F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×

Option to disable career AI driver's retirements

A nice feature you could add to MyTeam and Driver career is an option to enable/disable the retirements of AI drivers (I mean not when they retire from the race, but from the sport). Just like there's an option between seasons (but only in Driver career) to enable or disable the drivers' market.

I would like to sign drivers like Vettel or Raikkonen in MyTeam, but they usually retire after 1-2 season(s). With this option, instead, they could remain for all 10 seasons and then I could take them to win again😎.

(I'm new on this forum but I think I should tag @BarryBL:classic_smile:)

I get what you mean.

But imagine if FiFA had a similar option. The game just wouldn't work if you could have a 45y/o Messi and Ronaldo but still have peak stats. 

In regards to F1, you would just end up with 8-10 drivers with identical stats as other drivers improve through the seasons. 

The only way of getting around it would be having the option to sign them in your first year. The way Mercedes convinced Hamilton to leave McLaren to join a new team. I'd have to think further how that could possibly be implemented though.

On 12/7/2020 at 2:32 PM, dxBaron89 said:

A nice feature you could add to MyTeam and Driver career is an option to enable/disable the retirements of AI drivers (I mean not when they retire from the race, but from the sport). Just like there's an option between seasons (but only in Driver career) to enable or disable the drivers' market.

I would like to sign drivers like Vettel or Raikkonen in MyTeam, but they usually retire after 1-2 season(s). With this option, instead, they could remain for all 10 seasons and then I could take them to win again😎.

(I'm new on this forum but I think I should tag @BarryBL:classic_smile:)

I couldn't agree more. I thought if you turn driver transfers off, also retirements would be disabled but not even in this way it will work.

I wanted Kimi in myteam career, he retired at the end of season 1. I started a driver career in Alfa Romeo with transfers off, thinking this way he would stay there. No! During the first season I already got email about his retirement at the end of the year. Really frustrating.

8 hours ago, AdamJDore said:

I get what you mean.

But imagine if FiFA had a similar option. The game just wouldn't work if you could have a 45y/o Messi and Ronaldo but still have peak stats. 

In regards to F1, you would just end up with 8-10 drivers with identical stats as other drivers improve through the seasons. 

The only way of getting around it would be having the option to sign them in your first year. The way Mercedes convinced Hamilton to leave McLaren to join a new team. I'd have to think further how that could possibly be implemented though.

I don't think comparison with FIFA is appropriate, In FIFA players already start do decrease before they are 30 y.o. If they don't retire, by the time they get 45 they are the worst players in the game. Hopefully we will not see old drivers getting worse also here. If I want to fight with Kimi for the championship, by the time we develop the car he will be the slowest driver in the grid, so it would be the same as if he retired.

Solution could be that if you set retirements to off there won't be any growth as well, at least for F1 drivers. This way you won't have max stats for every driver after few seasons.

So, easiest way is the option Driver retirements: ON / OFF.

• Agree 1