Jump to content Jump to content

is Bottas overpowered in your game?

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, KNT2011 said:

While I appreciate the issue for single championship, grand prix or very early career modes, if you're multiple seasons in you don't have this issue, sorry, you have to allow for how the drivers develop over time. Hamilton may win for the next 7/8 seasons, but the game isn't going to shake out like that the majority of the time. By that point you''re well into fictional future land and Bottas may be well capable of dominating at that time. 

I've been through many different MyTeam careers with many seasons each, and Bottas had been overpowered in every single one of them, in every season. He could consistently out qualified Hamilton and even finished races miles ahead of Hamilton by pure pace. He literally could win pretty much every championship if it wasn't the players getting in his way. 

I don't hate Valtteri and would like to see him succeeds, but...the game is a bit too far from the truth, either Hamilton is too weak or he's too strong, I wouldn't even consider Hamilton competitive here. 

Edited by DRTApophis

Kind of weird that everyone says something different. In my first season, Hamilton leads the championship with 50 points after 18 races. Ferrari just barely makes it into Q3 and McLaren has already been on the Podum a few times.

9 hours ago, s00zster said:

You can't convince me that they didn't get Bottas and Hamilton mixed up. 🙃

Right, this is what I see in every playthrough in myteam mode. To be perfectly honest this ruins my immersion and i am totally frustrated that they are not going to fix this. In other aspects this game is so good you could continue to play it a longer time, but this is "literally unplayable" (see PDX Stellaris forums for reference...). Cant be so hard to swap these 2 to fix it...

• Agree 1
Posted (edited)

Lewis actually finished ahead of Bottas in season 1 and 3 of my career mode and Bottas beat him in season 2 and 4. Bottas is leading him pretty significantly in the 5th season. I don't really mind that too much given that Lewis really should probably be retired as far in as I am anyway and otherwise probably would age out to Bottas that far into the future.

What I've found more fascinating is actually how poorly Max Verstappen has done in my career mode since moving to Ferrari around season 3. He's pretty much been a complete non factor.

Edited by Zachrulez
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, DutchRacer87 said:

Guess this is only an issue in career/my team?

Could well be - but we cant know for sure, because Codemasters have refused to confirm let alone adress this issue, and given how popular the "myteam mode" is, that is really a huge letdown. For sure this was on my list if I had 3 free wishes for changes in F1 2020. There still would be time to do us the favor, since 2021 wont be out for some more weeks to come. Comeon, Codies 🙂 give us a cheap and dirty hotfix ^^

Edited by Schneehase
  • 3 weeks later...

bottas got pole and won all of the last 7 races in my season and he is leading the drivers championship by 80+ points, how am i supposed to compete against him when he wins every race being ahead by at least 12 seconds and just way to fast on straights

• 3 weeks later...

Since last year, he has;

Gained 4 experience points from 71 to 75 - I don't get how the stat even works as individual ratings don't make sense. I don't think it's overly important anyway.

Maintained 89 racecraft - Governs his overtaking rating and i'm not sure how he's this high neither. When he's down in the midpack, he really struggles to get past cars. He's been fighting Russell more than Hamilton this year. 

Maintained 99 awareness - Not sure how we can say he's never made a mistake. Abit of a joke stat this year as everyone and their nan has a high rating. 

Somehow gained 1 on pace from 91 to 92. - Despite this season, and the last season being a close second as Hammy ran off with the title while Bottas only just beat Max while he was in a dominant car, being the slowest he's looked in comparison to Lewis, he's rated quicker than ever before. Somehow. 

I think the balance is going to be even worse than last year as Lewis has lost 6 awareness points. I guess that magic button was more costly than we thought. 

• Agree 1
1 minute ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

Since last year, he has;

Gained 4 experience points from 71 to 75 - I don't get how the stat even works as individual ratings don't make sense. I don't think it's overly important anyway.

Maintained 89 racecraft - Governs his overtaking rating and i'm not sure how he's this high neither. When he's down in the midpack, he really struggles to get past cars. He's been fighting Russell more than Hamilton this year. 

Maintained 99 awareness - Not sure how we can say he's never made a mistake. Abit of a joke stat this year as everyone and their nan has a high rating. 

Somehow gained 1 on pace from 91 to 92. - Despite this season, and the last season being a close second as Hammy ran off with the title while Bottas only just beat Max while he was in a dominant car, being the slowest he's looked in comparison to Lewis, he's rated quicker than ever before. Somehow. 

I think the balance is going to be even worse than last year as Lewis has lost 6 awareness points. I guess that magic button was more costly than we thought. 

gog08yqscmd51.jpg.679ab12864bcfa8141188c1e3b0e1d37.jpg

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

I really think that Codies should have done a Bottas hotfix for this in the 2020 game (and I still do, I dont think its asking too much). The reason this has not been corrected earlier seems to be that Bottas being Hamilton in disguise was not consistent over all game modes, so the player reports about it were mixed. When Codies staff realized and to a certain extent admitted this problem (mainly in "myteam" mode with high AI settings) it was already very late.

