Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jules Bianchi 1989-2015

Very sad news of Jules' passing, may he rest in peace

https://twitter.com/ManorF1Team/status/622214914933977088

Losing someone as talented on track and as genuinely lovable as Jules is hurts.
It hurts even more knowing he was that young.

I didn't know him personally and still I'm shocked and deeply saddended. Yes, he was talented, but on top of that so young and full of energy and with so many goals in life. Now it's all gone. Heartbreaking. 
Rest in peace, Jules. Save a thought for Sutil too, he must be feeling absolutely rotten aswell atm. 

This is such a huge tragedy. Jules was undoubtedly the nicest driver in the paddock and had so much potential. He's gone from us, but will now race forever.

Rest in peace Jules.

Heartbreaking news, especially with how young he was. Even more heartbreaking considering how fluky the accident itself was that caused this...

Devastating news. It's so awful that a life can end at 25. Amid all this talk of increasing the "danger" in F1, this is a reminder not to confuse the perception of danger with the reality of it. RIP Jules. 

Wasn't expecting to ever read this :( 

RIP Jules
I was never expecting this either. I was sitting here like half an hour ago and my brother comes into my room and goes; "Have you heard the news about Jules Bianchi?". My instant thought was that he came out of the Coma or something good is happening, then he says that he died. 

It is just devastating. Can't believe this has happened, RIP Jules Bianchi  :(

If only Whiting had sent the safety car after the Sutil's first accident, nothing wrong would have happened. The crash that brought the young man to the grave proceeded from complete disorganization. Rest in peace Jules; your parents are undoubtedly proud of you.

Ah man I wasn't expecting to read this as headline news this morning, absolutely tragic to hear. Could have been one of the stars of the future. 

RIP Jules

You don't have to drive Ferrari to be a legend
#JB17
Rest in peace

Guys, there is a petition going around here to retire the number 17. I've signed it if you want to.
https://www.change.org/p/fia-jean-todt-charlie-whiting-retire-car-number-17-in-honour-of-the-late-jules-bianchi?recruiter=253581176&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=share_twitter_responsive

I'm going to say something that is probably going to anger a few people, but it needs to be said.

I've seen a lot of response from people all over the internet. From Reddit, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, internet forums, you name it. It's quite incredible that people, not even just from the F1 community and F1 fans, but from everyone, are expressing their sympathies. It's amazing. However, there is a few people whose responses have been... incorrect, in the way they go about it. Not necessarily disrespectful or in bad taste, but this kind of overly sentimental attitudes and misplaced anger seems to be either wrong or inappropriate. Retiring the number 17 and asking for closed cockpits is one of those knee-jerk reactions that are based on emotion rather than reason that we need to avoid.

Listen, I get that emotions are running high at the moment. F1 has just had it's first driver fatality in 21 years. Because of this, it's easy to get complacent and have it in our heads that the sport is safe. It's not. Motor racing is, and forever will be, an extremely dangerous game. Obviously no one totally expects it, but all of the people who sign up for it have it somewhere in the back of their minds that something could happen to them, and very unfortunately and sadly it has happened to Jules. This has happened before and it will happen again. But nevertheless, the circus must and will carry on.

Jules had a horrific accident, and frankly I'm surprised he wasn't killed on the spot. Unfortunately, with the type of injury he had and the severity of the accident, there was only one way it was going to go. I can't imagine how difficult it must have been for them to see their son, brother and friend in a state of limbo for such a long time. At least now that he's gone, his family and friends can finally find some peace and closure and try to move on. 

Like most of you, I've always been a fan of Jules. Top bloke and great driver with a lot of potential. His 9th place finish in Monaco is, in my opinion, the feel good story of 2014. I always love it when I see someone's hard work pay off, and it certainly did pay off for both Jules and Marussia. I know it's a cliché, but I think I speak for everyone when I say he will be desperately missed.

Formula 1, and indeed all of motorsport, have lost a true star today. But as they say, those who cast the largest shadow fly closest to the flame.

RIP Jules.

Not going to lie, I now get what people mean when they say it doesn't seem real. It's still odd to me to see the words "Jules Bianchi deceased" on news articles in Dutch.

It's only starting to hit me now and it really hurts. Obviously I never knew him personally, but it doesn't feel right :/