Ea sports it’s in the game

EA pays over a billion dollars for Codemasters. The money must therefore come back in as quickly as possible, and that can only mean: You have to draw cards in the game. The more money you invest, the better cards you get. In an F1 game that can only mean: You get a better engine, front wing, rear wing, chassis, electronics, etc. when you draw as many cards as you can. The more cards you draw, the higher the chance that you will get a legendary component. If you don't invest additional money, you have significantly less chance of getting legendary components. What works for the FIFA series will inevitably also work for the F1 series. I have no doubts about that. Oh, before I forget, EA doesn't care about offline modes. EA cannot make any money with it, and it only costs unnecessary resources.

• Disagree 1

10 hours ago, dwin20 said:

When EA was producing F1 games - back at the turn of the century - they had telemetry in them. This continues to be a huge missing element in Codemasters' games. So hopefully, EA will push to have this reintroduced.

I doubt telemetry was added in because of EA's management. The PC version F1 Challenge was made by ISI, the same guys that have made rF1 and rF2. The more likely explanation is that ISI decided to add it in.

10 hours ago, dwin20 said:

When EA was producing F1 games - back at the turn of the century - they had telemetry in them. This continues to be a huge missing element in Codemasters' games. So hopefully, EA will push to have this reintroduced.

I remember the release of Grand Prix 4 and F1 2002 I think it was, same time release - I was waiting for the official game review from my favorite game magazin "Gamestar" this time and to my surprise F1 2002 was beating GP4 :O F1 2002 and F1 Racing Challenge 99-02 were decent games though.

I think the game will be not that bad as everyone is expecting

1 hour ago, phxpoo said:

Hopefully they will add official HUD now like in EPL or Bundesliga.

I think this will happen - you cannot say EA Sports does not show "real" presentations - presentation wise we will make a huge step forward I think.

CODEMASTERS + EA SPORTS = IT WILL BE A BRUTAL F1 GAME WITH BRUTAL AMOUNT OF MICROTRANSACTIONS !!! BUT GUYS ITS NORMAL, IT IS REAL LIFE 🙂 IF YOU WANT A GOOD CAR, YOU NEED TO SPEND MORE MONEY, BUT AT THE SAME TIME THAT CAR WILL BE 5X BETTER THEN THE CHEAPER CAR 🙂 NOW I MEAN ON ONLINE RACING 🙂 

IF WE ARE LOOKING FOR OFFLINE / SINGLE PLAYER RACES, THEN YES WE CAN WORRY A LITTLE BIT, BECAUSE WE KNOW THAT EA SPORTS ITS NOT A FAN OF OFFLINE GAMERS 🙂 BUT I REALLY HOPE THEY DONT WANT TO KILL F1 OFFLINE SERIES. I MEAN ON DRIVER CAREER MODE OR MY TEAM MODE AND OF COURSE FORMULA 2 SERIES.

Edited by SabolcSaghmeist

21 hours ago, svensenk86 said:

I think this will happen - you cannot say EA Sports does not show "real" presentations

Which is appropriate, because football presentation graphics are designed for the people watching the game on TV. However, the F1 presentation graphics are not designed for the people driving the cars.

Edited by scottishwildcat
  • Agree 1

EA did have F1 Challenge which was a decent sim: it had telemetry and a large amount of setup customisation (brake pad size, brake air inlet size) etc. @UP100’s comment above may explain why - I hope they continue with this.

If you think about the sheer amount of money sim racers are willing to drop on equipment, and the latest versions of games, it says a lot about the respect that game developers and platforms need to give us!

What I’m really hoping from this is that EA use their might to persuade Microsoft (Xbox) to allow for better button mapping options on wheels!!!

• Like 2

I hope they can persuade Microsoft Xbox to allow for better wheel button mapping options! Criminal that this is still not sorted after many years.

On 12/16/2020 at 8:07 AM, ndrst said:

EA pays over a billion dollars for Codemasters. The money must therefore come back in as quickly as possible, and that can only mean: You have to draw cards in the game. The more money you invest, the better cards you get. In an F1 game that can only mean: You get a better engine, front wing, rear wing, chassis, electronics, etc. when you draw as many cards as you can. The more cards you draw, the higher the chance that you will get a legendary component. If you don't invest additional money, you have significantly less chance of getting legendary components. What works for the FIFA series will inevitably also work for the F1 series. I have no doubts about that. Oh, before I forget, EA doesn't care about offline modes. EA cannot make any money with it, and it only costs unnecessary resources.

