Sign in to follow this  

Has Error Code 41 been resolved?

I'm asking this for a friend of mine, he purchased the game around the same time I did back in May and he still hasn't been able to play the game at all. He still gets Error Code 41 every time he tries to boot it up. He sent all of his info and hasn't received any info as to why it will not work. So I was wondering if someone could shed some light on the situation, because its a bit ridiculous that he still has this problem after all this time and no response as to why its happening.

I've been having this issue also.

I solve it up making a Game Cache Verification and after it works again.  It happens frequently so this is a momentary solution.  Hope it works for your friend.

Yes and no.

I played the game fine for 20hrs then the hillclimb patch came out and I got the error 41 message. Couldn't play for weeks until there was a new game patch and Nvidea driver update.

The problem 'appears' to effect Nvidea cards more than AMD but not exclusively.

I'm 90% sure the it has to do with p-state values in the nvidia driver settings.And as Neogeta said its mostly nvidia users who have the problem:)

fine yesterdaty and all last week, now again i get error41 on start of exe
latest Nvidia drivers, my is a 980gtx on win8 x64
fanatec elite v1 pedals an thrustmaster shifter
ive had no updates or changes wtf!!!

Try verifying your game files on Steam matyb, that usually works for most people
I'm finding I have to do this almost after each session now even though I haven't changed any settings, drivers etc. Each time steam downloads a 5 MB file and I can play and save for a while but then it will crash and I have to repeat the process again. It has got progressively worse since the tarmac terrors update and so I hardly play anymore.

It's a proper game breaker for me at the moment as I can't commit to any online events or offline championships because I know that in all likelihood my game will crash and my times will be lost. 

I understand Dirt Rally is early access and there are always teething problems but the fact there is very little (if any?) feedback from the devs about a problem which is affecting a lot of players  is both a bit worrying and frustrating.

varifying dose not work for me, verified 4 times yesterday, trying again at the moment......
still error 41

The sad thing is there seems to be no response from steam or codies about what the issue could be, they are just leaving people who paid for the game in the dark. Pretty frustrating!

The sad thing is there seems to be no response from steam or codies about what the issue could be, they are just leaving people who paid for the game in the dark. Pretty frustrating!

I don't think that's strictly true.

From patch notes we've already seen that the devs investigated this issue a lot and on a number of occasions put in fixes, which they believed would solve this issue for more and more people.

I've seen some users on the forum noticing that when they had more than 2GB of disk space on their hard drives the Error 41 disappeared. Have you tried that?

I've encountered this error myself 2 or 3 times when the game crashed. But after a restart of Steam the error disappeared.

yup, tried all that and no success, tried re installing, that didnt work, sent all the required info to them and have gotten no response.

I had the same issue for weeks after hill climb patch was released. Salt only thing that worked for me was a game patch and driver update.

Been getting Error Code 41 ever since the Tarmac Terrors came out. Works sometimes, then boom I get it every time I start a race (hit enter to continue). I have almost 100gb free on my C: drive and that's the lowest free space, so it's not that. I verify cache constantly and it is all validated and I run with a crossfire R9 290x setup, so it isn't Nvidia. Only fix is to reboot, then it works for awhile.

Frustrating that I can't play.

I'm having the error 41 too.
I bought the game 5 days ago, at first everything was fine, 2 days ago started the 41 thing from time to time, nothing really worring, but right now I can't play the game longer that 5 minutes, and having the error 41 CTD once and once again...

PortiST said:
I'm having the error 41 too.
I bought the game 5 days ago, at first everything was fine, 2 days ago started the 41 thing from time to time, nothing really worring, but right now I can't play the game longer that 5 minutes, and having the error 41 CTD once and once again...
Unfortunately there is no real answer for this yet. Some people have been able to fix it by simple verifying the game cache, others have done it through gpu driver setting changes. But then there is also those who just had to wait for a game patch and driver update to be able to play again. Suggest trying the number of different suggestions on this forum and hoping one works for you. Also, don't forget to submit a bug report as it will help CM to identify what it is causing this issue.

Still an issue with the new update. I have updated to W10 as well. Can get maybe 2-3 races in, then during the race my screen goes black and I can hear the audio as I crash, but can get the screen to come back so I have to kill the game in the task manager. After that error 41 until I restart the PC. 

Hy

Please help
Since update 0.6
Error 41, Before worked perfect what happen .... ???

after "choice",  loading stage rally,  after Clic select , Return desktop windows,  Finalisation Installation 1% , stop, message : server steam surcharging dirt rally  error 41

I get the error41 message when I try to launch Dirt Rally using the DK2 with Nvidia v353.62; had no issues with driver v350.12.

Hi I am having the same issue from my reformat of my pc sins yesterday I am getting error 41 game boots and crash out on the loading screen, have done and reinstall and still the same, I am running two 290x in crossfire x have disabled crossfire still the same went even as fare as unplugging the one card  please note the game was working sort of before I had to do a format, now the second problem is Avast is picking up dirt.exe and a harmful program  

I've been playing since june and never gave me any problems. Yesterday I tried to get some setups from the steam comunity, and from then I got this error 41. It seems to be those files. How can I get rid of it?

miche34 said:
Hy

Please help
Since update 0.6
Error 41, Before worked perfect what happen .... ???

after "choice",  loading stage rally,  after Clic select , Return desktop windows,  Finalisation Installation 1% , stop, message : server steam surcharging dirt rally  error 41

Hi Miche34, have u solved the problem?
Thx!

Error 41 is caused by having too many setups in the workshop.  Try to unsubscribe from some of them.  Some people say its having 100+ setups that causes the problem