F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

F2 2020 Unrealistic Drivers Performance

HEY CODEMASTERS and HEY @BarryBL

Do you have in plan to update Drivers Performance in F2 2020 ? You know i am asking this, because now it is very unrealistic in your game. Artem Markelov is the best A.I. in your game, in real life he was almost the weakest this year (He finished 18th in Championship). Mick Schumacher the World Champion of F2 2020 is almost the weakest A.I. in your game (He is on average 15th in your game). I dont know how other people think, but for me its a game killer if Drivers Performance are Unrealistic. I dont know how hard it is to make it realistic (I mean programming or other things ...) , but i hope you will update this problem with F2 2020.

In your game F1 2019 it was amazing with F2 2018 and F2 2019, it was like in Real Life Drivers Performance, but this year it is very bad.

Edited by SabolcSaghmeist
  • Agree 6

I'm definitely agree with you Sabolc

we need to fix F2 DRIVERS performance becuase markelov was vey bad this year and in the game it's almost always first or second

even schumacher ilott tsunoda and other top f2 drivers was always in the midfield or in the last places 

f2 2018 and f2 2019 drivers performances on f1 2019 game was excellent but in this f1 2020 are completely wrong

this game in my opinion it's the best of codemasters for current gen

i waited for 5 months f2 2020 season because it's the best season of f2 and i wanna play a lot of championship with differenr real drivers... 

please we only ask you to fix f2 drivers performances

codemasters do a great job this year especially with performance patch for ferrari and racing point that put finally this cars in the right places on the grid

can you do the same with f2 2019-2020 drivers?

sorry for my english guys i'm italian

• Agree 5

Renders it unplayable for me, completely breaks the illusion that I'm playing the 2020 F2 season. 

Such a shame. 

• Agree 5

@BarryBL Why you did not answer ? Drivers Performance are broken in F2 2020 and that is fact ... Is it really hard to make it realistic ? F2 2020 would be 10/10, but those unrealistic results are killing the game. You just need to make it like in F1 2019 game, there was very realistic results in F2 Series ... 

Edited by TheSerbian
  • Agree 3

@BarryBL Hey Barry 🙂 I know its not about you to update the Drivers Performance of F2 2020 🙂 But please, tell to people in Codemasters whos are working on programming for A.I., just update Drivers Performance in F2 2020 🙂 You dont need to answer to me, just go to Codemasters office and tell them : Guys, update those A.I. Performance for F2 2020, because this man on forum is getting very boring with this problem. 🙂

Yes i have 2 profiles ( The Serbian and SabolcSaghmeist ) I use TheSerbian at home and i use SabolcSaghmeist at work 🙂

1 minute ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

I've raised this to the developers and it is something under investigation. Just as a sidenote, "just go to Codemasters office and tell them" is, at the moment, physically impossible, Tier 3 lockdowns in the centre of England means we've not been in the office since March (myself since January). So, that's a little difficult 😛 

Nice !!! I hope they now that Mick Schumacher is the World Champion of F2 2020, so he must be the best F2 A.I. in the game 🙂 In F1 2019 game Formula 2 2018 and Formula 2 2019 had very realistic A.I. Performance 🙂 Maybe this year A.I. programming is different because of stats ( Awareness, Race Craft, Pace ... ) but i hope they can make it good and realistic like in F1 2019 game 🙂

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

I've raised this to the developers and it is something under investigation. Just as a sidenote, "just go to Codemasters office and tell them" is, at the moment, physically impossible, Tier 3 lockdowns in the centre of England means we've not been in the office since March (myself since January). Or really even leave the house in that matter. So, that's a little difficult 😛 

EDIT: To update here, we do have a final driver stats update planned that will take us to the end of the 2020 seasons for both F1 and F2 championships.

Hi @BarryBL will the 2019 F2 drivers be adjusted because the top 4 from that championship DeVries Latifi Sette Camara and Ghiotto are usually racing towards the back of the grid and not for race wins like they were? 

Thanks 

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, ojhowells said:

Hi @BarryBL will the 2019 F2 drivers be adjusted because the top 4 from that championship DeVries Latifi Sette Camara and Ghiotto are usually racing towards the back of the grid and not for race wins like they were? 

