Sign in to follow this  

Serving penalties

Hi guys,

I'm playing career mode and i'm in my second season at Canada. I'm struggling a lot with the track limits, so i got more than once a 3 second penalty for extending track limits. I thought that i could serve them during the race: Pitting, waiting 3 seconds, and then changing tyres. But when i pit, it doesn't happen. The penalty is not being served. I got the penalty after the race.

But when the AI gets a penalty, they do serve them. I see them getting in race penalties, and i see their pit stop time is about 7 seconds. And their penalty is gone. This happened a race before in Monaco with a 5 second penalty.

Do you know why i can't serve them? Or do i have to do something on the MFD? Or am i missing something?

Thanks for the answers!

5 hours ago, borrie90 said:

Hi guys,

I'm playing career mode and i'm in my second season at Canada. I'm struggling a lot with the track limits, so i got more than once a 3 second penalty for extending track limits. I thought that i could serve them during the race: Pitting, waiting 3 seconds, and then changing tyres. But when i pit, it doesn't happen. The penalty is not being served. I got the penalty after the race.

But when the AI gets a penalty, they do serve them. I see them getting in race penalties, and i see their pit stop time is about 7 seconds. And their penalty is gone. This happened a race before in Monaco with a 5 second penalty.

Do you know why i can't serve them? Or do i have to do something on the MFD? Or am i missing something?

Thanks for the answers!

If i'm not wrong, only 5 second penaltys are served during  the pitstop and than the pitstop happens normally. You have the 10 second "stop and go" penalty but not sure that's in the game as that one you can't do an actual pit stop (like hamilton and giovinazzi in monza). The 3 second penalty is just added in the end of the race (thinking seriously, a 3-sec pen. during a pit stop would be as fast as changing the front wing). And than you have the drive-through penalty that is just passing the fastlane, if you ignore (3 laps i think), you get disqualified.

Hope it helped. (If im not wrong obviously).