a lower team before but not until Season 4 or 5 in the past

Out of curiosity on this.. keep us posted on how the Hamilton vs Verstappen battle goes in your game. They both have very similar stats so they 'should' perform fairly equally. But if Verstappen is dominating then that will be a big sign theres an issue with Hamilton AI.

I had Vettel and Hamilton as teammates in one file and again, Vettel seemed to have the upper hand more often than not on pace. Was hard to tell with Bottas as he was in a slow Alfa alongside Matsushita so he should have been winning that easily anyway.

Again, I implore Codies. Save yourself this trouble in the future... allow us to edit driver and team stats ourselves. 

• Agree 1

Well... definitely sounds like Hamilton and Bottas are using each others AI's then. 100 points difference with equal stats just shouldnt be happening.

Would be very interesting to see what happens if Verstappen and Bottas are teammates. If they're evenly matched then that would 100% confirm it.

20 minutes ago, Liaveil said:

Well... definitely sounds like Hamilton and Bottas are using each others AI's then. 100 points difference with equal stats just shouldnt be happening.

Would be very interesting to see what happens if Verstappen and Bottas are teammates. If they're evenly matched then that would 100% confirm it.

It's sadly not really a black and white case 😕 It could very well just be the stats having a negative effect in the AI's driving, luck or player affecting it in some way. Most likely a combination of those if this would be the case.

Quite like having a less aggressive driver can cause the driver to perform poorly because it fails to drive around other drivers.

Even back in the day something like which driver was further from the player could have an effect on the drivers' performance.

6 minutes ago, UP100 said:

It could very well just be the stats having a negative effect in the AI's driving, luck or player affecting it in some way. Most likely a combination of those

Even if it was - why not simply swap the Bottas and Hamilton stats, or their cars stats (the ones we can not see on the driver stat "cards") and watch what happens?