Thanks 

OMG ... Who cares about F2 2019 ?! 🙂 I think 99% of people are playing with F2 2020 after we got the update 🙂 So @BarryBL just update F2 2020 and delete F2 2019 Season 😂

Pending scheduled update is for the F1 2020 and F2 2020 drivers. Just to confirm, there is no ETA for this just yet.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Hi @BarryBL

With f2 drivers being updated soon will it be possible to have mixed feature race strategies to keep F2 fresh and interesting as I found after a year of 2019 cars it got very repetitive. Does it take a lot to change to coding to get some cars to start on different compounds for the feature races? Thanks 

It has been this years latest stats criteria that seems to have broken the weighting a little as F2 2019 and F2 2020 have some erratic results. Last years game both F2 2018 and F2 2019 seemed relatively accurate (at least on my game). For example on F1-2019, my top 5 of F2-19 would usually (after about 3-4 run throughs) be De Vries, Latifi, Ghiotto, Zhou and Hubert which isn't unreasonable. However on F1-2020, my top 5 of F2-19 (after 2 run throughs) would be Aitken, Mazepin, Hubert, Matsushita and Alesi. De Vries is usually down around 10th to 12th and the DAMS always finish bottom of the constructors championship and I don't think Sette Camara has even scored a point. 

Most performance issues I have on my game seem to be down to the awareness stat, in particular as those with the higher awareness seem to performing better on my game and those with that stat lower seem to be woeful.

I think it's tricky to find the right balance as the stats also have to reflect the actual driver. Case in point, in the OP's post, Markelov was mentioned. Yes, this year he was trundling around at the back so you'd want that reflecting in the game but he's a really good driver so you can't put his stats as that of a backmarker. However, with the cars being similar in the game, the easiest way to do this would be to give the drivers of the lower-performing cars, rankings that are low. This would achieve a half-decent balance. However, this would completely screw up MyTeam play as drivers that are actually quite good drivers in lower teams (Markelov, Matsushita, Deletraz) would be completely nerfed. I think it's probably the teams that need affecting as well as the drivers as your Carlins, Prema's and UNI-Virtuosi's should always be near the front. 

I'm assuming Schumi would be rated around 69-70 in the update but he's probably not the best outright driver in the field in any one statistic so you'd have to have the better ones higher which would make them F1 level already. He's definitely the most consistent and still a top 5ish driver although Ilott was faster but made more mistakes, Tsunoda was along the same vein and Shwartzman seems like he's just qualifying ability away from being dominant, Drugovich is probably faster when the car is set up to this liking. It was Prema's ability to consistently have the car up there and Schumi's better qualifying that put him at the top rather than his supreme ability. Would he have won the title in an MP or a HWA? Of course not. That's the bit that needs reflecting more than who is a good driver and who isn't. Pourchaire will be an exceptional driver in 2-3 years and he couldn't make a dent in the HWA so he'd have been rated about a 55 or so. He'll be in the ART next year and he'll skyrocket up to mid 60's at least (like Lundgaard probably will) so it's car balancing as well as driver balancing needed. 

36 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

It has been this years latest stats criteria that seems to have broken the weighting a little as F2 2019 and F2 2020 have some erratic results. Last years game both F2 2018 and F2 2019 seemed relatively accurate (at least on my game). For example on F1-2019, my top 5 of F2-19 would usually (after about 3-4 run throughs) be De Vries, Latifi, Ghiotto, Zhou and Hubert which isn't unreasonable. However on F1-2020, my top 5 of F2-19 (after 2 run throughs) would be Aitken, Mazepin, Hubert, Matsushita and Alesi. De Vries is usually down around 10th to 12th and the DAMS always finish bottom of the constructors championship and I don't think Sette Camara has even scored a point. 

Most performance issues I have on my game seem to be down to the awareness stat, in particular as those with the higher awareness seem to performing better on my game and those with that stat lower seem to be woeful.

I think it's tricky to find the right balance as the stats also have to reflect the actual driver. Case in point, in the OP's post, Markelov was mentioned. Yes, this year he was trundling around at the back so you'd want that reflecting in the game but he's a really good driver so you can't put his stats as that of a backmarker. However, with the cars being similar in the game, the easiest way to do this would be to give the drivers of the lower-performing cars, rankings that are low. This would achieve a half-decent balance. However, this would completely screw up MyTeam play as drivers that are actually quite good drivers in lower teams (Markelov, Matsushita, Deletraz) would be completely nerfed. I think it's probably the teams that need affecting as well as the drivers as your Carlins, Prema's and UNI-Virtuosi's should always be near the front. 

I'm assuming Schumi would be rated around 69-70 in the update but he's probably not the best outright driver in the field in any one statistic so you'd have to have the better ones higher which would make them F1 level already. He's definitely the most consistent and still a top 5ish driver although Ilott was faster but made more mistakes, Tsunoda was along the same vein and Shwartzman seems like he's just qualifying ability away from being dominant, Drugovich is probably faster when the car is set up to this liking. It was Prema's ability to consistently have the car up there and Schumi's better qualifying that put him at the top rather than his supreme ability. Would he have won the title in an MP or a HWA? Of course not. That's the bit that needs reflecting more than who is a good driver and who isn't. Pourchaire will be an exceptional driver in 2-3 years and he couldn't make a dent in the HWA so he'd have been rated about a 55 or so. He'll be in the ART next year and he'll skyrocket up to mid 60's at least (like Lundgaard probably will) so it's car balancing as well as driver balancing needed. 

