Jump to content Jump to content

Plans for the Celica GT-Four?

Trumanpriest

Guys, IMHO, if Toyota says "No" to Dirt Rally...nothing to do there for now. Don't spend your time sending e-mails to nowhere, because for toyota, You are one more of million and millons of people....I repeat, IMHO
@BrySkye , Thanks for your job! It's the only way to see Toyota in this game....for now :)

bye!

There is something i'm wondering about....who did codemaster ask at toyota exactly about that ?

According to a response I got from the motorsport branch (former TTE), they did not even receive a request from codemaster!

I don't know, but for the sport(racing) cars, I don't think I would ask toyota in general, but I would ask the exact branch that was in charge.....

here is the answer I got from them(If @justbiglee can tell the team in charge of licensing about that....)

Dear [blank]

Thanks for your email and support of Toyota. At TMG, we received no request from Codemasters regarding this game. With all due respect, we are a motorsport company and we are not able to monitor all future video game releases to propose the inclusion of our cars - we can only react to requests. We have done this happily with another video game producer and you can find some nice historic Toyota cars in the "Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo" game.

Additionally, the WRC has an exclusive video games deal, which they ask all participating manufacturers to respect. I notice that the list of manufacturers does not include any current official WRC manufacturers. If the request was sent to our head office in Japan, potentially this is a reason why they did not get involved.

We are looking forward to seeing Toyota cars in future WRC games.

Kind regards,
Toyota Motorsport GmbH

No offence, but i'm pretty sure the licensing department team within Codemasters know who to contact at Toyota. It certainly wouldn't be anyone at the TMG as they're just Toyota's motorsport arm, they don't hold the copyrights to the cars. That'll be done at HQ in Japan.

No offence, but i'm pretty sure the licensing department team within Codemasters know who to contact at Toyota. It certainly wouldn't be anyone at the TMG as they're just Toyota's motorsport arm, they don't hold the copyrights to the cars. That'll be done at HQ in Japan.

I'd like to agree, but do you not then find it a little curious that they (TMG) mention SLRE and that they reacted to their request while saying they didn't get one from Codies?
Fair to say it would at least seem a bit odd that TMG are aware of one game but not the other.
Still seems to me that at least historic Toyota rally cars would very much be on the table unless it's a financial issue.

Thanks to SLRE, we can at least discount the theory that in their run up to re-joining the WRC, Toyota might be trying to distance themselves from their Rally history, especially in relation to the ST-205 and cheating.
Saying as SLRE doesn't have the WRC license either, we can also discount TMG's own theory about that being a factor.

It's entirely possible that while TMG can't make the decisions on their own, they might however be far more capable of working with and convincing those at Toyota HQ which do make them.
If nothing else, that email from TMG, if it's accurate, would at least seem to be potentially opening a door just a tiny crack, so you'd think it would at least be worth looking into.

All credit to them for responding, but very intriguing indeed. As for who licenses what, we could only guess about that - it could be Toyota corporate, Toyota Cars, it could be TMG or it could be their new company Gazoo Racing.

Nice of them to give you exclusive SLRE news though ;)

Partially this would make me guess/wildly speculate that SLRE have an exclusive deal for certain models. It's just a pity they're going to handle like boats.......

Partially this would make me guess/wildly speculate that SLRE have an exclusive deal for certain models. It's just a pity they're going to handle like boats.......
Personally, I would find that highly unlikely in the case of Toyota. You pay a hell of a lot more for exclusivity. If Milestone really have that kind of cash in the first place, I very much doubt they would use it on old Toyotas rather than a brand Loeb is actually associated with.
Or a big Italian marque. You know how Italians are.
Plus, TMG didn't say anything about exclusivity with them either.

Still, who'd have thought that the news SLRE will feature historic Toyota rally cars would be revealed first on the Codemasters DiRT Rally forum via a quoted email of TMG.

I would say "you need to sell that exclusive" but I don't think anyone really cares about the game anyway...

I assume you replied to ask which ones? :P
Well, no.
Given that this topic is about Toyota, I assumed that by you imagining that SLRE might have certain car exclusives, you were speculating that Toyota cars might be among them.
I just find that unlikely for the reasons mentioned above.

Unless you mean the exclusive news about Toyota being in SLRE, which is another subject all together.

Archived