Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

Game does not start

just after new driver update from nvidia version 457.51 the game doesnt start and i keep sending the crash reports. please maybe there is known fix because i dont want to wait a month to resolve it. i just bought the game and it was running smooth. 

Hi,

Thanks for adding your issue. However, we require all bug reports to follow the templates below. This is critical information Codemasters needs to be able to see your bug clearly. Link:

Does the game work correctly should you revert back to a older driver?

Since the patch from August, I'm not being able to play F1 2020, everytime I try to start the game, the EGO Dumper screen shows up. I've sent the Report a bunch of times, but no fix yet, even with other updates.

image.png

• Like 1

same here not since august but since last week for me.  was working fine and support team doesnt care about anything i try.  why you make such a program to send a crash report and do nothing i paid money for this.

Untitled.jpg

im using PC  i5 9600k  

nvidia 2070 rtx super 

16 gb of ram 

and the main problem is that i cant launch the game i get this (see attached file) for 2nd  week now 

i dont understand why i should add any more information regarding this matter.

every time i sended the report as asked in the picture ( see attached file again if neccesary) if that doesnt help you guys to figure what is wrong or you simply dont monitor that section please dont ask me to provide any more information since i paid for this product to work and i can assure you my pc is up to date and everything else works super fine and all the drivers are up to date.

Untitled.jpg

Same issue here. The game does not start and codemasters does not nothing about it.

managed to get in touch with robotic answer from custservice@codemasters.com and  i needed to respond to it just to get the ticket submitted. give it a shot guys the more tickets the more chances that they might do something about it.

Hi,

Thanks for adding your issue. However, we require all bug reports to follow the templates below. This is critical information Codemasters needs to be able to see your bug clearly. Link:

Could you also add Platforms and DXDiag's (for PC) too so I can help identify any issues.

Merged as same topic by same user. @TunelisBlede, can you please avoid posting duplicate threads. A DXdiag will be useful here. Also, please try the below for common troubleshooting solutions:

Hi, replying in this topic following the bug report template:

- Description of the issue: Since the patch from August, I'm not being able to play F1 2020, everytime I try to start the game, the EGO Dumper screen shows up. I've sent the Report a bunch of times, but no fix yet, even with other updates.
- Platform: PC
- Version of the game: can't tell, not even the first screen appears.
- Game-mode: single-player
- Can you make the problem happen again? YES!
- How do you make the problem happen? Just opening the game.
- Troubleshooting attempted: 
1) I verified the files of the installed games a bunch fo times;
2) Reinstalled the game;
3) Reinstalled Stea;
4) Update NVIDIA Driver
- Peripherals: None
- Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.

My STEAM ID: 76561198322460330  

I've also sent an email to Codemasters Community with the log of dxdiag, my steam save and hardware settings.

image.png  image.png.f91e13926013ce4c4f2f61008ead002d.png

• Like 1

Thanks for the completed report @HugoRV,

Can you add details of your motherboard please, as your DXDiag below comes back with this:

"System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
             System Model: System Product Name"

Can you try running the game through the local files. Right click the game, click properties, browse local files, and launch F1 2020 through the files there

Also, try deleting your hardware.settings.xml file, verify the integrity of your Steam files, and try again too 👍

Hi @BarryBL,

My motherboard is ASUS Prime H310M-K

I've deleted the hardware settings xml, and try to run the game via local files after checking the files again, but still the same problem.

Once you've deleted the hardware settings @HugoRV, you do need to re-verify the Steam files before booting.

I did exactly that @BarryBL,

1 - Deleted the hardware settings

2 - Re-verify the Steam files

3 - Try to run the game via local files

So UEFI 2602 is fairly old, I'm going to assume that as 'PC is up to date' 

Recent ME update (25/09/20)

Generic Realtek Audio and LAN drivers should be DCH (UAD) and be able to run DX12 the site ones aren't too old but didn't d/l the audio one to check HDA or UAD. A clean install of W10 would probably find UAD drivers.

But posting the dxdiag to CM HQ is a "one pair of eyes sometime" to a "many eyes anytime sooner" IMO.

Good evening. I have the same problem

1.       A description of the issue. Please include any error codes here.
         everytime i try to start the game over steam, no matter in DX11 or 12 mode, the EGO Dumper comes up and the game crashed. i don't see any F1 2020 window. Game was fine before the 1.14 update.

2.       What version of the game you are using 
         1.15 (but the problem was with 1.14 version too )  

3.       Game-mode?
         Platform Steam with PC  
4.       Are you able to recreate the issue? If so, please include recreation steps on how you encountered this issue.
         Ego dumper

5.       How often do you see this problem? Is it the only time or does it always happen?
         Everytime

6.       Have you tried any troubleshooting? We recommend the steps here as a starting point for any issues. Please let us know what troubleshooting methods you have tried while creating this post.
         I tried all solutions i found on internet....delete and reinstalled game.....update to last driver NVIDIA RTX 2070.....update to last version of Windows 10....check NVIDIA control panel.....verifying the integrity of your Steam files  
         and so on but anything works
7.       Any accessories you are using (gamepad, wheel etc)
         i play with keyboard 

8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.
         see attached files (dx diag and ego dumper ) 
         Motherboard ASUS X-99-A

DxDiag.txt

egodumper.txt

Edited by AndreaMedaglia

12 hours ago, AndreaMedaglia said:

thanks steviejay69 I did it but it still doesn't work

DxDiag.txt

egodumper.log

Can you try installing this update? Or the 4101 UEFI

Also, uninstall any ASMedia USB driver and let WU install / or from W10 inbox.

Please try not to use any of the rear USB3.0 blue ports as these are controlled by the ASMedia chipset.

Any of the breakout connectors for the case should be Intel X99 XHCI ports so they are okay.

I218-V LAN driver

Realtek 1150 DCH (UAD) Audio Driver (you must fully uninstall the HDA driver and restart without internet and install this driver).

Edited by steviejay69