Sign in to follow this  

#FeedbackFriday - With A Twist!

im happy with 99 percent of whats already done.

can you elabourate on whether the global postions and times will be fixed soon ? or if you can link the times/tracks/cars to here so people can check times?

thats only thing that bothers me at moment on this awesome game.

as for the videos make a wall or something rotating each week.

dgeesi0 said:

can you elabourate on whether the global postions and times will be fixed soon ? or if you can link the times/tracks/cars to here so people can check times?

I'm guessing that this will all be sorted when they further enforce the aforementioned anti-cheat system, just so they don't have to fiddle with it again once they do release that update. 

Thank you for the information,  not many game creators wants to have this open minded discussion with the players. You nailed the best rally game so far and I hope this community will last many years to come. Keep up the good work. Is the Swedish stages created from the existing stages from rally Sweden? Is there any possibility to see Volvo. I love the the 70 - 80 th cars so for me that would make my day, week, year. Love this game.

Jepsertti said:
So I think that the Modern Masters includes something like 10 or 11 cars then. That's great amount of modern cars in my opinion!

Can we expect to be able to drive some R5 cars when that add-on is released? ;)

I don't think so. Finland update states '2', Sweden update says 'cars' (plural), so minimum of 2 there. If you assume 5-6 rallycross cars, that would be 9-10, so realistically you're looking at 5-6 in the Modern Masters pack; guessing a few 2000s and one or two of 2010s.
I also said over 15 ;)

dgeesi0 said:

I don't think it's in the next update but its on the list for sure :)

Sirap27 said:
Thank you for the information,  not many game creators wants to have this open minded discussion with the players. You nailed the best rally game so far and I hope this community will last many years to come. Keep up the good work. Is the Swedish stages created from the existing stages from rally Sweden? Is there any possibility to see Volvo. I love the the 70 - 80 th cars so for me that would make my day, week, year. Love this game.
I don't think there are any Volvo's on the list sorry, as for Sweden I can't remember what DiRTy Gossip we may have already let slip about that stage so I 'll let one of those guys fill you in.

I don't want to sound too attention grabbing, I apologize if I am being so, however, have any of my small suggestions been considered?
I also reported a graphics bug, have you not experienced it or are having trouble reproducing it?

Also, here's hoping for some good modern rally car, like the VW Polo R and Skoda Fabia R5. Good luck with licensing.

Sirap27 said:
I don't think there are any Volvo's on the list sorry, as for Sweden I can't remember what DiRTy Gossip we may have already let slip about that stage so I 'll let one of those guys fill you in.
The actual stage hasn't been announced/confirmed by those of us in the know, only people guessing so far (some correctly)

Absolutely spot on way to respond to many of the comments during the week sir, I applaud you.

I'll take the wording for the 'environments' section to mean new kilometres in existing environments haven't been completely discounted yet :P
Not completely discounted. I think doing something like adding the full gravel version of Pikes makes more sense than just making up stages that don't exist though. :) 
Somebody came up with a good idea this week, mirroring the stages. Would that be feasible?
Dunno, might be one for @kickup but personally I feel its a bit Mario Karty
Mario Karty? It just turns this...

Into this...

It would double the number of stages and make memorizing them little bit harder

Going away from all that Car/track discussion I have two questions for you guys:
1. Is there any chance that Dithering/Anti-Aliasing issue with Radeon cards is going to be fixed at last? You've been slamming that "AMD - Gaming Evolved" label on your games since at least DiRT3, and still in some situations all those games look HORRIBLE on AMD hardware. With Rally it's especially the bushes in Greece and the trees at Baumholder. It's not really pretty if you're driving up a slope and all you see at the top is a pattern of green dots where beautiful trees should be. PLEASE try and do something about this.
2. Will we have the opportunity to change our car setup within a TimeTrial session? I know you could use the shakedown for that, but if I drive a whole stage and want to try again with maybe a different brake bias or downforce setup, I have to go back all the way to main menu. You had that setup menu in all the previous DiRT games, and it would really make TT a lot more convenient.

Apart from that: Great work on this game, that definitely was a pleasant surprise back in April, and it continues to be to this day. Keep it up, guys!

Great to see feedback like this, you guys are doing awesome. There's always gonna be stuff you can't discuss in detail, or at all. but I'm sure we all appreciate you taking the time to talk about those things you can.

I know the stage for Winter Wonderland after a nice phone call with Lee this afternoon ;)

Absolutely spot on way to respond to many of the comments during the week sir, I applaud you.