I think Codemasters knows that what they need to update, to make Realistic Drivers Performance. In Grand Prix Mode we just need to have realistic results , MY TEAM CAREER MODE is a different thing. So i would say, they need different programming for A.I. in FORMULA 2 for Grand Prix Mode and they need different programming for A.I. Formula 2 in MY TEAM Career Mode 🙂 So i mean with those stats (Racecraft, Awareness, Pace, Experience ... ) it is very hard to make balance and realistic performance, so that is the reason why Grand Prix Mode needs less stats for A.I. , because then it is easier to make realistic performance.

F1 2019 Game Formula 2 Drivers Performance was a more realistic because of less stats. I think in F1 2019 game it was more easier to make balance and realistic performance, because drivers didnt have those stats ...

22 minutes ago, SabolcSaghmeist said:

I think Codemasters knows that what they need to update, to make Realistic Drivers Performance. In Grand Prix Mode we just need to have realistic results , MY TEAM CAREER MODE is a different thing. So i would say, they need different programming for A.I. in FORMULA 2 for Grand Prix Mode and they need different programming for A.I. Formula 2 in MY TEAM Career Mode 🙂 So i mean with those stats (Racecraft, Awareness, Pace, Experience ... ) it is very hard to make balance and realistic performance, so that is the reason why Grand Prix Mode needs less stats for A.I. , because then it is easier to make realistic performance.

F1 2019 Game Formula 2 Drivers Performance was a more realistic because of less stats. I think in F1 2019 game it was more easier to make balance and realistic performance, because drivers didnt have those stats ...

You'd assume that they'd know and that they're implementing that. However, whenever something gets fixed, it invariably breaks something else further down the line so they're probably testing it at the moment, hence why we've not got F2-2020 in MyTeam. 

I'm currently doing F2 2020 Championships on 100% and i've now just finished Monaco Feature Race and the results are evening out abit but there are still issues. I mean, it's nice it's not EXACTLY like the real F2 2020 season but you'd want some level of scaling. 

1. Shwartzman - Not entirely unreasonable. He should definitely be up there. 

2. Piquet -  (That's me. I'm just getting lucky with consistency which is the only reason i'm loitering around here as I haven't even won a race yet)

3. Markelov - In terms of ability, he probably should be around top 8. In terms of the year he had in the car. Definitely way ahead of where he should be.

4. Drugovich - Actually looked really strong and was dominate in Spain Feature where he won by 12 seconds.

5. Matsushita - Always there or thereabouts without really being too threatening. 

6. Tsunoda - Some races he's top 5 and others he's at the back. 

7. Lundgaard - Same as Tsunoda. Podium in two races. Back of the field in two other ones. 

8. Ilott - He's had one win and two sprint race points. He's been 18th, 16th and 15th in feature races too. Terrible qualifier except for one race where he started 3rd and won. 

9. Sato - Finished 2nd in Bahrain Feature and 4th in the Sprint. Don't think he's been in the top half since then. 

10. Ticktum - Looked really fast without ever scoring points. Definitely holds most fastest laps outside the points positions. 

11. Zhou - Half the time I forget he's even driving. Awful qualifier but scores alot in of lower points sprint races so his race pace over the two races is good.

12. Daruvala - Did well in one of the sprint races but barely scoring. 

13. Schumacher - He lucked into points twice but he's probably the weirdest case as he isn't good in qualifying or the race. He should be decent qualifier (between 5th and 10th) and strong racer. He's neither. 

14. Aitken - He has had 3 engine failures and didn't finish in Monaco Feature due to pile-up, which I think is retiring more races than he's finished. I think he's only finished one feature race! He's always doing well before his bad luck hits (around 4th to 8th place).

15. Mazepin - He's fast. Really fast. But qualifies around the midfield and has to work his way forward. I think he has the right race pace but not quali.

16. Armstrong - He's always on the fringes of points. it's like he's coded to always finish just outside. 

17. Gelael - Two points probably isn't unreasonable. Some races he's at the back and others he's around the midfield. I'm actually fine with his performances.

18. Deletraz - The worst on the game by far. There was a crash in the Monaco Feature race and he finished 10th. In the Sprint race in Spain he finished 1:15 behind the leader and 17 seconds behind the next car up the road. No damage or anything. Just was slow. 

