Jump to content
Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

Lag Spike Issue

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Elfster85 said:

Just finished doing all the steps and the lag spike issue was present at low graphics

Try Ultra Low with the same. What kind of framerates are you getting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Try Ultra Low with the same. What kind of framerates are you getting?

I just did a league race and had 2 lag moments. Had a constant 50 FPS and ran high graphics. Had to scale my display to 100% though.

Also noticed that they game might not lag at first, but if I leave it on and come back in 30 it will start lagging a lot

Edited by Elfster85

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Elfster85 said:

I just did a league race and had 2 lag moments. Had a constant 50 FPS and ran high graphics. Had to scale my display to 100% though.

Also noticed that they game might not lag at first, but if I leave it on and come back in 30 it will start lagging a lot

Can you just expand? Game in the menus?

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Can you just expand? Game in the menus?

I was playing for a bit in a multiplayer lobby and it was all fine. I left it running in the main menu and went for dinner. When I came back the lag was pretty bad. It was stuttering in the 'cut scenes' before a flying lap and it was undrivable. The menu has slight lag. I can tell when I load the game if it will lag when I drive because the loading circles stutter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Elfster85 said:

I was playing for a bit in a multiplayer lobby and it was all fine. I left it running in the main menu and went for dinner. When I came back the lag was pretty bad. It was stuttering in the 'cut scenes' before a flying lap and it was undrivable. The menu has slight lag. I can tell when I load the game if it will lag when I drive because the loading circles stutter. 

Have you enabled the framerate counter and limiter? The framerates soar in the menus, it's probably the CPU/GPU throttling due to thermals / power draw.

Codemasters should really fix that. It makes even my RX5700XT fans go mental even with the framecap.

Try loading HWiNFO and set the sensors running for temps (or Afterburner). I would say the issues will be related to that. Post back what the temps are. GPU should be no more than 75C and CPU no more than 70C but even then, in a laptop chassis they will struggle to get enough power / airflow and may throttle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Have you enabled the framerate counter and limiter? The framerates soar in the menus, it's probably the CPU/GPU throttling due to thermals / power draw.

Codemasters should really fix that. It makes even my RX5700XT fans go mental even with the framecap.

Try loading HWiNFO and set the sensors running for temps (or Afterburner). I would say the issues will be related to that. Post back what the temps are. GPU should be no more than 75C and CPU no more than 70C but even then, in a laptop chassis they will struggle to get enough power / airflow and may throttle.

Yeah like you said previously I set up the counter and limit at 60fps. 

Ran the HWiNFO and got around 70C on both the CPU and GPU while racing. In the menus it went to around 60C

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Elfster85 said:

Yeah like you said previously I set up the counter and limit at 60fps. 

Ran the HWiNFO and got around 70C on both the CPU and GPU while racing. In the menus it went to around 60C

I did say set it up at 69FPS so you can see when it is hitting 60FPS. Do you have VSYNC OFF as is recommended by Codemasters? Temps sound OK then, but I'd expect that of an MSI Gaming Laptop. How did installing the Intel GPU driver go?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

I did say set it up at 69FPS so you can see when it is hitting 60FPS. Do you have VSYNC OFF as is recommended by Codemasters? Temps sound OK then, but I'd expect that of an MSI Gaming Laptop. How did installing the Intel GPU driver go?

Yeah V-sync is off. Should I have reinstalled the Intel one as well? DDU didn't let me uninstall both together so I thought I'd do the Nvidia one as the game is set to run on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Elfster85 said:

Yeah V-sync is off. Should I have reinstalled the Intel one as well? DDU didn't let me uninstall both together so I thought I'd do the Nvidia one as the game is set to run on it. 

It's just a hunch I have about the different driver models as plenty of hybrid graphics solutions have issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like I'm not the only one with this issue on the forum at least. Does Codemasters plan to do anything about it? @BarryBL

This guy's got the same problem: 

 

Edited by Elfster85

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Elfster85 said:

Seems like I'm not the only one with this issue on the forum at least. Does Codemasters plan to do anything about it? @BarryBL

This guy's got the same problem: 

 

Different issue here @Elfster85 as this users issue is for sure a Online specific one. From your report, it happens in all modes? Is this including MyTeam, My Career and the specifically offline game modes too. Adding a video of this happening in offline only modes will eliminate any chance of this being a online issue.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

Different issue here @Elfster85 as this users issue is for sure a Online specific one. From your report, it happens in all modes? Is this including MyTeam, My Career and the specifically offline game modes too. Adding a video of this happening in offline only modes will eliminate any chance of this being a online issue.

 

Ah ok, I see. Yeah, it's not just online. The video in the first post in this thread was from time trial. Well idk is my issue a lost cause then? The only way it goes away temporarily is by scaling the display up or down. 

Edited by Elfster85

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TT is technically a online mode, because of Leaderboard, Ghosts etc. Does it happen in MyTeam/Career for example?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BarryBL said:

TT is technically a online mode, because of Leaderboard, Ghosts etc. Does it happen in MyTeam/Career for example?

 

It happens in GP mode for sure. I don’t play career/my team so never saw it there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×