Btw I just finished another F1 2020 myteam season 1 playthrough, and Bottas has been crowned champion. He did it 1 race before the season was over, Lewis was runner up, then Max. As far as I can remember in all my myteam season one playthroughs Mercedes shared ranks 1+2. Comparing that to reality is difficult and non-immersive for me, since either teams, Mercedes and RedBull, feature such strong #1 drivers and weak wingmen IRL (at least that was the case until 2020 ended). The game in its current state does not reflect this at all, its always closer between Bottas and Lewis, than between Mercedes and RedBull. Which is a shame, it should not be so hard to fix it.

F1 2020 is an awesome game and I will for sure play it some more time, but Bottas will always be there to dampen my immersion 🙄

Edited by Schneehase
  • Agree 1
On 6/5/2021 at 6:18 AM, s00zster said:

You can't convince me that they didn't get Bottas and Hamilton mixed up. 🙃

1080110_20210527233747_1.png

How on earth did you get the ai to have great reliability? I wonder if this has to do with awareness more than pace because Bottas’ awareness is the highest in the game, while Hamilton’s is 10 points lower.

guys… our boi Bottas needs some love come on…

in my recently finished MyTeam i had after 3 seasons, Bottas won season 1 championship with 3 races to go, Verstappen on 2, Ricciardo 3 , Hamilton 4.
Season 2 Verstappen champion, Bottas only 2 points behind. 3rd Hamilton.
Season 3, Bottas switched to Ferrari and won the championship in Singapore, 2nd Verstappen, 3rd Leclerc and 4th Hamilton. 

i just hope they fixed Bottas and Hamilton for f1 21.

• Agree 1
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Schneehase said:

I really think that Codies should have done a Bottas hotfix for this in the 2020 game (and I still do, I dont think its asking too much). The reason this has not been corrected earlier seems to be that Bottas being Hamilton in disguise was not consistent over all game modes, so the player reports about it were mixed. When Codies staff realized and to a certain extent admitted this problem (mainly in "myteam" mode with high AI settings) it was already very late.

Btw I just finished another F1 2020 myteam season 1 playthrough, and Bottas has been crowned champion. He did it 1 race before the season was over, Lewis was runner up, then Max. As far as I can remember in all my myteam season one playthroughs Mercedes shared ranks 1+2. Comparing that to reality is difficult and non-immersive for me, since either teams, Mercedes and RedBull, feature such strong #1 drivers and weak wingmen IRL (at least that was the case until 2020 ended). The game in its current state does not reflect this at all, its always closer between Bottas and Lewis, than between Mercedes and RedBull. Which is a shame, it should not be so hard to fix it.

F1 2020 is an awesome game and I will for sure play it some more time, but Bottas will always be there to dampen my immersion 🙄

You know what, in one of the seasons I had recently where Merc'S R&D was not progressing too well, Bottas could still constantly quali & finish top 10, while Hamilton would fallen to 15-20 until their R&D catches back up but still struggling in the midfield.

Hamilton is definitely too weak in the game and there's no way it's just a coincidence, might even be intentional 🙃

Edited by DRTApophis
5 minutes ago, DRTApophis said:

Hamilton is definitely too weak in the game and there's no way it's just a coincidence, might even be intentional 🙃

I think it is quite obvious that the Mercedes drivers have been swapped or mixed up or whatever you want to call it. I dont think Hamilton need much of a buff, but Bottas (or his car, or their hidden stats) need a big time nerf, and it has been this way since a year now. Maybe, if Codemasters are not willing to fix this themselves, they could provide us with a small insight how we might be able to fix that ourselves, fiddling with some *.exe file or hidden stats in the game?

For future games, if they do not want to provide an editor, why not make this moddable by writing the driver / engine / car stats into some text files, where the game grabs those? Then at least on PC, if you knew what you were doing, you could fix flaws like this one yourself (similar as it is with the tyre wear mod in F1 2020 nowadays).

• Agree 1
Posted (edited)

I dont see how an editor can be that difficult to implement. Nearly every other sports game has one in game so theres no reason F1 shouldnt. No reason for it to be a PC exclusive thing.

In recent weeks I've gone out my way of fixing the problem for season 2 by hiring Bottas while I'm still a midfield team. 

Edited by Wynterdust
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Krisperfectline said:

How on earth did you get the ai to have great reliability? I wonder if this has to do with awareness more than pace because Bottas’ awareness is the highest in the game, while Hamilton’s is 10 points lower.

guys… our boi Bottas needs some love come on…

I didn't do anything, it was a vanilla Driver Career save, no mods.