19. Alesi - The first of the non-scorers. He's had a few good races but he always seems to be a long way off the points. Did get an 11th at Bahrain though which is the only thing keeping him here.

20. Nissany - Woeful. Although he isn't sensational in real life, he's probably being a little hard done by. Got 12th in Monaco which moved him up 2 places in the standings.

21. Samaia - It looks reasonable but he was in 6th place in a feature race at Netherlands before engine failure so maybe needs some work doing here.

22. Ghiotto - He's actually been awful. He hasn't qualified above 16th and finished above 17th yet. Definitely a problem here. 

1 hour ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

You'd assume that they'd know and that they're implementing that. However, whenever something gets fixed, it invariably breaks something else further down the line so they're probably testing it at the moment, hence why we've not got F2-2020 in MyTeam. 

I'm currently doing F2 2020 Championships on 100% and i've now just finished Monaco Feature Race and the results are evening out abit but there are still issues. I mean, it's nice it's not EXACTLY like the real F2 2020 season but you'd want some level of scaling. 

1. Shwartzman - Not entirely unreasonable. He should definitely be up there. 

2. Piquet -  (That's me. I'm just getting lucky with consistency which is the only reason i'm loitering around here as I haven't even won a race yet)

3. Markelov - In terms of ability, he probably should be around top 8. In terms of the year he had in the car. Definitely way ahead of where he should be.

4. Drugovich - Actually looked really strong and was dominate in Spain Feature where he won by 12 seconds.

5. Matsushita - Always there or thereabouts without really being too threatening. 

6. Tsunoda - Some races he's top 5 and others he's at the back. 

7. Lundgaard - Same as Tsunoda. Podium in two races. Back of the field in two other ones. 

8. Ilott - He's had one win and two sprint race points. He's been 18th, 16th and 15th in feature races too. Terrible qualifier except for one race where he started 3rd and won. 

9. Sato - Finished 2nd in Bahrain Feature and 4th in the Sprint. Don't think he's been in the top half since then. 

10. Ticktum - Looked really fast without ever scoring points. Definitely holds most fastest laps outside the points positions. 

11. Zhou - Half the time I forget he's even driving. Awful qualifier but scores alot in of lower points sprint races so his race pace over the two races is good.

12. Daruvala - Did well in one of the sprint races but barely scoring. 

13. Schumacher - He lucked into points twice but he's probably the weirdest case as he isn't good in qualifying or the race. He should be decent qualifier (between 5th and 10th) and strong racer. He's neither. 

14. Aitken - He has had 3 engine failures and didn't finish in Monaco Feature due to pile-up, which I think is retiring more races than he's finished. I think he's only finished one feature race! He's always doing well before his bad luck hits (around 4th to 8th place).

15. Mazepin - He's fast. Really fast. But qualifies around the midfield and has to work his way forward. I think he has the right race pace but not quali.

16. Armstrong - He's always on the fringes of points. it's like he's coded to always finish just outside. 

17. Gelael - Two points probably isn't unreasonable. Some races he's at the back and others he's around the midfield. I'm actually fine with his performances.

18. Deletraz - The worst on the game by far. There was a crash in the Monaco Feature race and he finished 10th. In the Sprint race in Spain he finished 1:15 behind the leader and 17 seconds behind the next car up the road. No damage or anything. Just was slow. 

19. Alesi - The first of the non-scorers. He's had a few good races but he always seems to be a long way off the points. Did get an 11th at Bahrain though which is the only thing keeping him here.

20. Nissany - Woeful. Although he isn't sensational in real life, he's probably being a little hard done by. Got 12th in Monaco which moved him up 2 places in the standings.

21. Samaia - It looks reasonable but he was in 6th place in a feature race at Netherlands before engine failure so maybe needs some work doing here.

22. Ghiotto - He's actually been awful. He hasn't qualified above 16th and finished above 17th yet. Definitely a problem here. 

The problem is that if they program A.I. differenty Qualificaion Pace and Race Pace then we got totally unrealistic Results, because A.I. cant overtake in this game like in real life. So if Mick Schumacher or Callum Illott starting the race at +10 position then they cant win the race in game, but in real life they can win easily from that position. So Codemasters need to program A.I. Qualification Pace and Race Pace Equal to get realistic results and of the race and of course all Championship to be realistic.

So lets say Callum Illot Qualification Pace is 75 and Race Pace is 95. Then we will got totally unrealistic results in the game, because Illott will start races approx 10 - 15 positions and he will never won the race, because as i said A.I. cant overtake in game like in real life. That is the reason why we need Equal Qualification and Race stats to get Realistic results.