Sign in to follow this  

Problems connecting to Racenet in GRID 2

Question

Every time GRID 2 needs to 'contact racenet', I get "Connection Failed" and I cannot access GRID Online (Online, Global Challenges, and Rivals sections). I cannot find any other post relating to this issue but it's been happening since last evening (unsure what time). Anyone else have this issue? Did I miss an announcement or something?

Looks like you beat me by a couple of minutes - I just posted about the same issue!

I get the error for Global Challenge and Rivals, but Online seems to be unaffected for me.

Same issue this morning 6-9  Sweden time. Has been an issue lately again, could not log in last night or this a.m. running pc Grid 2 version via Steam. All other games in Steam working fine, files validated. Other friends are having same issues.  Please keep informed ty

My game is through Steam. I'm in America by the way (Central Time). I don't know if that's going to make a difference in your troubleshooting.

For me this only occurs after global challanges/rivals get the weekly update. I can do 2 or 3 challanges and then contact is lost for some time with racenet(online race is unaffected). After 1 or 2 hours it's back to normal again. Maybe it's a traffic issue? People that wanna do the new challenges + new rivals getting drawn? Altough i believe that they aren't updated at the same time. Running the PS3 digital version.

Same problem here.  And when I do get in...there is never a race going on.  Its a non-starter for me which is frustrating as hell.  I'm from Singapore and am playing it via Steam

Happened to me 4 or 5 times yesterday. You finish a segment in global challenges and then it can't connect to it again unless you quit the game and boot it back up.

I also can not find any of the 4 videos I uploaded to my LINKED youtube account! What the 7734 is going on???

i'm have a similar issue also but mine is telling me that i'm unable to make secure communication with racenet. i have only been in there 1 time and have never been able to get back in...I'm running the pc version via steam.. Any ideas that i may do to fix this? i have turned off my firewall, antivirus and still same issue.... Please help. i have 2 other friend that play an they have no issues doing rivals and global challenges. 

I bought this game few weeks ago ONLY for the "Global Challenge" mode. Since several days, 100% of my attempts to connect to RACENET fails. Until you solve this issue (Hopefully quickly) my purchase is totaly USELESS to me. THANKS !

FationablyLate said:

Every time GRID 2 needs to 'contact racenet', I get "Connection Failed" and I cannot access GRID Online (Online, Global Challenges, and Rivals sections). I cannot find any other post relating to this issue but it's been happening since last evening (unsure what time). Anyone else have this issue? Did I miss an announcement or something?

Same here.

PC Steam.

Steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972739860/ 

I can connect normally on webrowser https://racenet.codemasters.com/ and see my profile, my rivals, global challenge. But in game i cant play.

its a shame ...i have seen so many active users playing this game .... but racenet is sleeping ... regret that i start playing this stupid game

Wow the support is really poor XD Same issue here and with all these message, it seems the probleme is here for a while :