Jump to content Jump to content

All AI drivers start with soft tyres.

Hello,

Do you guys have the same issue, that all AI drivers start on soft tyres? It looks so unrealistic. I play 25% and 50% (maybe it's different on 100%) but it occurs every time  - all the drivers wear soft tyres which doesn't make a lot of sense for drivers who start on 19 or 20th position. All go with the same strategy soft -> medium ( in 25% races ) and soft -> soft -> medium (in 50% races) . I am not sure if this issue occurred after the last update ( before I played almost only online races). Maybe something went wrong with my copy because I saw no complaint about that on the forum. Please, let me know guys if you have the same issue, game is very boring and almost unplayable in single player because of this. 

Regards,

Dave 

Edited by DaveMoon

That's weird, in real life drivers have different strategies, some start on soft others on medium sometimes even on hards. Before f12020 I played f12016 and even on 25%, the AI strategies were very different and races were more interesting because of this.  

5 minutes ago, DaveMoon said:

That's weird, in real life drivers have different strategies, some start on soft others on medium sometimes even on hards. Before f12020 I played f12016 and even on 25%, the AI strategies were very different and races were more interesting because of this.  

That is simply not true,depends also on the track. I had drivers starting even on hards.

Strategies are also different,some go e.g. S-S-M   others same race do extended stints with just S-M   or S-H

Midfield goes M-H

There are diffences. I play 50% race lenght

A few minutes ago I run 6 grand prix 25% in a row ( after starting one I quitted and started the new one, repeated this 6 times ) and every time all AI drivers wore soft tyres. So maybe this bug is only in my version?

Edited by DaveMoon

There's some variance on tracks where the soft tyre doesn't last long enough to be effective, you'll see the faster cars run the mediums in Q2. I agree though that on most tracks there is no variance and more often than not it makes no sense.