Sign in to follow this  

Lapped AI cars divebombing

So this has been an issue since release. When you lap the AI shortly before a turn (mostly right turns), they will try to divebomb into the inside of the corner, most of the times hitting your rear tire and causing you to spin slightly. They do this even when you are fully ahead of them. 

• Agree 1

do you have an example? normally the lapped AI is acting quite ok. Where is the Ideal Line to drive in this corner? I had it in austria once when I was lapping a car. second last fast right (when you also enterring the pits) I wanted to go inside by, but the AI was also going inside to make space as the ideal line is a bit more outside there....since then I had no more issues.

As I am in season 5 now normally no lapping does take place anymore even on 50% races.

43 minutes ago, svensenk86 said:

do you have an example? normally the lapped AI is acting quite ok. Where is the Ideal Line to drive in this corner? I had it in austria once when I was lapping a car. second last fast right (when you also enterring the pits) I wanted to go inside by, but the AI was also going inside to make space as the ideal line is a bit more outside there....since then I had no more issues.

As I am in season 5 now normally no lapping does take place anymore even on 50% races.

An example is China's long straight. During the end of the straight the lapped AI will divebomb to the inside even if you are fully ahead of them. I will try to capture a video if this happens again.

This problem is made even worse when you get lucky with a safety car and faster drivers are stuck behind you a lap behind but you cant push on as they just carry on acting asthough they are racing you. So annoying. 

• Agree 1

On 12/11/2020 at 2:44 AM, AvengerGR35 said:

So this has been an issue since release. When you lap the AI shortly before a turn (mostly right turns), they will try to divebomb into the inside of the corner, most of the times hitting your rear tire and causing you to spin slightly. They do this even when you are fully ahead of them. 

I’ve had this as well - frustrating!

• Agree 1