Sign in to follow this  

Quali AI vs race AI

So I'm in season 4 in my team (105 difficulty) with the R&D tree maxed out and my teammate Russell at 97 rating. We are in Zandvoort quali and the AI does blistering times but somehow I ended up P2 in Q3 behind Russell who was 0.860 quicker. But come race day I was 2-3 tenths quicker per lap than him and during the final laps of the race I was 15s ahead until his engine blew up. We both started on the same tyre and were on a similar strategy. This is what happens when the AI can't cheat through simulating 🙂1522607747_MyDadAt17VsMeAt1713122020042040.thumb.jpg.722066a7974608ba2b1cd764124ac5e0.jpg

Its a known issue that if you simulate or fast forward in qualifying then the AI will post faster times then normal. During qualifying do not fast forward, make sure you drive out (do not click straight to fast lap) and when completed your lap drive yourself back to garage (do not go in pause menu to return to garage). The only time I fast forward is when there are no cars on track.

• Agree 1

Make sure that your car is the first car to set a competitive time in qualifying. If you've done that then there won't be any problems. I can't say that the AI is faster in qualifying than in the race, and I've already drove in at least 100 races in MyTeam mode (50% and 100% races).