Sorry mate but i desagree with you when you said that EA doesn t look for the Offline Mode.. in the last 3 years they had improved a lot.. example The Journey Campaign in Fifa Titles and in the Nascar Heat aswell.. so i guess something big Will appear in next launches of F1 games

• Agree 1

Not that I'm overjoyed that the series is now in the hands of a conglomerate game company but I'm more optimistic than I would have been had 2K managed to wrangle it. EA at least has some past experience with the series and it's entirely possible that increased resources available to the codemasters development team could result in a better game. Could.

• Agree 2

It's entirely possible that EA just leaves Codemasters to continue developing the game and simply offers support and increased resources. It's also entirely possible that they become heavy handed with it and ruin the series. Until we actually see the next release or two making a judgment is simply too early one way or another. Personally I could care less if online becomes some kind of ultimate team racer... especially if it comes alongside spec online races. Most of my investment in the series is with single player career mode.

• Agree 2

On 12/17/2020 at 10:59 AM, scottishwildcat said:

However, the F1 presentation graphics are not designed for the people driving the cars.

this one I don`t get mate, please explain. This presentation thing before qualy and race is kind of cool - this needs a bit more fresh air as the one we have is kind of "old" also the celebration thing at the end of the race. a lot of guys screaming for the TV pod HUD like in real (I dont need all this because i drive cockpit with all other things off) but for some people it is a big thing. I think EA will try to give the best TV presentation for the game...I just speak about presentation here....I hope more significant stuff will be improved like AI and other minor bugs.

10 hours ago, CarlosSantos87 said:

Sorry mate but i desagree with you when you said that EA doesn t look for the Offline Mode.. in the last 3 years they had improved a lot.. example The Journey Campaign in Fifa Titles and in the Nascar Heat aswell.. so i guess something big Will appear in next launches of F1 games 

we will like the offline mode on the first game, on the second game and then it freezes for 3-4 years 😄 like Madden 15 was cool, 16 was still cool, but it is not cool to have the SAME offline mode in the current madden 😛

It's entirely possible that EA just leaves Codemasters to continue developing the game and simply offers support and increased resources

think so too, like they do it with Bioware for Mass Effect or Dragon Age - Bioware makes the game, but EA pushes them to release even when it is not finished 😉 and EA takes care of a proper marketing campaign.

1 hour ago, svensenk86 said:

we will like the offline mode on the first game, on the second game and then it freezes for 3-4 years 😄 like Madden 15 was cool, 16 was still cool, but it is not cool to have the SAME offline mode in the current madden 😛

think so too, like they do it with Bioware for Mass Effect or Dragon Age - Bioware makes the game, but EA pushes them to release even when it is not finished 😉 and EA takes care of a proper marketing campaign.

Difference with this and Bioware is that the F1 games have a set release every year already whereas the Bioware games don't so there wont be any more of a rush than there already is. With the added resources there will probably even be less of a rush.

It will still be the same team making the game as we have always had but with more resources and better funding. 

Yes we'll probably see some EA influence on the microtransaction side of things but the core gameplay won't be affected. We wont suddenly see more arcadey features or anything like that. 

We should all really see how the next game is before immediately writing the series off just because there'll be an EA logo added to the cover. I think a lot of people will be pleasantly surprised. This is coming from someone who really doesn't like EA at all.

• Agree 1

yeah no mate I am also one from those guys who does not see it that bad, it will be a decent game I am pretty sure, as you said, the guys who did F1 2020 will do the next ones just with more money in the hands to do so 😉

and for sure you will have microtransactions, but that is todays games, you don`t have to buy them but who wants who can, so no big deal

• Like 1

Codemasters has definitely been moving toward microtransactions anyway so I actually don't think we're going to be worse off in that specific aspect just because the game is with EA now.

On 12/14/2020 at 10:02 PM, TRJoey said:

A working Ranked lobby with divisions like in fifa . that is my main game mode for F1 and I've been sad for years its been a washout from codmeasters implementing it poorly   what else would you guys like to see from EA ? Positive only .

Assumption!

Nobody knows what EA will do.

I've seen a lot of posts but nothing answers real issue questions like;

Will F1 remain in the hands of the Codemasters staff or will EA overhaul everything? (Are Codemasters staying with F1 but simply under new management?)

If EA want to change things will we loose all the amazing years of evolution of the best AI of any game ever? (This is genuinely my biggest fear, every other games AI are awful in comparison and EA especially have terrible arcade racing games like NFS dirty brick AI).

Why did Codemasters sell such a successful company?

What are the future longterm plans for the F1 game?

If any of these actually HAVE been answered previously I apologise as I must have missed them.

