DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×
F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

DR 2.0 Anti Cheat....

Hi guys, i want to know if Valve Anti Cheat real works ?

I play a lot Dirt Rally 2.0, and sometimes i feel some people are playing with cheats\trainers\hacks..... because of crazy times.

I play championships with a group of friends and sometimes i feel it too....

Is there any way to know if someone is playing with cheats ? I know there are cheaters in PC and PS4 people can cheat too ?

I wish they get banned ! They take all the fun of competition...

Thanks, a thanks for the great game.

Pedro

Is there anyone here can reply me pls ?

I continue to feel that people playing with me, are using hacks. Is there any way to know that ?

its not fun doing a track without no errors, with all speed and loosing like 30 seconds for others....

Some people are just faster than others. Then theres some huge cuts on some of the stages too but its almost impossible to know if they using them or just being better than you at the game. Ask some of your friends to record their gameplay.

Edited by somethingthing
  • Agree 1

Yup, the top players are insanely fast and they know all the tricks.

On a related note, if anyone has come across any trainers or hacks for the game, please notify custservice@codemasters.com and they'll get added to the Anti-Cheat list. This list helps detect any fraudulent players on the Leaderboards.

• Agree 1

I know some people are better than others. But i know in my group of friends who are better.... and normally we are like 5 drivers very similar.....and that its the fun of the championship. But there is one guy, when he is going there, its crazy times against us.....and i feel that he use something. The other day i said him to stream..... all the stages, he crashed or roll over, or made 360,..... he lost a lot of time....and i saw..... if he played so well like the other times he did in other rallys.....he never could play like this with so many errors on the road. So i think he is not so good like he talks, i think he is cheating.

May you can have a look to profiles of the the  players. I do so on Steam. Some Profiles are informative.

A lot of fast players have more than 1000hours played the game. A lot of them are really fast. 

Some other you can also find in the daily, weekly and monthly challenges.

The Top 100 are also very fast.

Dont be surprised if you may meet someone in an open session from that boards.

If I find someone online in open races who has similar speed, than I , I try to invite them as friend.

Sometimes its accepted and sometimes I can race again with them together.

Free Time Trials leaderboards. I dont now. Its possible for me to hit some top 100 sometimes even top 50 Times. But could also be top 1000 ore more worse on some tracks ( Dailies best was Top 10 in comparison to that). Some times in freeride look for me that they are not from this world. Also seen some strange ghosts in the past.( Playing since launch of the game). But thats just suspicion, i dont want to falesly accuse somebody.

The dailies, and weeklies look more realistic to me.

I hope you get the cheaters, if there are some.

One question to PJTierney:

When a cheater is convicted, will there be the leaderboard entries of the time trials corrected/The cheater entries deleted?

There will always be cheaters and they have to live with themselves.

That said...
If you break down every sections time difference in a stage you’ll see a pattern of how far behind (or ahead) you are compared to the fastest times. 5 seconds on a section may seem like a lot (that’s actually pretty fast) but break it down by corner, braking points, exit speed and every other variable and those fractions of a second add up pretty fast. Consistency is the key. Some guys are more consistent with one or more aspect of their driving like late braking, hitting apexes and max exit speeds etc.. Paying attention to the type of section and the changes in time gap will help you pinpoint what needs work and what’s working. It takes practice. 

There will always be prodigies to astound us and make us feel inferior. 
Years ago it was chess and piano. 
Now it’s computer games.

Can you say “Rain Man”?

Im playing championship with a group of friends. For exº the fastest players there are like 5, we are very similar times, 1, 2 , 3 seconds diference, and we know when someone crashed or flat a tire.... and all the championship is very equal to this 5 top players. But there is one guy there, sometimes crash or flat and lost 1 min for ex, and he recover that time to end first....its crazy.

I saw him streaming, and he crashed and did mistakes like others, and even with this he sometimes win 10 seconds or more to someone that is fast and didnt made mistakes.

I think he use some type of Boost or nitro in the car. I saw my stream and his stream at the same time, same car in same track, when i was pushing 3rd gear he already was in 4th going to 5th....the speed was very different. He said about the tuning, and we both copy GTR Mechanical.

Me and other friends think he is cheating, he said not.

I would like to Codemaster used some anti cheat to track this people....

He (they) could be cheating. If you search “cheating” you’ll find all kinds of threads and comments on this forum. 
The fact is, it’s not going away anytime soon. 

Here’s what helps me deal with the anxiety and frustration... I assume 5 seconds per section worth of cheater or genius times and then judge my own driving based on my time less 20 or 40.  
Thats 20 seconds on a short stage, 40 in a full stage. It keeps me racing and less mad, suspicious and worrying about other people. Life’s to short to stress over it  

I think if you pay attention to the 5 second rule you’ll start to see a pattern. 

Hope that at least helps improve your enjoyment level. 
Happy New Year!

Relax buddy! Unfortunately anywhere the competition exists the cheating cannot be exterminated. And not likely any of us will ever hit the top of the leader board. Even top 10, or top 100.

And the reason is not only the cheaters, but crazy nerds who spend over 8 hours every day, 7 day a week all year around just mastering the same truck the same car. These people started with Dirt Rally 2015. So they remember each corner, each breaking point by heart.

But life is much more beautiful then wasting it in video games, even good ones.

My advice, do your own club with your friends and compare the time between each other and just kick out the person you suspect cheating from your group.

This is all about trust between gentlemen. When a person loses his trust and honor he is not welcome in the club anymore.

You are lucky that you have friends who are ready to play with you the same game. Enjoy your time!

• Agree 1