Sign in to follow this  

Thrustmaster TM Open Wheel Add-on

I recommend the Ferrari F1 wheel instead - the buttons are more easily accessible and it has the rotary dials for ERS and fuel. 

1 hour ago, USPBauer24 said:

I recommend the Ferrari F1 wheel instead - the buttons are more easily accessible and it has the rotary dials for ERS and fuel. 

Exactly. I use the same wheel and it is really great with F1 game 

20200723_133153.thumb.jpg.33ba41ea175f4e224dfd0e6f1f3392ea.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GioProductions said:

Exactly. I use the same wheel and it is really great with F1 game 

20200723_133153.thumb.jpg.33ba41ea175f4e224dfd0e6f1f3392ea.jpg

damn that looks awesome, how much is this one and what do I need to attach it? can you map all the buttons which are on it?

42 minutes ago, svensenk86 said:

damn that looks awesome, how much is this one and what do I need to attach it? can you map all the buttons which are on it?

Thanks 👍

That is just the Ferrari Add on wheel from Thrustmaster.

http://mobile.thrustmaster.com/node/4283

But i did put some extra money to it (around 180 euro) and added some other stickers on it (Overtake, MFD etc), put an Samsung S4 phone in a case and did change the shifters to magnet shifters. For me, the wheel is good this way and no futher tweaking needed for my taste.

See here the old and new shifters from 3DRAP.IT

20191116_192130.thumb.jpg.9ee7c0909151b4ccbe2b6102745cf38e.jpg20191116_235340.thumb.jpg.275cc918a6cccb0f50878976047071b9.jpg

Edited by GioProductions
  • Like 1

what app is that on the phone? And which layout? I'm using dash panel but can't seem to find the perfect display info, yours looks really nice

7 hours ago, SpiveyCJ said:

what app is that on the phone? And which layout? I'm using dash panel but can't seem to find the perfect display info, yours looks really nice

That is SIM Dashboard app for Android.

The layout is my own made F1 dashboard 🙂 There are allot on the SIM Dashboard community

• Agree 1

On 12/2/2020 at 12:13 AM, USPBauer24 said:

Have you tried both? What I don't like about the Ferrari wheel are the fake four dials in the middle. It looks a bit cheap to be honest. 

When I first saw the F1 Ferrari Wheel I HAD to have it.  Most of the reviews I saw/ read didn’t go into the drivability detail like I hoped but talked more about the cool looks. 

300$ later as the wheel sits in the closet boxed waiting for me to list it for sale. 

Yes the wheel is beautiful and has tons of buttons. Half of which there was no need to program for any F1 game I’ve played. 

There were just a couple of issues I had with the Ferrari Wheel that I’m sure are subject to the user. 

When turning I found my thumbs inadvertently will change the settings on the left and right spindle knobs. I deprogrammed the knobs only to have the exposed spindles to now catch and slowly tear away at my gloves. 

Again, this is user subjective but the weight and balance of the wheel for me just wasn’t cutting it. I’ve come to now know the lighter the wheel the better pinpoint accuracy for me. Or using devils advocate, the ergonomics of the custom carbon fiber wheel just feels so much better even with less buttons. 

So in closing I went back to my carbon fiber T300 ( picture below ) it feels better in the hand is less busy, only using the buttons I need means less fumbling and remembering buttons ( even with muscle memory ) while concentrating more on the races.93F0FEA0-4708-4074-9C05-AF0225C9ABFC.thumb.jpeg.a6aa79524688297d45cfc045e4de4b44.jpeg44B22757-FB39-4B51-BD27-EC7061E49B8D.thumb.jpeg.29aedf78af6a651424f47a3e4ded6a45.jpeg

I have both Ferrari wheel is heavier and I had problems with inconsistent FFB with F1 2018 (undrivible) a little bit better with 2019 I bought open wheel lighter and very good I use it since this date very happy on GTS..I stop F1 games waiting for good multiplayer which is so poor on F1

Hi 

have the ferrar f1 since two days and very mixed emotions.

looks great but have much worse times than with the normal the Open wheel . 
Use it with ts-xw base 

Today changed back to open wheel did. four 5 lap races and was back on my old times .

So will return the Ferrari wheel / eventhough it looks great and stay with the open wheel /