Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×

Hello! I lost all career saves, also i lost all podium pass "cosmetic" that i unlocked i dont know what to do, i tried to reinstall, to veryify cache please help

P.S. i lost all my setup also

• Platform PC
  • latest version
  • Game-mode my team
  • im using xboxcontroller
Edited by ZeroNihilus

Same here. Xbox, 1.14. After a corrupted save attempt, game crashed, and after restart, save does not load anymore. There's a 100+ MB save in the Games&Apps.

Hi @ZeroNihilus,

Thanks for adding your issue. However, we require all bug reports to follow the templates below. This is critical information Codemasters needs to be able to see your bug clearly. Link:

My friend lost his save too yesterday on X1S in 5th season. Is it still a thing? I have F1 2020 but don't have time. Would be nice to have it fixed before I start 😄 I read it here many times, it's not good.

This is not a gameplay bug. It's a systems and connectivity one. 

I agree, it needs not to happen. 

Advice: If you ever get the gamma setting screen when you start the game, back out of the game and shut it and restart. I've had this two, maybe three times.

It's not a cloud issue, I don't use it. But it certainly needs fixing. I think for whatever reason it is temporary loss of connectivity and the game not picking up the save as a result.

Wow, that's interesting. I will ask my friend what happened before the loss. He doesn't care to much but I don't want to start the career now 😄

I also have this problem! Last night I got told of a corrupted save attempt, mid-session saved in a race afterwards and then I tried to go on today and it seems my save has been completely wiped out. I tried restarting the game multiple times like @steviejay69 said but it came to nothing.

@BarryBL please can something be done about this soon as I really do not want to start my team from the beginning again :)

On PC if you use File History, you can backup the entire c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata folder.

But, I think Steam cloud sync is quite unsophisticated, so it will automatically overwrite local saves if the cloud data is newer, which might be the issue. For me, the download of 1.14 would not occur until I got a Steam cloud sync error and I thought it unusual as I have it turned off.

I realise this is all anecdotal and I don't have documented evidence but I feel there is a smoking gun at least.

30 minutes ago, GuyBigCool said:

I've got an Xbox though do you have any suggestions for them? Other than restarting the game

@GuyBigCool have you tried deleting your save from the console (not the cloud), restarting the console and Syncing your save back from the Cloud?

• Disagree 1

This was a problem in last year's game which was caused mainly when you accepted an invite without first starting the game first. I learnt after that if you restart the game before you go on and create a new avatar and profile it wouldn't overwrite your previous save. I know this doesn't solve your problem but keep in mind if it happen's again. @ZeroNihilus

1 minute ago, smudger1982 said:

This was a problem in last year's game which was caused mainly when you accepted an invite without first starting the game first. I learnt after that if you restart the game before you go on and create a new avatar and profile it wouldn't overwrite your previous save. I know this doesn't solve your problem but keep in mind if it happen's again. @ZeroNihilus

You mean that if I create a new avatar, I also overwrite my previous save?

• Agree 1

We are still investigating the issues users are experiencing with the savegames and apologise for the inconvenience and frustration this issue is causing. Unfortunately, we cannot use Xbox saves to investigate (due to profiling and access restrictions from Microsoft), so if people have PS4 and PC saves, please attach them here or send them to community@codemasters.com and I will make sure they get added to the continuing internal investigation.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, BarryBL said:

We are still investigating the issues users are experiencing with the savegames and apologise for the inconvenience and frustration this issue is causing. Unfortunately, we cannot use Xbox saves to investigate (due to profiling and access restrictions from Microsoft), so if people have PS4 and PC saves, please attach them here or send them to community@codemasters.com and I will make sure they get added to the continuing internal investigation.

Will this be able to be fixed for Xbox then, even if you cannot use Xbox saves?

@GuyBigCool, can you complete a full bug report please so I can also add this to the investigation. Use the template below: 

54 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

@GuyBigCool, can you complete a full bug report please so I can also add this to the investigation. Use the template below: 

• After being told of a 'corrupted save file', whilst playing My Team I opened the game the next day to find all my save data has been wiped completely. 
  • Platform - Xbox One
  • Version 1.14 
  • My Team
  • We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again? I cannot because I cannot retrieve my save data
  • How do you make the problem happen? 'Corrupted save file' message came up on the screen
  • What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue - Restarted the game multiple times, then deleted my save from the console, restarted the console and the game, synced cloud data and the problem persisted.
  • Using a gamepad
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears. I have no screenshots of the issue as I didn't know it would result in my save data being deleted

I just had this issues twice in the last week.  I am hoping for a bug fix soon?!?

This first time, when the error message came up and it gave the options to retry, cancel, or continue without saving, I selected retry a few times and the continue without saving.  I restarted the game and system and everything was gone, so I tried to delete the save from the console and reload from the cloud and everything was still gone.

Last time this happened, when the error message came up and it gave the options to retry, cancel, or continue without saving, I selected cancel.  I then immediately quit the game, and turned off my xbox.  After a few seconds I turned everything back on and loaded up the game.  I lost the last few minutes of the save, but everything else was there and it is still working a couple days later.  

I am not sure if I just got lucky the second time or if this is a work around.  Maybe this is just something to try if it happens to anyone else, until it gets fixed.

**************** Update

This error happened to me 3 more times and each time I selected Cancel and quit everything.  All three time when I restarted, everything was fine and I continued to play.

Edited by gossensd89

I am an Xbox user and just started playing F12020.  Everything was fine for a few days until today when I opened the game, all my teams were gone!  What is going on?  I'll return the game and get my money back if there is no fix for this because that's just ridiculously frustrating!  Hours wasted; not doing that again!

1 hour ago, CatherineMoro said:

I am an Xbox user and just started playing F12020.  Everything was fine for a few days until today when I opened the game, all my teams were gone!  What is going on?  I'll return the game and get my money back if there is no fix for this because that's just ridiculously frustrating!  Hours wasted; not doing that again!

So sad. I bought the game months ago but had no time yet. Maybe fix will be in 2021 version 😄