Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

F1 2020 not starting on Xbox one

F1 2020 has completely stopped working on my sons Xbox one. 

When he first had the game and he got to season 4 within a month, the My Team career mode wouldn’t load ever since then.

Now since patch 1.14 the game game won’t load at all. Attempts to connect to online services and then crashes to Xbox menu. Removed network cable and still the same. Uninstalled it. Reinstalled it, still the same.

No error codes. Using a Logitech G920

Please can this fixed as he hasn’t been able to play this fully since about a month after release. He’s disappointed after we preordered this. 

Hi,

Thanks for adding your issue. However, we require all bug reports to follow the templates below. This is critical information Codemasters needs to be able to see your bug clearly. Link:

• A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

No error codes, gets to the part where it asked to press start. It crashes back to the xbox menu when it says connecting to online services.

• Platform

Xbox One

• What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

• Game-mode?

None - can't start

• We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?

All the time

• How do you make the problem happen?

Switch Xbox on - start F1 2020 and press start and it crashes

• What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

Removed and reinstalled game, restarted xbox, going off line and disconnecting the network cable

• What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Logitech G920

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

Crashes when connecting to services. Can upload video if required.

Could you add your connectivity settings too @pinmanf1

Wired/Wireless? NAT type? Maybe check with your Internet provider to see if there is any issues. If you are running a Firewall, ensure it is set to allow the game to communicate on the following ports for both inbound and outbound traffic: TCP and UDP port 3074. If you are running a firewall with strict settings, can you try and turn them down/temporarily off to see if this helps.

No firewall. Same issue wired and wireless. Turned Wi Fi off and disconnected the network cable and the game still won’t get to the main menu.

Stopped working when 1.14 was installed so it’s related to that patch. Noticed another post on here with the same issue.

Need this fixed please or give us a way to roll back to 1.13 so at least we can get some use out of this game.

Ok so he created a new profile on his Xbox one to test this and it worked.

So is the saved game corrupted?

How can we fix this and use his normal Xbox profile as I don’t see a way to delete the game save data? 
And how do we ensure that 4 or 5 seasons later it doesn’t corrupt the saved game again?

11 minutes ago, pinmanf1 said:

Ok so he created a new profile on his Xbox one to test this and it worked.

So is the saved game corrupted?

How can we fix this and use his normal Xbox profile as I don’t see a way to delete the game save data? 
And how do we ensure that 4 or 5 seasons later it doesn’t corrupt the saved game again?

Hi @pinmanf1

We have seen an increase in issues affecting some savegames recently. I have added it for urgent attention for the devs. At this moment in time, I'd presume that, unfortunately, the game save is corrupted. I apologise for this. What I'd consider is a backup save file, exclusive of your current one, maybe stored on the cloud to ensure, if this happens again, you have a Plan B.

I can only apologise for the inconvenience caused here.