Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[PC] F1 2015: Crash on startup

I tried emailing customer service about this but it just spiraled into redundant questions and dead ends, so I guess I'll ask here.

Whenever I start up F1 2015, I get a black screen for a few seconds and then the game crashes. I've tried:

Launching it in windowed mode,
Deleting the hardwaresettings folder in Documents/My Games/F1 2015 ,
Adding -safemode to the launch options in Steam,
Updating my drivers,
Running it as an administrator,
Unplugging all of my USBs upon launch,
Verifying integrity of game cache multiple times,
and reinstalling it.

My specs:
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor            (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Card name: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
Display Memory: 5867 MB
(just woke up, so if I've forgotten something important, please tell me)

Anyone else know how to fix this, or are experiencing similar issues?

My Steam account can be found here, if needed: http://steamcommunity.com/id/SenMithrarin/

Try removing Run as Admin and set it to Vista compatibility.  Not sure why but this helped w/ mine, except for crashing at exit.

Nope. Tried reinstalling it, then went on to running it in Vista compatibility, all the service packs, both with and without run as admin, still to no avail.

I’ve been the last two years trying to understand why F12015, F12016 even  F12017 was crashing without any reason apparently, after trying many  “solutions”, I've done some research about graphics cards and how they work. I even Reset my PC in the process but it doesn't work, it was just frustrating, reinstall many programs games and lots of stuff, see my friends on steam playing without any problem through months, it was sad to believe. 
But my research has come to an end, at least for Nvidia Graphics cards owners, I don't know if you can apply some of this on AMD graphics cards, I hope so.
So in the link, you can find the settings in Nvidia Control Panel that allowed me to play the F1 series again, hope you can too. 
If it worked for you hit me an e-mail just for me to know that my effort worthed for you, and if you want, please make a donation on Paypal, I want to buy 2 copies of F1 2017 (1€ is enough.) ihnder@gmail.com
Your Community Friend, Ihndia 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzo6vx2f86YBei1nMmN1a3ZhVVE