I have hoped EAs takeover would only be a management thing, simply a change of name but lately some articles have hinted differently hence my desire to know a few extra details, hopefully by an official Codemasters member please (to prevent hearsay)..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Carystus said:

If I was running a company and someone offered me 1.2 Billion dollars to buy me out I'd probably take it too.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, svensenk86 said:

and for sure you will have microtransactions, but that is todays games, you don`t have to buy them but who wants who can, so no big deal

You don’t have to buy them, but the constant panhandling is what gets me. You can’t ignore them. After every race you get the Podium Pass/Pitcoin screen. Or a pop up window. 

13 hours ago, Zachrulez said:

Codemasters has definitely been moving toward microtransactions anyway so I actually don't think we're going to be worse off in that specific aspect just because the game is with EA now.

I think it will get worse. Codemasters are already making it worse on their own. Last year it was just car liveries and skins. Now it’s an in game currency they’re pushing. With the latest update (1.14) you’ll get a pop up store window with no possibility to opt out.

Jokes aside, I don’t mind EA taking over. Last generations Codemasters has been gone for a while now. Everything people are scared of, was happening either way. Monetizing is going up, quality is going down. That’s what you get when the accountants are in charge in stead of developers with a passion for motorsport. Just look at Dirt and Grid, it just isn’t the same as it once was.

They just want your money, without actually putting in the effort.

I’m so done with this whole franchise anyway. Nothing but problems, even to this date. Latest example: F2 2020, what a mess. The only thing working properly is the item store! 😂🤑

On 12/14/2020 at 12:13 PM, SabolcSaghmeist said:

Hmmm its very interesting, i dont know its a bad or good news for us 🙂 . Everyone hates EA Sports, but the interesting thing is everyone is playing with EA Sports games (FIFA, NFL, NHL, UFC). A lots of people hates Codemasters, but a lots of people are playing with Codemaster games like (DirtFormula 1, Project Cars and Grid🙂 So why we are playing with this games if we are hating them EA Sports and Codemasters ???!!! The answer is : Because they are the best Sport and Racing game makers 🙂 I hate also Codemasters, because they dont want to upgrade Realistic Drivers Performance for Formula 2 2020, i hate also Codemasters because they dont want to add option Custom Weather in Career Mode , I hate also Codemasters because they dont want to add Equal Cars for Formula 1 in Grand Prix Mode🙂 But i am still playing with Codemasters game Formula 1. Why ???!!! Because they are the BEST !!! I hate them, but at the same time i like them, because they are making the best F1 Game (Few Customisations are the problem only and this year Drivers Performance in Formula 2 ) ... No one Developer can make a Formula 1 game better then Codemasters ... It is same with FIFA, 90% of people hates EA Sports, but they are making the best Football game, just look Pro Evolution Soccer how bad it is compared to FIFA ... 

It's not. Because the are the best  . It's because the are the only game studios developing the game . If you want to play a game you have no. Choice but to buy it of the developer that made it as that's the only developer that had designed the game weather you like the company or not . People don't buy the F1 game of codies because the are the best . It's because the is no other company allowed to make it . I rember when ea used to design the F1 game . Back then if was great it had more freedoms than any codies F1 game . I rember having to do manual pit stops stuff like that . I'm hoping the design it the way the used to in the 2004 I don't think the will be much change in next year's game but 2022 should see EA make there mark in it . 

11 hours ago, Carystus said:

I've seen a lot of posts but nothing answers real issue questions like;

Will F1 remain in the hands of the Codemasters staff or will EA overhaul everything? (Are Codemasters staying with F1 but simply under new management?)

If EA want to change things will we loose all the amazing years of evolution of the best AI of any game ever? (This is genuinely my biggest fear, every other games AI are awful in comparison and EA especially have terrible arcade racing games like NFS dirty brick AI).

What are the future longterm plans for the F1 game?

If any of these actually HAVE been answered previously I apologise as I must have missed them.

I have hoped EAs takeover would only be a management thing, simply a change of name but lately some articles have hinted differently hence my desire to know a few extra details, hopefully by an official Codemasters member please (to prevent hearsay)..

I take it you never played any of the EA F1 games what the designed back in the early 2000 to 2004 . . Of the updated the graphics and physics to modern times I would quit happily buy the F1 games the designed in 04 . The were just more open .manual pit stops and it was manual where you had to do the full pit stop your self .no A1 taking over . I'm looking forward to seeing what the van do . With it . I've bought every F1. Game . And especially the past couple of year I haven't completed career . Not because it's too long . But too boring after a few seasons . The just isn't any imagination to story mode . It doesn't even feel like a career. 

So I'm really hoping EA brings some immersion to it as most of the time I just feel as if driving in a circle . You get your first win in a midfield car and the game doesn't even mention it