Sign in to follow this  

F1 2020 my team too good at start

I started a new my team career yesterday, and before the first grand prix my car was ranked around 7th on the R&D screen.

A bit unrealistic already being faster than williams, haas and alfa romeo considering its a new team which doesn't even have any decent facilities?

I'm going back to standard career mode for now, wanted the team to be the slowest originally and build from nothing!

• Agree 1

You can be the slowest, its to do with the way you answer the interview questions at the beginning. On each of you answers just give the generic or R&D answer and say williams see your closest rival. 

If you answer saying your chassis is looking good then it will be better at beginning of game. 

Hope that makes sense, it is possible to start as the worse.

44 minutes ago, SlashedPenny5 said:

I started a new my team career yesterday, and before the first grand prix my car was ranked around 7th on the R&D screen.

A bit unrealistic already being faster than williams, haas and alfa romeo considering its a new team which doesn't even have any decent facilities?

I'm going back to standard career mode for now, wanted the team to be the slowest originally and build from nothing!

Brawn GP came and won a championship, I mean everything is possible😉

1 hour ago, Ukbordoy said:

You can be the slowest, its to do with the way you answer the interview questions at the beginning. On each of you answers just give the generic or R&D answer and say williams see your closest rival. 

If you answer saying your chassis is looking good then it will be better at beginning of game. 

This is exactly what I did and then I didn’t make any upgrades until Williams passed me on the R&D graph. I’ve also intentionally upgraded at a pace behind Williams my entire first season so to make my first year as challenging as possible by being last on the R&D graph. I’m planning on sticking behind the 3rd slowest team in year two and give myself 3-4 seasons of slow paced R&D upgrades to make it more fun and somewhat more realistic. 

1 hour ago, svensenk86 said:

Brawn GP came and won a championship, I mean everything is possible😉

Brawn took on Honda’s chassis and aero which they’d spent millions on, then put the best PU in it😉

1 hour ago, Ukbordoy said:

I thought that too, so I started again and re-answered Will Buxton’s questions, made sure I didn’t choose any options which improve performance or if that wasn’t possible just selected the durability one, but it was still 7th or 8th on the table. It’d be cool if you could choose if your team is competitive in S1 or a back marker

1 hour ago, SlashedPenny5 said:

Brawn took on Honda’s chassis and aero which they’d spent millions on, then put the best PU in it😉

Well it was a new team 😜😁

3 hours ago, Theseus said:

This is exactly what I did and then I didn’t make any upgrades until Williams passed me on the R&D graph. I’ve also intentionally upgraded at a pace behind Williams my entire first season so to make my first year as challenging as possible by being last on the R&D graph. I’m planning on sticking behind the 3rd slowest team in year two and give myself 3-4 seasons of slow paced R&D upgrades to make it more fun and somewhat more realistic. 

I do the same, even if I have loads of R&D points I only spend a small amount just to keep at the level I want to be at and slowly improve. No point just flying to front of grid otherwise I might as well have started a game with Mercedes.

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Ukbordoy said:

I do the same, even if I have loads of R&D points I only spend a small amount just to keep at the level I want to be at and slowly improve. No point just flying to front of grid otherwise I might as well have started a game with Mercedes.

Just improve the AI level when you flying away of the field. Also a big part is the driver ratings. I have Verstappen in the midfield ferrari leading the pack,so it is not just R&D...

We already had this discussion earlier somewhere here on the forums. I still think it is a shame you cannot opt to have the worst car and engine right at the start of "your team", even if i agree improving AI level will somewhat counter this. I am relatively new to the series, but switched all driving aids off as soon as possible, and had the AI around 50% when starting to learn the game. Was a steep curve, meanwhile i am around 80% AI including simulation damage, and there are training sessions in which i fail and so there are some development points gone. Also, I refuse to look for setups on the web (well mostly that is) and this also makes things way harder to play catch up. Still, in the end as a masochist gamer i would still like to ensure my car is the worst on the grid 1st year. Cause thats what hardcore modes are for, are they not? Cheers all!

I agree. I think you should have the option of starting as one of the best teams or a backmarker, or a midfielder. That would open up lots of ways for people to play, as cool as a Road to Glory is.