Jump to content Jump to content

Formula 2 A.I. Zandvoort 110% are too slow !!!

Hey Codemasters 

Is there any chance to boost A.I. Difficulty at Zandvoort ?! I mean they are too slow on Difficulty 110%. My average Difficulty for Formula 2 is 103%, but on Zandvoort i can win on 110%. As you can see my qualification time is 1.19.987, that put me on pole. I think A.I. time on Difficulty 110% should be 1.19.0. So basically you need to boost them 1 sec faster on this track.

My settings are :

• Controller ( PS4 )
  • Brake Assist : Medium
  • Traction Control : OFF
  • Car Setup : Default / Balanced

20201209_100116.jpg

Edited by SabolcSaghmeist
  • Administrator

Hi @SabolcSaghmeist

Thanks for the report. I can see the increase in level here, however, perhaps you are just really good at Zandvoort! The gap from you to 2nd is 0.082, which is very small. If it was something like 5 tenths perhaps, I think it may be a AI issue under these conditions. Maybe go into Time Trail, and set a F2 time at Zandvoort and another track, and compare where you sit in the leaderboards. If they are drastically different, maybe you are just really good there.

I have tracks that I'm pretty strong at (Russia and USA come to mind), but tracks where I'm miles off the pace (Hanoi being my example).

53 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @SabolcSaghmeist

Thanks for the report. I can see the increase in level here, however, perhaps you are just really good at Zandvoort! The gap from you to 2nd is 0.082, which is very small. If it was something like 5 tenths perhaps, I think it may be a AI issue under these conditions. Maybe go into Time Trail, and set a F2 time at Zandvoort and another track, and compare where you sit in the leaderboards. If they are drastically different, maybe you are just really good there.

I have tracks that I'm pretty strong at (Russia and USA come to mind), but tracks where I'm miles off the pace (Hanoi being my example).

@BarryBL Hehe, nooo... I am not that good at Zandvoort 🙂 Its fact that A.I. is slow here at (Zandvoort) in Formula 1 and also in Formula 2 🙂 but in Formula 2 they are brutally slow. Okey its nevermind, i will play this track on AI 110% and thats it. In overall i can say track to track Balance this year is better then in F1 2019.  

• Administrator

Can you try comparing how you perform on TT with Zandvoort and another circuit, as this would be the great equaliser. Russia, my AI is 108 and I could really go to 110 I think now, but Hanoi is a struggle at 85. For Zandvoort, I'm pretty average (around 100-103) for where I normally am for other tracks, so I have to initially suspect drivers may have separate strong and weak tracks.

• Haha 1

@BarryBL Barry common 🙂 I am not that stupid ... If you can play Russia on 108%, then you can play all tracks on +100% Difficulty 🙂 Zandvoort is not well Balanced and thats fact ... I dont know how hard to program A.I. to make them faster, i think its not just one click and thats it, so i understand you. 

Difference beetween AI 108% and AI 85% is about 3 second 🙂 

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, SabolcSaghmeist said:

@BarryBL Barry common 🙂 I am not that stupid ... If you can play Russia on 108%, then you can play all tracks on +100% Difficulty 🙂 Zandvoort is not well Balanced and thats fact ... I dont know it how hard to program A.I. to make them faster, i think its not just one click and thats it, so i understand you. 

Difference beetween AI 108% and AI 85% is about 3 second 🙂 

From our league races @SabolcSaghmeist, I 100% can be that inconsistent! I'm sure lots of other F1 forum racers will testify to that. Russia I can fight for wins, Monaco I'm lucky to get points. 

To address the original post, we would probably need more concrete information and feedback from a number of players to look into this. Considering your gap to P2 is 0.082 of a second (fractional) and we've not seen other reports of this, I have to presume you've put together a really good lap. We also don't know your usual performance at 103 on other tracks (are you still winning?) so its a hard measuring stick with only 1 end of it at the moment. If the gap was about 3 seconds to P2, either there's a problem or you need to be in esports!

• Confused 1
16 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

From our league races @SabolcSaghmeist, I 100% can be that inconsistent! I'm sure lots of other F1 forum racers will testify to that. Russia I can fight for wins, Monaco I'm lucky to get points. 

To address the original post, we would probably need more concrete information and feedback from a number of players to look into this. Considering your gap to P2 is 0.082 of a second (fractional) and we've not seen other reports of this, I have to presume you've put together a really good lap. We also don't know your usual performance at 103 on other tracks (are you still winning?) so its a hard measuring stick with only 1 end of it at the moment. If the gap was about 3 seconds to P2, either there's a problem or you need to be in esports!

@BarryBL Okey Barry, nevermind 🙂 I am downloading new update 🙂 I hope you made Formula 2 Drivers realisticly fast, so Mick Schumacher is not the slowest driver in the game. He must be the fastest in F2 🙂 I will test it again on AI 110% (Zandvoort) with new Formula 2 Drivers, maybe this kids are faster then in F2 2019 xD