I'll take the wording for the 'environments' section to mean new kilometres in existing environments haven't been completely discounted yet :P
Not completely discounted. I think doing something like adding the full gravel version of Pikes makes more sense than just making up stages that don't exist though. :) 
Somebody came up with a good idea this week, mirroring the stages. Would that be feasible?
Dunno, might be one for @kickup but personally I feel its a bit Mario Karty
Mario Karty? It just turns this...

Into this...

It would double the number of stages and make memorizing them little bit harder
Would be inclined to agree with justbiglee on this. One thing is driving the same road in the opposite direction, another is performing a mirror effect, effectively creating a road that does not exist. I prefer to stick to real roads and avoid parallel realities.

This is really great feedback.

I have a few questions:

1. What's in development relating to improvement of the current cars in terms of physics, handling, damage modelling etc? I've read snippets here and there but it's hard to know where things are at.

2. Are there any considerations to changing the way rally events are structured within career mode? Currently we have a list of stages that don't really seem to link together in any sort of time of day order on a reliable basis. Does that make sense?

edit:

3. Are there any plans to change auto-recovery?

It would be nice if you could actually hit rev limiter when driving, not just mid-air and neutral. Not a big request, but i think these kind of little things are important.

Great thread!

My biggest problem right now is the game not saving. It's nice to know the devs are aware of that and are working on it :) 
Regarding cars, any chance among those 15 is a first gen Focus and some Mitsubishis?

Thank you for chatting.
Stellar work so far you guys should be damn proud.

The nature of  the people you  have playing this sim will reward your efforts for years to come, this I know.
No Toymotors is a crying shame but I am 100% certain the community can help with this :)

Sirap27 said:
Any SAAB(s) on the list? ;)
Is it the SAAB Group (aero and defence) that would have the last word now?

My mini-saab-dream-wishlist contains the 96 v4 and the 99 turbo (first turbo car to win a wrc event iirc, swedish rally 1979)

Thanks for a great game so far! :)

Quite a few things:

1: Have you noticed the strange bug where a slight crash will turn the affected area black for a split second?

2: Will softlock be fixed? It is still broken for me.

3: Does Modern Masters mean 2000-2010 or post 2014-ish kinds of things?

4. Any comment on reset zones? I've heard complaints about Greek reset zones and Monte Carlo DNF areas, and I'll add a few from Germany; some reset zones are too close to the road.

5: If so, how is VW licensing going?

Thanks!

Great Feedback Friday! Shame about Toyota, but I'm unreasonably excited about mid-stage puncture repairs.

As long as we're getting feedback on our feedback, should I keep banging the drum for female driver/co-driver options? Some people seem to crawl out of the woodwork to disagree with this, as they do, but I know the option would be really important for many more players.

Goodmorning I'm Robin (45 from Netherlands) and new on this particular forum.

I'm an active member @ ac supportforum( Robin_NL) and I'm playing DR with a lot of enthusiasm. FFB(Impact mod)  and physics are getting better and better(on gravel and 037 is my fav) so I'm happy to see the way DR is heading, thanks. My simracing rolemodels physically are/were GPL/LSF and RBR and now AC, so to be enthusiastic about DR is a compliment for Codies/devs.:)

A few questions/points and I know we are still in early access:

If I'm playing and for any reason or after watching replay I want to restart the stage, we're getting immediately to the stage and car itself. And sometimes I want to change the setup. So then I have to go back and forth again through the menu. I hope this will be sorted out soon.

About Rallycross: I love it.

I also hope to see the 80s/90s Rallycross(ex Gr B /rwd cars with 600+ BHP if possible).

Thanks for reading.

Cheers

Robin

Quite a few things:

1: Have you noticed the strange bug where a slight crash will turn the affected area black for a split second?

That is a weird one, I'm glad it's not just me.

I'm thrilled to have this update on progress, I think the vibe in the Codemasters office must be pretty good, albeit with waves of terror around update deadlines.

Why wouldn't a manufacturer want to be in a video game? Especially if it's a historic car.

Do they have to pay Codemasters for licensing to be in the game? Or does Codemasters have to pay them?

oprahIE said:
Why wouldn't a manufacturer want to be in a video game? Especially if it's a historic car.

Do they have to pay Codemasters for licensing to be in the game? Or does Codemasters have to pay them?
Game companies have to pay the manufacturer seeing as they can make money out of the brand's IP.

I agree with you that it seems a bit daft that some are so restrictive and conservative with their licenses and it's disappointed that stubbornness over short-term profits seem more important to many than furthering their brand's heritage via nu-age media.