DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Frequency of rally classes in challenges

I just recently started to play the career mode of DR2, as I was heavily opposed to an online-only career when it came out. But I already noticed that in the challenges, some rally classes are much more likely to be used than others. R5 is by far the most common, followed (maybe) by Group A. I understand those are the more popular classes, but is it possible to have more frequent challenges with rarer classes, like RWD Group B? I assume this is determined by an algorithm of some sort, as I can't imagine someone at Codies setting up this manually every day, week or month.

On 12/11/2020 at 7:14 PM, Nico said:

I assume this is determined by an algorithm of some sort, as I can't imagine someone at Codies setting up this manually every day, week or month.

It used to be manual but earlier this year it's been automated, much like the older games. There is some algorithm/logic behind it but I don't know the details.

There are also considerations for what kinds of Classes people like to drive, and R5 is (I believe) the most popular Class in the game.

For standard (non-bonus/special) Challenges none of the content features DLC so that the most people possible an enjoy them, which is why Classes like R5 and Group A show up a lot. Any Challenge with a banner (the strip in the top right) can potentially feature DLC content.

• Thanks 1

Just what I thought, the algorithm favors the more popular clases, and "Bonus" events feature some DLC content, either be tracks or cars. I guess for some of my cars I'll have to play the single-player career instead of the challenges. Looking forward to level up all the cars. I should have started this a long while ago. :classic_blush: